• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone Having Trouble Adding Free Dining to an Existing Reservation?

jennpug

Earning My Ears
I have had our 10 day Septmber vacation booked for a few months. We are staying at Pop Century with 10 day passes and booked the dining plan as well. I received an Email from our TA a week or so ago that mentioned there was a Disney special available during our stay, but that it was not available to us. Because I am so busy I never even read the Email for a couple of days and even when I did I figured it was just some little discount--no big deal.

When I finally got some free time I was looking around at several sites and realized she was referring to the free dining promotion. I also realized that our dates (09/23 -10/02) fit within the timeframe. I Emailed her back and she said that she checked our reservation a couple of times, but each time the results were the same: our package price would increase dramatically with the special (again she does not mention what the "special" is) because the rates have gone up so much since I booked in February!

I called Disney the next day and was told that there was no problem with us getting the free dining. Of course they could not change the reservation I had made with my TA, so I just re-booked with Disney directly. (Luckily I had not paid more than the deposit with the TA.) I certainly hope I get the deposit refunded!

Because there are 4 adults and 3 children in our party and we are staying for 9 nights, the free dining saves me nearly $1600! I am so pleased that we are getting this deal, but am shocked by the service provided by my TA. I believe I will book my Disney vacations by myself from now on.

Has anyone else run into this? From what I've read it seems that most people are not having a problem getting the free dining.

Jenn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter