Anyone up for a PTR? Jeff and Jon's 2nd trip to da World! (shhhh! it's a surprise!!!)

And Jeff, kudos for you all for getting through that storm...I would have been so been terrified and probably've pissed my pants!

It was just crazy...and we had another storm today! Just around the same time as the last one! The weather has been nuts here in the NC Mountains, but we really need the rain!!!!

It's Friday, I just got paid and I have a Disney Trip to pay for! :eek: I know some of you are waiting for the Day #3 Plan, which is the big day that Jon turns 40, but I haven't really made a plan yet for this day. I can tell you that I made all of the ADR changes and you will have to wait to find out what I changed! I can tell you that I am so excited! We have 2 more months and I gotta get my hiney in gear and work to make some Ka Ching!$$$$$$$$$$ You know whatta I mean? Disney is not cheap!

I have opened up my ebay store again and it's going pretty well. I know I can't really talk about what I am doing there, but I can say that it helps with the funding for this trip! It's a lot of extra work. I have to send out packages which means I have to stop by the post office every other day.There's always a huge line there and plus postal rates are going up starting on Monday! I guess the line waiting at the post office will be good practice for July! :lmao:

Also, I have started cleaning out my closets. It's time to have a yard sale! I don't know about you guys, but us N. Carolinians love a yard sale and I will be having one. I told Jon that he needed to get his "junk" together b/c we are having a yard sale! We have so much clothing to get rid of and hoping I can sell it at our yard sale and what I can't sell will be going to Good Will. Jon and I lost about 70 lbs. each in the past couple of years just cutting back our fat in take and I'm now a 36 in the waist! So, I have all these clothes that are too big for me and hopefully there's someone out there that needs some good stuff! I hope by the end of May, I will have done my yard sale.....so stay tuned for the results!!!

I hope everyone has a good weekend! I have to work tomorrow! Ugh! So, I am hoping that I have sometime to jot down a few more plans to share with y'all soon! I promise!

Speaking of cleaning out the closets, I found our wedding CD so I thought I would share some of our wedding pics! This is before the Disney Bug made it's way to us! I would have LOVED to had a wedding like Rob!!!! So, I hope you enjoy some of our special day!
JUILIANOJV032308343_343_343.jpg

Our 1st Dance!
JUILIANOJV032308323_323_323.jpg

Our Cake! That was a damn good cake! Look at our faces! We couldn't wait to eat it! It was all chocolate!!!! :thumbsup2
JUILIANOJV032308224_224_224.jpg

This was one my favorites!

See you all later!!!!

Speaking of cleaning out the closets, I found our wedding CD so I thought I would share some of our wedding pics! This is before the Disney Bug made it's way to us! I would have LOVED to had a wedding like Rob!!!! So, I hope you enjoy some of our special day!
JUILIANOJV032308343_343_343.jpg

Our 1st Dance!

Our Cake! That was a damn good cake! Look at our faces! We couldn't wait to eat it! It was all chocolate!!!! :thumbsup2
JUILIANOJV032308224_224_224.jpg

This was one my favorites!

See you all later!!!!

What great pictures! Please post more wedding pictures! :banana:

Me! For best actor in a "keeping a secret role!" :lmao: With it being Mother's Day, I called my mother last night and I filled her in on what's going on......and here's how the conversation went....

Mom: So you two are going again?!?!?!?!

Me: Yes mam....we are going again......

Mom: Why not the beach? Then you can stop by and see your mother and the rest of your family on the way there!

Me: Well....I.......

Mom: Don't give me that bull! Just have fun and be careful...

Me: We will.....just don't say anything about this trip...no one knows and I want it to be a surprise!

Mom: Well...Jon doesn't know. I know this for a fact.....

Me: Really?

Mom: Yep! He thinks y'all are going to beach.....he knows that you have marked his book for that time....

Me: Uhuh...and what else did he say????

Mom: Well...I told him that I was ready to see you two and I asked him the other day when I called him when were y'all coming back to see us and he said...."Oh, around July on my birthday....."

Me: hmmmmmm....okay! Why did you call him?

Mom: Oh...I had to call him for some help with my hair and I had your anut to help me with highlights.......

And the conversation went on talking about her hair....

That would be my mom! She loves the fact that she now has a son-in-law that is hair stylist....she gets all the benefits and just loves it. Anyway!!!! I am so glad that she did call.....I think it was meant to be for this trip to be a surprise!!! Yay!!! Now that she knows, I hope she doesn't get all giddy and slip with the surprise.

So, last night, (And I can slap myself b/c I can't fib to Jon) I asked Jon did he have fun the other day helping my mom with her "at home highlights help." He said, yeah, and I meant to tell you that I talked to her...she called me b/c she wanted some highlights and I told her over the phone that I would try to help her the best I can....blah blah....And she wants us to go see her.....I told him that I know and we would very soon!!!! Jon just looked at me and winked.....he gave me the look like he knows his surprise already! :rotfl:

I am so happy to hear that Jon thinks we are going to beach for his birthday. Gosh, will he be surprised!!!!! :goodvibes

Okay...I have to get ready and shower. We are taking my mother in law to lunch today for Mother's Day and I rather much be doing something else! I know that is awlful to say.....That's a whole different story there.....;)

To all you Mother's out there.....Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!

oh my god...that cake!!! I was at a prom last night and they had chocolate strawberries!! OHHHH I must have ate 10 of them!!! Kudos on that cake!!!

oh my god...that cake!!! I was at a prom last night and they had chocolate strawberries!! OHHHH I must have ate 10 of them!!! Kudos on that cake!!!

It was the bomb....and the prom you went to sounds like they had some good munchies....love chocolate strawberries! At my prom, all we had was m and m's and mt. dew!

Hopefully, I will some updates and some more wedding pics! Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!!!!

I have to send out packages which means I have to stop by the post office every other day.There's always a huge line there and plus postal rates are going up starting on Monday! I guess the line waiting at the post office will be good practice for July! :lmao:

Have you tried going onto usps.com - paying and printing everything out online? Then you can just take it to the post office or give it to your postal carrier.

Hello Everybody!!! I hope everyone is doing well. Seems like I lost some of ya, but maybe you all are lurking. I use to be lurker on these parts now I got up the nerve to share. I hope you all are enjoying the thread!

What a week this has been! I have been really busy with my "2nd Jobs" so this surprise trip will be a huge success! I know it will be wonderful and the way that time is passing by, it will be here before we know it!

Before I "lay out" the Day 3 plan, I thought I would give you all an update on how things are going....

My Ebay store is rockin'! It takes up so much time and I'm at the Post Office every other day! It's all good and making some extra $$$$! I'm just waitin' for that credit card bill statement.....:scared1:

I called last week and got the Magical Express all book for our arrival. I hope that it doesn't take too long like everyone talks about! Any of you guys wanna share your Magical Express, please feel free. I would love to hear them!

Jon is still clueless......doesn't have a clue at all. Just cross your fingers that I don't slip!

Okay...on to Day 3's plan...

This will be the big day that Jon turns 40 and I want it to be perfect and I know it will! I may need some help from you guys, so feel free to let me know! I would love some help and tips! I have some ideas already, but have no idea where to go.

I know we will be eating breakfast somewhere 1st thing. Maybe at WL or somewhere else. I know we will be visiting either AK or Epcot. I am thinking maybe AK 1st thing. We missed the Safari last time and don't wanna miss this time. Last time, we were having a blast on Everest, we keep riding and riding until the Safari closed for the day. Also, we want to catch the Lion King show. I hear it's awesome. :)

Sometime in the afternoon we are gonna have to head back to the room to change for dinner. We have a ADR at 530p at.....drum roll please......Yatchmen's Steakhouse!!!! I orginally booked Brown Derby but I changed it the other week! I am so excited! :goodvibes I decided to take Orlandomike's word and give it try! With such a early ADR, we will have time to enjoy WS and FW at Epcot later that evening. FW has EMH scheduled! :goodvibes One question, do you think it will be okay to wear a nice pair of shorts with a nice polo shirt for dinner? I know YSH is a signature restuarant and there's a dress code so I hope that will work.

I am hoping that one of my plans will work on this day too. I have a plan to do something "cutesy" for Jon's bday......and I wonder if I can make it work. I was thinking about having our room decorated while we are out for the day. I have read about it on here and I know there's a way to have it done. I know it will be expensive.....do I ask the FD for help at the WL? Or do I call the Disney Florist for help? Not sure what to do....I was thinking that I would buy all the decorations here and maybe have someone at WL take care of it while we are out for the day? Not sure what to do here.....:confused: Suggestions or ideas????

I also thought about a special cake being ordered and made. Am I correct that I heard there is bakery that specializes in birthday cakes that's in the YC resort and they can help me? Not sure what to do there either......I would love to get some kind of cake decorated with Jack Skellington on it or maybe another villian. Jon is so into the villian characters at Disney.....

So there's my plan for Day 3! Again, I am thrilled to get YSH and can't wait to try it! I am sure you all will be reading about it when I make my 2nd TR!

Okay, pic time! And many of you have been asking for some more wedding pics...so here ya go!

JUILIANOJV032308126_126_126.jpg

I still get teary eyed looking at this one......
JUILIANOJV032308105_105_105.jpg

We had about 125 in attendance which was the max we could have at our venue.
JUILIANOJV032308132_132_132.jpg

Another shot of the cake, yum yum!
JUILIANOJV032308015_015_015.jpg

For sirjeffrey90.....loved the strawberries!
JUILIANOJV032308457_457_457.jpg

Then the drinks started to flow all around....yeehaw!

Enjoy! And see ya next time!

One question, do you think it will be okay to wear a nice pair of shorts with a nice polo shirt for dinner? I know YSH is a signature restuarant and there's a dress code so I hope that will work.

I am hoping that one of my plans will work on this day too. I have a plan to do something "cutesy" for Jon's bday......and I wonder if I can make it work. I was thinking about having our room decorated while we are out for the day. I have read about it on here and I know there's a way to have it done. I know it will be expensive.....do I ask the FD for help at the WL? Or do I call the Disney Florist for help? Not sure what to do....I was thinking that I would buy all the decorations here and maybe have someone at WL take care of it while we are out for the day? Not sure what to do here.....:confused: Suggestions or ideas????

I also thought about a special cake being ordered and made. Am I correct that I heard there is bakery that specializes in birthday cakes that's in the YC resort and they can help me? Not sure what to do there either......I would love to get some kind of cake decorated with Jack Skellington on it or maybe another villian. Jon is so into the villian characters at Disney....

As for the shorts at YSH .... I don't think those are allowed and even if they are, I'd wear slacks. As I recall it was a dressy place.

For the cake and room decorations, the people on the podcast always recommend a company called Gifts of a Lifetime. Give them a call and see what they can offer. It's probably pricey though ... but less expensive than Disney.

Just caught up... I can't believe I missed this!

I could never keep a trip like this a surprise. :sad2:

We will be there at the same time, I believe. I check in 6/28 and out 7/10! We are staying at SSR, POFQ, and BCV!

Have you tried going onto usps.com - paying and printing everything out online? Then you can just take it to the post office or give it to your postal carrier.

Oh yeah, I do all the shipping and labeling at home. I never can catch my mail man...I always have to stop by the post office.....

AHHH! The strawberries!!! I'm going through withdrawls!!

I posted that all for you! Enjoy!

As for the shorts at YSH .... I don't think those are allowed and even if they are, I'd wear slacks. As I recall it was a dressy place.
For the cake and room decorations, the people on the podcast always recommend a company called Gifts of a Lifetime. Give them a call and see what they can offer. It's probably pricey though ... but less expensive than Disney.

Thanks for the heads up on the YSH....Flordia heat and kakis! :sad1:

Thanks for the link too! And it's all expensive, but I think I have found a solution and stay tune to see what happens....;)

Loved seeing the wedding pics, thanks for sharing!

Hey Kinglou! Thanks for looking at them! It was such a wonderful time!

Just caught up... I can't believe I missed this!

I could never keep a trip like this a surprise. :sad2:

We will be there at the same time, I believe. I check in 6/28 and out 7/10! We are staying at SSR, POFQ, and BCV!

Hey there!!!!!! Glad you caught up and right now its driving me nuts trying to keep this secret...Jon is right beside me as I type on my laptop and I just want to tell him so bad!!!!!

Maybe our plans will cross! :wizard:

I never can catch my mail man...

Ask for Wally's advice on that.

He's become quite adept at snaring mail men, and plumbers, and cable guys, and meter readers, and . . . well just about any service provider he can lure over to his house. :rotfl2:

Pity none of them are ever quite the same afterward. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter