Anyone here get married in Vegas?

I haven't, but three of my friends have! What type of wedding are you looking for? One of them eloped just the two of them, and the other two of my friends booked pre-arranged packages with their resorts (one was at Bellagio, one at Mandalay Bay). The two that got married at the hotels had smaller parties (roughly 30 people), but still had a traditional wedding in a "chapel"-type room followed by receptions at trendy restaurants.

Yep, our friends got married at Bellagio too. Just the wedding couple, plus DW and I to act as witnesses. I'm guessing they purchased a rather high end package - they could afford it, and were treated like royalty. We got to tag along with them and the photographer for the wedding shots. Got to go through lots of off-limits areas - it was lots of fun, and beautiful.

-Bob

Yes! Eloped. Loved it. Half the fun was in the spontaneity. I couldn't imagine going there and planning a wedding:)

Yup got married at the little chapel of flowers, good price, great staff & awesome pics. Used their limo service to & from the chapel as well. Gl & congrats, oh it was also brodcast on internet for ppl that couldnt be there...

Very late to weigh in, but yep, we were married there. It will be 15 years ago this October.

Just a note, it's not like in the movies/on TV. You do actually have to go downtown to get your marriage license LOL You don't just shop up and get married LOL

We planned it. No elopement, but we also went alone.

We were married in Las Vegas a few years ago. We used the Viva Las Vegas wedding chapel and got married in the Do Wop Diner by Elvis. It was tacky but we loved it.

Yes, we did. We actually had our bachelor and bachelorette party there the week before our planned wedding ceremony/reception back in San Diego. Our wedding ceremony/reception was on Thanksgiving weekend so for us, it worked our great because we had friends and family fly into Las Vegas on Saturday morning. We went downtown first to get the marriage license and then once all of our friends and family flew in, we had dinner together. From there, we went to the "clubs" and met back at the Little White Wedding Chapel at 2am to get married by Elvis. We had about 30 of our friends and family actually make the trip to Las Vegas and we figured, why not get married in Las Vegas instead of getting married in San Diego where you basically stand in line at the court house and pay $50. This way, we'll def remember our wedding night and it was so fun.

When we finally woke up on Sunday morning, to top off the weekend, my wife was trying to show her friend how to play one of the nickel slots and in leaning over, she accidentally hit the Max Bet button and luckily hit the jackpot. It wasn't anything that would put us on the news but it was enought o cover our expenses for the weekend so it was a nice way to cap it off until the reception with our parents and other friends and family that couldn't make it. It was a good sized wedding of about 175 people but getting married in Vegas was so fun.

We actually looked into those wedding packages at the Bellagio and such. They're actually really nice and not as expesnive as we thought it might be. They're still pricey but not as pricey as we thought. At the end of the day we didn't do that just because of the logistics of getting our parents and ohter guests there so we just figured that we'd saved the
"main" reception for the Saturday after thanksgiving and stick with our wedding at the Little White Wedding Chapel.

If you're thinking about doing it, make it big and fun. All of our friends that went and we told our plans to, loved it and were so excited to be part of our Vegas wedding.

It really depends on what kind of wedding you are looking for. I have had friends getting married in the chapels on the strip and others who do the fancy weddings at the hotels...

My wife and I got married at the MGM Grand almost 4 years ago. We did a package through their chapel which was cool because we had been planning a traditional wedding locally and were getting fed up of rising costs and vendors, etc. MGM has some nice packages. We planned the reception separate of the ceremony and just had everyone do a lunch at the Wolfgang Puck restaurant in the MGM and then we took a break and everyone went out on the strip that night. We really enjoyed it and wouldn't have changed it for the world. At the time we lived in So Cal so it was easy for people to get there and it was a nice test to see who actually cares about you (made the drive out there) as opposed to a free booze party (local wedding). We had around 35 people total, mostly family.

A few things that were a slight bummer but not too bad.
- We booked everything like 6 months or more in advance, and had significance to our date. After we booked, the hotel decided to have a De la Hoya/ Pacquiao fight the same night as our wedding. So, the hotel was booked solid and packed.
- The marathon was the morning after our wedding and we got to wake up to a helicopter outside our window at 6am.
- The rodeo was in town as well.
- OJ Simpson was being sentenced at the courthouse the day/time we were scheduled to go there to get our mariage license.

It is pretty cool going around the strip in your wedding duds and sometimes people walking by can be generous (give gifts) towards the newly weds. I think overall we spent around $10k.

My husband and I did at the Graceland Chapel, it was a breeze start to finish, and there was no stress attached to it that one would associate with a well planned wedding. We had all of 20 guests and had a fun time time. Travel and hotel costs aside, our whole wedding including attire, under $1,000 so we are also not in debt from it either. For us it was a winner and everything we wanted it to be, a fun, no stress, low cost day.

I'm new to the boards but couldn't resist trying to help out the original poster in this thread. Married almost 6 years ago at the Little Church of the West at the south end of the strip in fabulous Las Vegas! It's an historic landmark so it can not be torn down (a major draw for us). Likely with real estate prices they could always move it somewhere else, I guess, but it won't 'go away.' It's a beautiful little church and they really take care of everything. We got a deluxe package, pics and whatnot, and had a wonderful time. Good luck with your plans and big day!

DH and i got married at the NY-NY in august 1998 - had a retired rabbi officiate (DH is jewish) - small reception dinner at Emeril's - it was extremely hot that week! - we go every august now (but stay at the Paris)

My first visit to Vegas I stayed at the Flamingo and vowed that whenever I get married that was going to be my spot fast forward 9 years later met the love of my life and got married at the Flamingo 5 years ago. We even got a brick that has our names and married date onthe grounds there

My first visit to Vegas I stayed at the Flamingo and vowed that whenever I get married that was going to be my spot fast forward 9 years later met the love of my life and got married at the Flamingo 5 years ago. We even got a brick that has our names and married date onthe grounds there

My sister is getting married at the Flamingo next week. :-)

We had both had short live marriages (1-2 yrs) w/ big weddings--the folks said this time you are on your own. We were broke, so Vegas was perfect!

We were married at the Candlelight Chapel across from Circus Circus (now moved to Henderson as a historic site). When we went to get the license, we were the only ones in a suit & dressy dress. Others were in workout gear, drunk, 80s prom dresses...guess they thought we were really serious--they didn't even ask for ID! Cheesy as heck! Horrid dinner at the Riviera diner--I ordered a Chinese noodle dish & out came Ramen noodles (yep, identical to the .15/pkg ones!)

But we have 2 other couple friends who married in Vegas (was second marriage for groom of one couple, bride of the other). They have each been married 15 & 12 years.

We were married at the a candlelight chapel too!! We were a true "Vegas wedding". We decided to do it while we were there for the weekend. We were in shorts and tshirts and sandals. LOL our families were definitely shocked when we called to tell them the next day, especially since we had only known each other 5 months. :) We've been married 15 years this years! :)

Got married in Vegas (gulp) 20 years ago! At the Circus Circus wedding chapel. Despite that we are still married! It was actually very nice although very 80's looking (which wasn't all that bad since it was 92). Had a package deal with flowers, photos and all that. About 20-25 people came and then we had the reception back in San Diego with more people.

We had a great week vacation with our wedding right in the middle. Vegas is a destination many more people will travel to as opposed to a cruise or some Caribbean island, it's not as far and more affordable. A friend just had Elvis remarry them at a vow renewal at the Chapel Of Love with about 50 guests, had a great time at that too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter