• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Some of us don't have extra money in our accounts. This is completely unacceptable, I'm so upset, no scrambling to find the $300 i need to cover for the bills i have to pay this weekend
I’m sorry this happened to you as well. I hope WDW plan to eat the fees their glitch caused. I would call my bank and ask for a temporary credit until it’s resolved. This is absolutely ridiculous. Just like WDW had no issues blaming us for the PPR fiasco, they should have no issues accepting USER error for theirs. Add in a major holiday and someone’s weekend just turned into a nightmare on main street....

That's awful. Hope folks don't incur overdraft fees, or plan anything fun this holiday weekend.
The 7-10 days is your banks policy. Disney processes the refund but your financial institution has policies that hold the electronic credit till it actually clears their clearing house so while we are right to be angry with Disney for this glitch be angry at your bank for taking their sweet time processing a return too

I was charged initially for my AP magic bands. It said pending and then never came out. I got them today and now the charge has been reapplied . Hopefully it will just be pending for everyone and not actually come out. I got hit today with the AP payment on three passes. I am sorry everyone is dealing with this stress on a 4th weekend.

Some of us don't have extra money in our accounts. This is completely unacceptable, I'm so upset, no scrambling to find the $300 i need to cover for the bills i have to pay this weekend
I am so sorry- it definitely makes for a stressful time.

The 7-10 days is your banks policy. Disney processes the refund but your financial institution has policies that hold the electronic credit till it actually clears their clearing house so while we are right to be angry with Disney for this glitch be angry at your bank for taking their sweet time processing a return too

That's awful. Hope folks don't incur overdraft fees, or plan anything fun this holiday weekend.

Actually, you SHOULDN'T get mad at the people at your local bank branches for following the rules and policy that they HAVE to follow. I can’t tell you how many names ive been called or how many times I have been screamed at for things I have NO control over. It’s not fun, I can tell you that, to deal with angry people screaming at you for something you didn’t do and something you would LOVE to fix if you could.
For anyone that does get charged OD fees, definitely talk to your local branch and ask for a fee waiver and why. most will gladly reimburse that.

Actually, you SHOULDN'T get mad at the people at your local bank branches for following the rules and policy that they HAVE to follow. I can’t tell you how many names ive been called or how many times I have been screamed at for things I have NO control over. It’s not fun, I can tell you that, to deal with angry people screaming at you for something you didn’t do and something you would LOVE to fix if you could.
For anyone that does get charged OD fees, definitely talk to your local branch and ask for a fee waiver and why. most will gladly reimburse that.
When I said be angry at your bank I’m speaking be angry at the policy maker not the local branch employee. This isn’t just a Disney issue. Anytime you make a return to a credit or debit card it can take up to 10 days for a refund to show. My partner works for a rental company and people always complain because they place a $200 hold on your card and return it when the car is back... they release the money right away but the bank takes their sweet time returning it

Just like when we say be angry at Disney it’s not the person on the phone who made that mistake.

Last edited:
When I said be angry at your bank I’m speaking be angry at the policy maker not the local branch employee. Just like when we say be angry at Disney it’s not the person on the phone who made that mistake.

Disney knows these bank policies as per the email. But they still caused folks to be out of money for the weekend or longer, and likely many overdrafts.

Wonder if any larger families got hit for well over $1,000.

Disney knows these bank policies as per the email. But they still caused folks to be out of money for the weekend or longer, and likely many overdrafts.

Wonder if any larger families got hit for well over $1,000.
I’m one of those larger families hit for over 1k. So guess what? there goes my mortgage money. Thanks again Disney. What will they do for an encore ?

I’m one of those larger families hit for over 1k. So guess what? there goes my mortgage money. Thanks again Disney. What will they do for an encore ?
I'm sure they'll do something, perhaps re-theme a ride that's beloved by all to account for recent new developments.

And by that I mean including the plot of Frozen 2 into Maelstrom 2.0

Isn't this special. I was trying to wait out Disney pulling their heads from their rectum and thought they might be starting to getting their act together. At this rate I'll never get my AP extended and get to go back to the parks/

If you don’t have an extra 300 dollars... why are you buying something like Disney passes?
not that I need to explain personal decisions to anyone, my pass costs me $50 a month, It was paid for by the time the parks closed and my payment date is the 15 of each month. What Disney did was inexcusable, not only the huge error to charge 4 months worth of aps but also do it on a date that wasn't your convened date when you bought the ticket.

Last edited:
We paid in full for our FL AP's this past March.

I called last week and the AP phone CM informed me there would be 4 options (including a "full refund"). I informed the CM that I called a couple of months earlier and requested the "partial refund" as that was one of only 2 options at that time. The phone CM absolutely informed me that there would be an e-mail sent to me in early July outlining these 4 options and the path forward for a/the selection. The CM told me that I do not need to make a selection at this time (maybe based on my scenario).

I am waiting with bated breath and will be calling next Monday if I don't get the e-mail by then.

Will Disney offer full refunds on unactivated APs?

It makes no sense for someone to come on this board and be rude to people directly impacted . I imagine a great many of us were surprised by the charges, large families especially. As far as Friday news drops, that was a doozy even by Disney standards.
Offering financial advice isn’t being rude. If 300 is a crushing blow to someone’s finances they shouldn’t be touching Disney. But to each their own. Good luck with that financial planning - and don’t worry, enough people will report for hurt feelings and it’ll be removed in no time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter