AP Discounts DVC

No need to go to ticketing to enter parks or for discounts, as the cashiers ask for the digital version stored in the app. We went to ticketing to get a 'hard' ticket and were told our 50th Anniversary tickets would suffice. I hope that is true but so far I haven't needed the hard ticket.
They weren’t making anyone pick up a hard ticket, they were making DVC members who were renewing an AP go to guest services to show a picture ID showing they were who they were, and that their home address matched the address associated with the membership (if they were a family member and not on the membership as an owner).

Last edited:
They weren’t making anyone pick up a hard ticket, they were making DVC members who were renewing an AP go to guest services to show a picture ID showing they were who they were, and that their home address matched the address associated with the membership (if they were a family member and not on the membership as an owner). There were a number of members who didn’t straight to the tap stiles and found their Magic Bands didn’t work because the renewal AP’s weren’t activated.
Yes, we had to do that in the past but not this last time - straight to the parks, no stop at ticketing needed.

That’s great news. Was a pain the other way.
Especially since in '22 DH left his wallet in the room safe so we had to go back to the room to retrieve his ID proving his identity. I wonder if the facial recognition technology has something to do with why this is no longer needed.

Here's my thread from last year about whether you can just go straight to the park with an AP, without needing to stop at Guest Services:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/ap-activation-needed.3932501/#post-65151599
Right, but that post was about a new AP ("10/28/2023 was the first time I used my AP"), not a renewal. Back in late 2022 and early 2023, there was some confusion about activating new AP's, as some people were having to go to GS to activate even their brand new AP, while others were able to simply tap in. That issue seems to be resolved.

Post #16 mentioned renewing their AP and hoping to not have to go to GS to activate it. Unlike new AP's. no matter what, if you were renewing an AP purchased as a DVC member, you had to go to GS to verify your ID and eligibility to hold the Sorcerer AP. They would not renew it and activate it online or over the phone. It looks like that has changed as well.

I'll start, and let other people add better info:

When I wanted to buy an Annual Pass online, I had to log into my Disney account first in order to be able to see the pass option(s) which were available only for DVC people. If I didn't log in, I wouldn't see that pass option.

So if I look today:
Without logging in, the only purchase option I see is the Incredi-Pass at $1,449
But if I log in, I see the Incredi-Pass at the same price and the Sorcerer Pass at $999.

You can only buy the Sorcerer Pass if you are eligible DVC or a Florida resident.

(I am DVC and eligible for everything because I bought so long ago I am grandfathered in.)

The Magic Key thing is for Disney Land in California, so I don't know anything about that.
Without logging in you won’t see the Sorcerers pass

Without logging in you won’t see the Sorcerers pass
Plus, even if you do log in to the WDW website, when you go to click on Annual Passes, you sometimes have to re-enter your log in info (even though it says you're logged in, and there is no prompt). Thanks Disney IT...

So I was on the DVC Annual Pass section of the website... Here is what it mentions:

In addition, eligible Disney Vacation Club Members receive a discount on the purchase of a Disney Sorcerer Pass (when available).

and

In addition, eligible Disney Vacation Club Members receive a discount on the purchase of a Magic Key pass (when available).

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/tickets-tours/pass-programs

How do we access these discounts? What is the discount percentage?

I thought discounts were removed for DVC, maybe that is no longer the case???

Can I upgrade to the sorcerer and get the DVC discount?
**edit for spelling*** I just saw this too. We were lucky enough to get Enchant Keys during the last on sale, but I had no idea about a DVC discount. I wonder if there is actually a discount for Magic Keys and if we could get it applied retroactively.

**edit for spelling*** I just saw this too. We were lucky enough to get Enchant Keys during the last on sale, but I had no idea about a DVC discount. I wonder if there is actually a discount for Magic Keys and if we could get it applied retroactively.
I think the website is just wrong...

To get the measly $20 discount on a Magic Key, you need to renew/purchase in person at DLR. We’re local and like to make a hefty deposit with discount gift cards, so we take advantage of the $20 per family member.

To get the measly $20 discount on a Magic Key, you need to renew/purchase in person at DLR. We’re local and like to make a hefty deposit with discount gift cards, so we take advantage of the $20 per family member.
Thanks for the information. We’re in UT, so it wouldn’t have been worth it to go in person for $20 for the initial purchase. I bet we can time renewal to be in person, however.

I wonder if they have now corrected the wording.

After logging in again on the WDW site, I now see "Special products and prices may be available for Florida Residents. Update Profile".

It then shows the Incredi-Pass and the Sorcerer Pass with the normal prices.

Ironically it states the Sorcerer Pass can only be purchased by those qualifying for membership extras which we all know but I'm just pointing it out as the pass page only showed the incredipass until I logged in again.

Why do they bother with the fine print if they don't even show the pass to those who are not eligible? :confused3

I've always had to call DVC to renew my AP. I just renewed my sorcerer pass and I think I paid 799 each.
See below, it’s more
When I renewed in November, MS was able to complete the entire transaction including verification of membership eligibility and payment. No need to be transferred to ticketing.
it appeared in my MDE last week at least 6 hours after paying for it thru MS
I just renewed my wife's on Friday and it was $904.19 after taxes.
Yep, photopass brought mine to just shy of $1,000.

It’s a big enough number for many who remember the pricing in the golden years. talked to my DiL and heard the cost of an april 4 day PH thru UT ($720+) o_O

sure makes it again sound to be a very good value for my family and our many trips to WDW each year.

For those of you with success in bypassing ticketing…last week I used my app ticket that I renewed in September and have used since then, and was told I am not permitted to use it to scan in and would have to get a hard ticket. I questioned the gal and she insisted. :-(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter