AP Discounts DVC

Cfabar1

DIS Veteran
So I was on the DVC Annual Pass section of the website... Here is what it mentions:

In addition, eligible Disney Vacation Club Members receive a discount on the purchase of a Disney Sorcerer Pass (when available).

and

In addition, eligible Disney Vacation Club Members receive a discount on the purchase of a Magic Key pass (when available).

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/tickets-tours/pass-programs

How do we access these discounts? What is the discount percentage?

I thought discounts were removed for DVC, maybe that is no longer the case???

Can I upgrade to the sorcerer and get the DVC discount?

I'll start, and let other people add better info:

When I wanted to buy an Annual Pass online, I had to log into my Disney account first in order to be able to see the pass option(s) which were available only for DVC people. If I didn't log in, I wouldn't see that pass option.

So if I look today:
Without logging in, the only purchase option I see is the Incredi-Pass at $1,449
But if I log in, I see the Incredi-Pass at the same price and the Sorcerer Pass at $999.

You can only buy the Sorcerer Pass if you are eligible DVC or a Florida resident.

(I am DVC and eligible for everything because I bought so long ago I am grandfathered in.)

The Magic Key thing is for Disney Land in California, so I don't know anything about that.

Last edited:
The "regular" price for sorcerer is $999, that isn't an additional savings for DVC members online at least.

I've always had to call DVC to renew my AP. I just renewed my sorcerer pass and I think I paid 799 each.

I wonder of that’s new language. Perhaps they are finally bringing back the discounts they had prior to Covid (currently none at Disneyland just renewed and asked). For Disneyland it was $20 but Disney world it was quite a bit more savings I think around 220 but that was for the Platinum and gold was the same price as Florida Resident.

I've always had to call DVC to renew my AP. I just renewed my sorcerer pass and I think I paid 799 each.
I believe that is a standard renewal discount available to all pass holders when they renew.

Once again, that would not be consistent with the language on the website, which references a unique discount to DVC members for purchasing (not renewing) a pass.

I wonder of that’s new language. Perhaps they are finally bringing back the discounts they had prior to Covid (currently none at Disneyland just renewed and asked). For Disneyland it was $20 but Disney world it was quite a bit more savings I think around 220 but that was for the Platinum and gold was the same price as Florida Resident.
This would be very interesting if that is the case.

IMO, it's just poorly worded. AFAIK, there are no discounts on the Sorcerers pass, and never have been (unless you consider the renewal price a discount). The price is what it is for those eligible to purchase it.

I suppose the author thinks the Sorcerers pass is a discount from the Incredipass, but they are two distinct products. Poorly worded!

I thought the sorcerer pass had to be purchased from DVC member service, so they could verify the membership, than transfer you to ticketing

Has that changed recently

I thought the sorcerer pass had to be purchased from DVC member service, so they could verify the membership, than transfer you to ticketing

When I renewed in November, MS was able to complete the entire transaction including verification of membership eligibility and payment. No need to be transferred to ticketing.

When I renewed in November, MS was able to complete the entire transaction including verification of membership eligibility and payment. No need to be transferred to ticketing.
Mmm I renewed one in November, I can remember if they did it without the transfer

I agree that this is just a poorly worded message and that the discount is that the Sorcerer Pass costs less than the Incredi Pass, even though it is a different product.

No idea aobut the Magic Pass

The initial purchase can be made on the WDW website (not the MDE app), as long as you are logged on to the website using a log in ID eligible for Membership Extras, and anyone you assign a new pass to has the same mailing address as the member (or is also a member). Occasionally, when you click on the Tickets & Passes page, you might have to re-enter your credentials (I'm guessing it's a security measure in true Disney IT fashion), but the Sorcerer Pass will show up.

To renew, you do have to go through MS.

I renewed with DVC in December. They did everything on the phone and linked it to my account.

They also told me that we don't have to go to ticketing on arrival to verify. Does anyone know if this is true? She said that was something new.

I renewed with DVC in December. They did everything on the phone and linked it to my account.

They also told me that we don't have to go to ticketing on arrival to verify. Does anyone know if this is true? She said that was something new.
No need to go to ticketing to enter parks or for discounts, as the cashiers ask for the digital version stored in the app. We went to ticketing to get a 'hard' ticket and were told our 50th Anniversary tickets would suffice. I hope that is true but so far I haven't needed the hard ticket.

I was told the same but being a skeptic, I went to GS on my first park day in December. They looked up my account and told me I was good to go, so I definitely think I could have just scanned in.

It's true. We renewed our AP's in August and had no issues scanning into the parks during our December trip - no need for a trip to GS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter