AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

So they are saying that there is a $ amount associated for each day for 10 days? And that value is being deducted from the remaining 8 months on your AP? Just looking for edification.
Yes, some other people (not me) have reported getting partial refunds that reflect the days they used the pass prior to closing being deducted from what they received. I came here to ask if anyone here heard this because it didn’t make sense to me. (Using my situation) Now I see people here are starting to receive their refunds so maybe I’ll have my answer. I have spent too much time on FB arguing that it didn’t make sense they could do that🤗

God I hope they don't refund to the GC used at time of purchase....those disappear after use for me.

Luckily I still had the pile of empty gift cards & the receipt for our APs. So I was able to find the gift cards I used. My MDE still shows the extended dates. I don’t feel like checking gift cards daily to see if the balance increases. This whole thing is so annoying.

Wow, you are the first person I have seen reporting this. Does your AP on the website reflect your original expiration date?
Yes, I still have my original expiration date in August. I made sure to keep that when I requested the refund since we are getting in one last trip

If I purchased 3 APs in January and used them for 6 days, the credit back should be for the price I paid minus what a 6 day park hopper would have cost for those dates? Is that how it is being calculated?

I sure hope not.
Because you didn’t purchase a 6 day park hopper.
You purchased an annual pass for 365 days admission.
It should be basic math for determining cancellation refund.
Number of days remaining on your pass from March 16 to original expiration date, divided by 365 days, times cost you paid for AP.
Bingo that’s your refund.

Yep, that's what I thought they would do for the partial refund. Now the cancel AP option is the one I'm really interested in.

It would have been nice for Disney to give us ALL our options before they start processing these things. I had picked the partial refund option, intending to renew our APs that will expire in December. We used them for 8 days then. Now it doesn’t look like we’ll get even our September trip in, (Florida & NY quarantine orders are making it look highly unlikely) so a refund of the unused portion might have been a better option. But I already requested the partial refund, so I guess I’m stuck.

One other thing I have an issue with is how the park reservations are related to AP expirations. My AP expires at the beginning of April with the extension, or the beginning of December without it. I moved our July trip to mid April next year. I can’t make park reservations because our APs won’t be valid then. So I either have to wait until I renew (risking not getting parks we want) or buy new tickets for that trip. The extra month that will supposedly be added in October would have covered this trip, but, again, I am stuck with a decision I made before all options were known.

It should be basic math for determining cancellation refund.
Number of days remaining on your pass from March 16 to original expiration date, divided by 365 days, times cost you paid for AP.
Bingo that’s your refund.

Our APs were a renewal at the old rate. Will they use the current renewal rate of find what actually paid & use that?

I finally got my partial refund!:cheer2::banana::cheer2: It appears on the credit card statement as "EPCOT customer service" and each AP gets refunded as a separate item. I have not yet received the refund on the AP I bought using the gift card, though (I still have it so I was able to check)
Did they give you any email or phone notice? Or did you just see the credit appear?

They use what you originally paid. We had 2 different kinds of AP and it looks like they calculated each individually based on what was actually paid.

Thanks! One more question, when did make you the refund request? Soon after the option was announced or just recently? Thanks again!

edit, sorry, another question... had the extended date ever show up, in your MDE, or only your original date?

It would have been nice for Disney to give us ALL our options before they start processing these things. I had picked the partial refund option, intending to renew our APs that will expire in December. We used them for 8 days then. Now it doesn’t look like we’ll get even our September trip in, (Florida & NY quarantine orders are making it look highly unlikely) so a refund of the unused portion might have been a better option. But I already requested the partial refund, so I guess I’m stuck.

One other thing I have an issue with is how the park reservations are related to AP expirations. My AP expires at the beginning of April with the extension, or the beginning of December without it. I moved our July trip to mid April next year. I can’t make park reservations because our APs won’t be valid then. So I either have to wait until I renew (risking not getting parks we want) or buy new tickets for that trip. The extra month that will supposedly be added in October would have covered this trip, but, again, I am stuck with a decision I made before all options were known.

I requested refunds for two AP scenarios. For one, expiring in May, I just requested the partial refund since there was no way we would be going in the following couple of months.

For my elderly relatives, who will probably not go again even with the extra month, I requested a full refund. This was not an option at the time, but I did ask and the CM said that they would review those requests on a case by case basis, "if it was requested" (they did not offer, I had to ask).

If I were you, I would call again and have them make the notation for 'full refund requested' and give a reason.

My first refund was requested in early May, the second request, in late May, iirc.

Thanks! One more question, when did make you the refund request? Soon after the option was announced or just recently? Thanks again!

edit, sorry, another question... had the extended date ever show up, in your MDE, or only your original date?
Question 1: I requested the refund about 2 weeks after the option was announced after 'making sure' it would not affect my original expiration date (LOL I know)
Question 2: I was pleasantly surprised to see that my original date never changed in MDE

I requested refunds for two AP scenarios. For one, expiring in May, I just requested the partial refund since there was no way we would be going in the following couple of months.

For my elderly relatives, who will probably not go again even with the extra month, I requested a full refund. This was not an option at the time, but I did ask and the CM said that they would review those requests on a case by case basis, "if it was requested" (they did not offer, I had to ask).

If I were you, I would call again and have them make the notation for 'full refund requested' and give a reason.

My first refund was requested in early May, the second request, in late May, iirc.

That's awesome that you got the partial refund! Are you in the tri-state area by any chance? I'm asking because I'm from NJ and since DeSantis extended the quarantine past the time of my pass expiration. I'm wondering how Disney or if Disney will take that into account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter