Anyone thinking of (or using) owners locker?

have a look at the lists of things people tell us they store and see if that helps. There are several OL packing lists on the DVC forums here at The DIS and the Owner's Forums (in the Community section of the OL site) also has lots of lists.

John

This brings me to my next question - can I use my 'dashboard' to list things I want to put in my locker when I get to it, or is the list only for items already in the locker ... or is it entirely up to me how I use my dashboard? (Can you tell I'm ever so slightly obsessive? ;) )

Moira - glad I can make you envious sometimes! ;)

Congratulations (?!) Hilary and Moira. There should be some sort of "Welcome Home" type greeting for people who become Owner's Locker members! How about "Happy Packing"!! :teeth:

I'd never have thought a big purple box (currently empty) could make me look forward to our next trip to Orlando this much! :rolleyes: :crazy:

It's crazy, but it's true!!! :thumbsup2

Ok Hilary, colour me officially envious :upsidedow (Appropriate colour for the smiley!) I've toyed with the idea for ages but DH - who does the lugging of the cases after all - thinks it's a waste of money......

The way I look at it is "what price convenience" although I'd better not let John from Owners Locker see this ;)

This brings me to my next question - can I use my 'dashboard' to list things I want to put in my locker when I get to it, or is the list only for items already in the locker ... or is it entirely up to me how I use my dashboard? (Can you tell I'm ever so slightly obsessive? ;) )

I think that's a good idea to use your Dash Board to list what you want to put in your locker :thumbsup2

Hi Hilary,

Te dashboard is what we call the My Account section of the OL site. Here's a screen shot of what it looks like:

http://www.ownerslocker.com/popup/dashboard.cfm

The online inventory can be reached by clicking on the "edit locker" button. If you have more than one Locker, you can have a separate inventory for each one.

The inventory software is very flexible. You enter an item--like "shampoo" and then you can enter the details for the item such as "Johnson's Baby Shampoo; 50 ml; half full." When you click on edit locker again, a list starts to build.

You can also use the inventory for a list of things to put in your Locker; a list of things to buy, a list of things to do, your restaurant reservations, etc. You can print it out before you leave or access from any computer.

For an even longer explanation, have a look at this post:

http://www.ownerslocker.com/blog/2008/01/how_do_i_remember_what_ive_sto.html

Tink, you're safe, we have no plans to raise prices. When we did our business plan, we assumed we'd hold prices for at least three years. I just hate it when people just automatically raise prices. We're in this business for the long term.

Good news, Pootle. Tell your husband, I aways kept a bottle of champagne and candles in our Locker for the jacuzzi when I was testing out the service when i was based in London!

John

just about to go ans sign up for an owners locker :thumbsup2 hopefully it will help us not having to humph all ds medical stuff each year

just about to go ans sign up for an owners locker :thumbsup2 hopefully it will help us not having to humph all ds medical stuff each year

You won't regret it and just think of all that extra space you'll have coming home :thumbsup2

I had seen this advertised before and considered it, but im not sure if its a little pricey (with the joining fee and yearly rates) or not, still trying to convince myself its worth it.

The only things we really seem to throw away are any toiletries (sp?) we buy whilst there, the chargers don't take up much room.

Im just not sure!

I signed up last night. The mug and glassware business and Mary's endorsement at Mousesavers pushed me into it. I haven't told DH yet. He still thinks it's a waste. Hope the convenience will sell him in July.

I had seen this advertised before and considered it, but im not sure if its a little pricey (with the joining fee and yearly rates) or not, still trying to convince myself its worth it.

The only things we really seem to throw away are any toiletries (sp?) we buy whilst there, the chargers don't take up much room.

Im just not sure!

I think you'll find that with a locker there will be loads of things that you would leave in it. Things you'd probably not even think about until you're there. The joining fee is a one off and with the great exchange rate at the moment it's under £50 for a year, less than the cost of a decent meal in Disney

Looked at it myself and to be honest I really didnt think it was worth it unless I was going at least four or more times a year which unfortunatly I dont. For what we would put in it it would probably be as cheap to throw the stuff away at the end of each trip and buy new on returning to Orlando.

Im just not sure!

Don't forget about the risk free trial :thumbsup2 If you really decide it isn't for you, then you won't have lost anything. But I believe that everyone who has tried it has realised they can't do without it!! ;)

Yeah I did see the trial option. We weren't suppose to be going back to Orlando until December 2009, but im trying to squeeze in a trip this December. If we do then I may consider using the trial and see how we get on.

Im just not sure!

Did you see the Mousesavers $50 off promo in todays hot deals email? I was put off by the joining fee but this makes it just $25 which is a good deal.

Did you see the Mousesavers $50 off promo in todays hot deals email? I was put off by the joining fee but this makes it just $25 which is a good deal.

I saw this yesterday :thumbsup2 - It's a great offer (I wish I'd held off signing up now, as we won't be using our locker until October! ;) ). For anyone thinking of taking up the offer, it's valid for joining 24 - 26 March only.

I saw this yesterday :thumbsup2 - It's a great offer (I wish I'd held off signing up now, as we won't be using our locker until October! ;) ). For anyone thinking of taking up the offer, it's valid for joining 24 - 26 March only.

Oh hum, so despite Mousesavers being bookmarked and looking at it often, guess who has never signed up for the newsletter then :guilty: Serves me right! I'm hoping to get 'my' box at the end of next month and I still haven't signed up ....... but I will - whatever the cost :thumbsup2

Don't you just hate missing out on a bargain though? Well done to anyone who could take advantage of the offer - obviously NOT Hilary or me though ;)

Oh hum, so despite Mousesavers being bookmarked and looking at it often, guess who has never signed up for the newsletter then :guilty: Serves me right! I'm hoping to get 'my' box at the end of next month and I still haven't signed up ....... but I will - whatever the cost :thumbsup2

Don't you just hate missing out on a bargain though? Well done to anyone who could take advantage of the offer - obviously NOT Hilary or me though ;)

You and me both! :mad:

If you go to the sign up page there is a drop down menu asking you where you heard of OL. If you pick the Mousesavers option it takes the $50 off for you and makes the joining fee only $25. But as others have said you have to sign up by tomorrow

If you go to the sign up page there is a drop down menu asking you where you heard of OL. If you pick the Mousesavers option it takes the $50 off for you and makes the joining fee only $25. But as others have said you have to sign up by tomorrow

Thanks Jakki! :thumbsup2

I've just signed up! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: I've got two visits planned for 2008 so thought it would be a perfect opportunity to properly try it out! Can't wait... :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter