Anyone up for a PTR? Jeff and Jon's 2nd trip to da World! (shhhh! it's a surprise!!!)

Happy Monday Everyone! It was actually my Sunday today. I figured that I would make a post now b/c I have a hetic week starting tomorrow!

Here is the plan on how I will let Jon know the surprise......

I was on Ebay and found what I needed. I bought some Mickey ear shaped balloons. I actually got them really cheap. It's amazing what you can find on there.....anyway, on Friday July 3, Jon will come to work and see one of the balloons blown up with a invitation tied to the end. I will place it at his work station tied to his hair dyer!!! I also plan to have Disney music playing on the stero system in Jon's shop and having it turned up loud. He will be the 1st one that morning! :goodvibes

I got the idea from the TV commericals that advertises Disney, all the balloons that float in the air with the invitations tied the the end of the balloon strings....so I thought it would be cute to do this!

I have to get up really early that morning to take care of this. I also have to sneak the spare key to Jon's shop so I can get in that morning! It will be a fun day on that particular day, I'm sure Jon's co-workers will be celebrating his birthday also.:wizard:

Jon is still clueless, he thinks we are going to my hometown which is near the beach! No one knows except me and Mom! I am so proud of myself that I have not slipped the word! I hope I can continue for 5 weeks.....

:angel:

Here's some pics to share!

image17.jpg

I thought this was cute...cheesy but cute!

IMG_1521.jpg

I'm so ready to get back on this.....

What a great surprise! Jon is very lucky to have you as a partner.

But if you PM Wally with the nasties and not me...I'll stomp and cry and hold my breath till I turn BLUE! :mad:

I think that sounds like a great way of springing the surprise!! Good luck with it! Hope you're able to keep it in until then.

But if you PM Wally with the nasties and not me...I'll stomp and cry and hold my breath till I turn BLUE! :mad:

and she doesnt look THAT good in THAT shade of blue.

That is a wonderful way to surprise him... I LOVE those commercials... will there be a video of this surprise reveal???

I am so lucky to have him in my life, he is the greatest! :lovestruc And I have no nasties to send, I was just foolin'!

I think that sounds like a great way of springing the surprise!! Good luck with it! Hope you're able to keep it in until then.

I hope it works out, you all will have details! Thanks for the good luck, I will need it!

and she doesnt look THAT good in THAT shade of blue.
That is a wonderful way to surprise him... I LOVE those commercials... will there be a video of this surprise reveal???

I thought it would be a neat idea to surprise him that way. I could get someone to video it or at least take a picture. I want to be there when he finds out...but I know I will have to hurry to work so I can't stick around. I will fill you all in with details.....

Great job on keeping the surprise secret this long! I can't keep anything a secret for more than a day or two. :upsidedow Looks like DW and I will be arriving about halfway through your trip, but it doesn't look like we're hitting the same parks on the same days. If we happen to see you guys though, we'll be sure to say hiya! :yay:

Great job on keeping the surprise secret this long! I can't keep anything a secret for more than a day or two. :upsidedow Looks like DW and I will be arriving about halfway through your trip, but it doesn't look like we're hitting the same parks on the same days. If we happen to see you guys though, we'll be sure to say hiya! :yay:

Hey Shir Kahn!

So far so good and he still doesn't know!

You guys will have to say hello if you see us! I just found your PTR and TRs so I will take a look! Now I have something to read tonight! :surfweb:

Wow! It's been awhile now since I last posted anything to this PTR. I hope everyone is doing well! The last couple of weeks have been a little hectic with Memorial Day, many friends celebrating birthdays, and my best friend had her baby so I have been spending a lot time working and celebrating! It's all good! The past 2 days, Jon has been really sick with the stomach virus and he returned to work today. Thank God he is doing better! He was so sick! So far, I am doing fine and show no signs of the bug....(knock on wood!) God, I hope I don't get it!!!! Anyway!!!!!

I have started the official countdown and in about 30 days, we will be flying out ready to celebrate Jon's 40th!!!! I am excited! And as of this very minute, he still has no clue what is going to happen. All I got to say is so proud of myself for not slipping with the surprise! Many of you have commented that you can't keep a secret or surprise, but I have done very well. The only one that knows is my mom, my DVC friend, and you guys.

Jon still thinks he is visiting my hometown, which is near the NC Coastline. We were eating at Chili's last week and we were talking. I told Jon that we needed to be working on our base tans so we would not get severely sun burned this summer. Jon replied "Yeah, I don't wanna be sunburned at the beach while celebrating my birthday....." I just looked at him with food in my mouth and acted like I was shocked. So, I played along with him. "How did you find out Mister Know it All?" Then he said, "Oh Honey, I just knew it. I had that feeling. Your mom called me awhile back and I just have that feeling we are going out that way!" I continued to act dissappointed that he found out my secert. He keep on saying, "I'm sorry but you would have slipped and told me anyway!" Later on, he was talking to his sister and kept bragging that he was going to the beach for his birthday. Well, I hope he doesn't get disappointed now when he finds out that we are heading south to Orlando!

Here's an update on what's going on with our plans......

I have decided to change a few things. I could not make up my mind at all!!! I am keeping our ADRs, but changing our park plans. Why? Well, I got inspired by this one couple, who also stayed at WL, who didn't go to the parks at all. They just kicked back and relaxed and enjoyed WL. Sounds nice, but I have gotta have some park time and so does Jon. So, I got to thinking and jotting down different things and now I have changed some things......

After thinking long and hard, I purchased our tickets for our return visit. I have purchased 2 Days with Hopper and water parks/Disney Quest admission. There was another couple's TR I was reading who did the same thing. Not being a copy cat, I took some of their ideas. You will have to stayed tuned and I will let you all know my new plans!

I received my Mickey Balloons from my ebay seller! They are really cool and they look just like the ones on the commercials for Disney and the "Celebrate" advertisements. I am using some of the balloons for my surprise revealing and hopefully some for our room at WL when we arrive! Yay! I am so excited!! Maybe I can buy a toy sand pail with shovel and tie the balloons to it and have the card read "Thought you were going to beach, huh????"

Thanks for tuning back in. Next time, I will have a finalized itinerary ready to share!

And I would love hear about your experiences at any of the water parks and Disney Quest....I hope they are good ones!!!

See ya later taters!!!!

I won free tickets to DisneyQuest once, thought I would be in an out in an hour! 8 hours later I left and had a blast! I loved it!

I've also spent a lot of time at both water parks and I would sum them us as this.

If your looking for thrills, go to Blizzard!

If your idea of fun is relaxing on a beach under an umbrella with a drink in your hand, try Typhoon.

Both have slides. Blizzards are bigger and faster. But the wave pool, Sharks reef, and the new Crush and Gusher make Typhoon the place for me!

Sounds like your plans are comming along great!

DisneyQuest is amazing, we hit it every time we go. We still haven't been to either waterpark but we're planning on going to Typhoon Lagoon this trip. I think I might have to track down some of those balloons myself, they sound perfect for surprises! Somehow, I have this crazy feeling that Jon won't be terribly upset at missing out on beach time. :rotfl:

I won free tickets to DisneyQuest once, thought I would be in an out in an hour! 8 hours later I left and had a blast! I loved it!

I've also spent a lot of time at both water parks and I would sum them us as this.

If your looking for thrills, go to Blizzard!

If your idea of fun is relaxing on a beach under an umbrella with a drink in your hand, try Typhoon.

Both have slides. Blizzards are bigger and faster. But the wave pool, Sharks reef, and the new Crush and Gusher make Typhoon the place for me!

Sounds like your plans are comming along great!

Hey Mike!!! Are you recoverd yet from your cruise???? Thanks for the help on the DQ! That's awesome and thanks so much! I will be getting up with you later on!

DisneyQuest is amazing, we hit it every time we go. We still haven't been to either waterpark but we're planning on going to Typhoon Lagoon this trip. I think I might have to track down some of those balloons myself, they sound perfect for surprises! Somehow, I have this crazy feeling that Jon won't be terribly upset at missing out on beach time. :rotfl:

Hey Shir Kahn! I have started reading your reports......can I hire you as a photographer???? LOL! I hope we run into you when we are down there!

I know we are gonna hit DQ...just don't know when yet...we will see!

I have 25 of those balloons....I got them off of Ebay really cheap!

Oh yes, Jon will be happy that he is not going to the beach....I can't wait to see how he reacts!

So, how's the secret holding out? Cracking yet? :rotfl: It's getting so close for both our trips, can't wait! I keep staring at the calendar! :cloud9:

Awww you're staying at our favorite place.

Last year I got two nights at the Lodge and did a reverse proposal with Kari. I talked with one of the managers there, and he arranged for us to be on the rooftop during Wishes. Of course, they don't normal go to the rooftop at night, so I didn't know how much time to have to get up there, and well we ended up there like 5 mins before hand.
And all our friends we were walked up before we got there. I took her out to watch the electric water pagent at 9:35 and then as we were walking through the lobby we were "stopped and asked if we would like a magical surprise". After the fireworks, and watching the EWP again that was in front of the contemp, we got to sit and relax on the 7th floor. And the manager that helped me provided two amazing cakes, one chocolate, one white adn two bottle of sparkling cider (since I told him kari didn't drink). And a good friend also brought a bottle of mt dew.
I managed to slip two grand under her nose for the whole thing. (1600 on two rings). And it was in the planning for like 4 months. And the only time she got suspicious was that evening when I told her to change into something nicer and her friend came to meet up with us. (I told her we were going to PI to the adventurer's club since it was closing).

I've got pics... eventually they'll get on my computer.

So, how's the secret holding out? Cracking yet? :rotfl: It's getting so close for both our trips, can't wait! I keep staring at the calendar! :cloud9:

The secret is still holding and it's getting crazy!!!! I came so close to telling him last night. He had a hellicous day and I wanted to just tell him right then, but I kept my mouth shut! Now, we are talking about the "beach trip"...beach this, and beach that. He really thinks we are heading to the coast! He went to old Navy and bought a new hoodie that is made with a light material and showed me and said "I got this for our walks on the beach at night!" He has no clue.....

Im gonna be looking for you guys! I will looking for the lime green!

Awww you're staying at our favorite place.

Last year I got two nights at the Lodge and did a reverse proposal with Kari. I talked with one of the managers there, and he arranged for us to be on the rooftop during Wishes. Of course, they don't normal go to the rooftop at night, so I didn't know how much time to have to get up there, and well we ended up there like 5 mins before hand.
And all our friends we were walked up before we got there. I took her out to watch the electric water pagent at 9:35 and then as we were walking through the lobby we were "stopped and asked if we would like a magical surprise". After the fireworks, and watching the EWP again that was in front of the contemp, we got to sit and relax on the 7th floor. And the manager that helped me provided two amazing cakes, one chocolate, one white adn two bottle of sparkling cider (since I told him kari didn't drink). And a good friend also brought a bottle of mt dew.
I managed to slip two grand under her nose for the whole thing. (1600 on two rings). And it was in the planning for like 4 months. And the only time she got suspicious was that evening when I told her to change into something nicer and her friend came to meet up with us. (I told her we were going to PI to the adventurer's club since it was closing).

I've got pics... eventually they'll get on my computer.

Hey there Sandra! What a cool story! And I would love to see the pics if you ever get them up! How cool to be on the roof! And speaking of cake, I have to order Jon's cake. I have been studying the cake thread and trying to figure out what I can do. I have to call the "cake hotline" soon. I hoping they can do a Jack Skellington cake......Thanks for sharing your story!!!!!

3 trips in one year? Wow...

Im lucky and thankful! I know we will upgrading our tickets to APs before we depart from this bday trip.......and we are already talking about our winter trip. We are planning to take our nephews or either Jon's family. Not sure yet! I just want July 7th to hurry and get here!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter