Anyone waiting for 2010???

B/c Feb 2010 seems so far away, I have been focusing on when in 2009 I can book the trip. That's less than a year away from when I can book it! We are really hoping to get a room at CR. We tried back in 2006 & it was fully booked. That was booking 6 mos in advance. This time I hope to book at least 10 mos in advance.

OOps almost forgot... DH and I will also be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary while we are there. I would love to renew our vows there, but I don't think there is any way we could come up with the $ for that, so we will maybe just stay a night or two in a deluxe resort. You never know.

Oooohhh, You need to order one of those pretty miniature wedding/anniversary Mickey head cakes. I think they have 2 tiers with little silver Mickey heads all over it. They're beautiful :love:

I was wondering where everyone was on here. I've been having serious DW withdrawals here since getting back Memorial day week. I need to get myself a ticker too! :thumbsup2[/QUOTE]

That's a neat idea. Never thought of that. Our anniversary is later in that year, but we are going to celebrate early at Disney. The funny thing is... everyone says.. what is your dream vacation for your 25th anniversary and we both say.... Mickey Mouse and Disney World. People think we are nuts. :lmao: But.. they are the ones who are missing out!

We are fortunate that we get to go for a few days in 2009, but it is going to be so rushed that the real trip is the 2010 trip. DD is marching at MK in 2009 and DH and myself are planning on driving the 16 hour drive to stay for 3 nights and then come back home. I am excited about that, but like I say... we will be about to stay 8-10 days in 2010 so I can't wait for that.

We'll also be there around our Anniversary. We're celebrating our 10 year there this year. So I guess that means we'll be getting to celebrater our 12th there too. Plus my neice will be celebrating her 8th b-day. It will be the first trip for my sister and neice and I can hardly wait to show them around.

We are planning to spend our youngest daughters 8th birthday there from February 3-10, we may extend the vacation even longer and venture out to the Universal Studios and SeaWorld if we can spread it to a 2 week trip.

Can't wait to go back and stay at POP Century (our favorite!), see Wishes and have some chocolate covered carmel corn from Goofy's Candy Shop!

Is it time to go yet?!?!?;)

I wish it were time to go! ::yes::

I'm pretty sure that we'll go back again around Memorial Day of 2010 and will more than likely be staying a Pop again. I would love to stay at CB or CS resorts but it may come down to either staying at a mod or staying longer (6 days vs. 12) which I will always choose to stay longer!

Shhhh, I am looking forward to checking out the new Harry Potter area at Universal. We love Harry Potter :stir:

My best friend and her family went with us to WDW this year and on our last night she turned 6. She ordered her a birthday cake at Chef Mickey's and it was perfect! She had the best time. :thumbsup2

I want to go in Nov. or Dec. 2010. Last time we went, seems like forever, we went the last week of November, before the Pop Warner's came. It was nice weather, and not crowded. I have been doing research and that time of the year seems to be getting busy now. Any suggestions? I can only go in the winter months Nov - March 15.

I want to go in Nov. or Dec. 2010. Last time we went, seems like forever, we went the last week of November, before the Pop Warner's came. It was nice weather, and not crowded. I have been doing research and that time of the year seems to be getting busy now. Any suggestions? I can only go in the winter months Nov - March 15.

I would say to just stick with the Nov/December time frame- even if people are getting wiser to going during slower times, even that will seem tame compared to the crazy summer months! Plus, what a great time to see the decorations and get into the spirit, Disney-style!:santa:

Glad to see some more ppl planning as early as me :rolleyes1 I wish time would go faster- we've planning on going in may/june so i believe we can book around this time next yr- then the excitement will really start :goodvibes

Anyone heard any rumours of anything new for 2010?

Glad to see some more ppl planning as early as me :rolleyes1 I wish time would go faster- we've planning on going in may/june so i believe we can book around this time next yr- then the excitement will really start :goodvibes

Anyone heard any rumours of anything new for 2010?

I haven't heard anything.... I'm keeping my eyes and ears open though. We're thinking of doing a split stay in 2010. We did POP in May and loved it but we'd really like to try a moderate or deluxe. I don't know much about codes but I'm going to keep my fingers crossed to get a code for a deluxe in May. Does anyone know if that's ever happened??? How common/uncommon is it to get a code or find a discounted rate for a deluxe in May :confused3
I have never gotten one of those cards or emails with a pin code. Our first on site stay was this year so I'm hoping that's the key... Until then, waiting............. :worried:

I haven't heard anything.... I'm keeping my eyes and ears open though. We're thinking of doing a split stay in 2010. We did POP in May and loved it but we'd really like to try a moderate or deluxe. I don't know much about codes but I'm going to keep my fingers crossed to get a code for a deluxe in May. Does anyone know if that's ever happened??? How common/uncommon is it to get a code or find a discounted rate for a deluxe in May :confused3
I have never gotten one of those cards or emails with a pin code. Our first on site stay was this year so I'm hoping that's the key... Until then, waiting............. :worried:

That sounds good, which deluxe are you thinking about?
We plan to stay at CSR- my bf really likes the look of it, so i thought we'd go with that. I would love to stay AKL tho, it would be :cloud9: i've tried to convince my bf that maybe spending the last few nights at AKL would be nice but he's unsure about the hassle of swaping but i'm still hoping ;)

That sounds good, which deluxe are you thinking about?
We plan to stay at CSR- my bf really likes the look of it, so i thought we'd go with that. I would love to stay AKL tho, it would be :cloud9: i've tried to convince my bf that maybe spending the last few nights at AKL would be nice but he's unsure about the hassle of swaping but i'm still hoping ;)

Hey :wave2:

Looks like we have the same idea!
DD6 really wants to stay at AKL with a savannah view but I really like the looks of the pools at CSR and CBR (DD and DH LOVE the pool!!) I like going to the pool but I'd really rather spend most of my time at the parks.

:rolleyes1 I'm just going to hang in there for the next year:rolleyes1
But, May 2009.......... I am going to start some serious planning !!!
This year will go by fast, right ?......................
And, then I will ONLY have a year to go !:thumbsup2
I just set up my ticker tonight, my poor castle has
such a loooooong way to go......:sad2:

Hey :wave2:

Looks like we have the same idea!
DD6 really wants to stay at AKL with a savannah view but I really like the looks of the pools at CSR and CBR (DD and DH LOVE the pool!!) I like going to the pool but I'd really rather spend most of my time at the parks.

Yeh i would love :cloud9: a Savannah view but i think the price will have the deciding vote for us :rolleyes: oh well just mean i have to go back :rotfl:

:rolleyes1 I'm just going to hang in there for the next year:rolleyes1
But, May 2009.......... I am going to start some serious planning !!!
This year will go by fast, right ?......................
And, then I will ONLY have a year to go !:thumbsup2
I just set up my ticker tonight, my poor castle has
such a loooooong way to go......:sad2:

I know, its soo hard to not start looking at stuff and plan. I think i have calmed down abit now tho, the first few weeks after we decided we would go i went abit WDW mad :lmao: I cant wait until next yr to book then it will feel real ;)

Yeh i would love :cloud9: a Savannah view but i think the price will have the deciding vote for us :rolleyes: oh well just mean i have to go back :rotfl:

I know, its soo hard to not start looking at stuff and plan. I think i have calmed down abit now tho, the first few weeks after we decided we would go i went abit WDW mad :lmao: I cant wait until next yr to book then it will feel real ;)

I know what you mean Tigger, the price is an issue for us too. I think really the only way we could do AKL is with a code, keeping my fingers crossed on that one ;)

It is soooo hard not to start planning! We're supposed to go to the beach next summer and I really have no desire to plan that trip, if it were up to me we'd go to Disney every year. DH thinks WDW is "ok", :confused3
Hellooo...... didn't he get the message??? Happiest place on earth!! :lmao:
DD6 is becoming just as Disney obsessed as I am, her 7th birthday is next month and she just asked me yesterday if we could go to Disney World for her birthday. She was not thrilled when I explained to her that we just got back and can't go back for a while :mad:
She also wanted to go back when she realized that we had forgotten to get some ears when we went in May... we live 12 hours away!! :rotfl:

I may be tempted to plan a long weekend trip next year over her birthday though, if they are still having free dining next year :thumbsup2 We'll have to wait and see.

DH thinks WDW is "ok", :confused3
Hellooo...... didn't he get the message??? Happiest place on earth!!

"OK" :rotfl: Its not just ok - its amazing!!! Its a shame he doesnt get it lol Gosh i wish i could do a long weekend in WDW :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter