AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

exactly. I remember the days when we actually got great perks for being an AP.
A conversation with VP of parades and spectaculars Steve Davison where he talked about creating Wishes and then watching Wishes with him
Conversation with Joe Rhode about the creation of AK
Behind the scenes look at the Gorilla houses behind Conservation Station with talk about how they care for them
Meet and greet and conversation with Gonzo and pupeteer David Charles Goelz after watching Muppets Most Wanted backstage at DHS
AP night at AK where I met Mowgli and rode EE 7 times in a row (do not recommend it)
Many first screenings of movies
and many many more, it all started to go down with the advent of D23.
The only reason I still keep my ap is that for me it makes financial sense as in I still get a lot of use out of it since I can visit so often.

I do hope you get to go back soon.

Last edited:
For resort guests, it's "up to" 14 days that may be reserved. For annual passholders, it's 3 days.
Not to pick nits but keep in mind that if an AP holder had a confirmed reservation prior to closure, they were able to book park days for length of stay....they weren't limited to 3 days.
I do like your train of thought. Thank you!

I don't agree.

I'm an attorney, and while I'm not a contracts attorney, I do negotiate terms and conditions from time to time.

Without getting into the technical weeds of the matter, the terms and conditions do account for park closures. I suppose, technically, if they wanted to push the issue, they could argue that extending the passes by the amount of time Disney Parks were closed (minus any days expired for those whose APs expired during the closure) resolves the issue of the 117 day closure. I think if they chose not to do this, they would lose in litigation and be pummeled in the media.

The real crux of the issue now is to determine whether their terms and conditions covers them for the park reservation period, which starts July 11 with no end date in sight. Our argument is that we are unable to enjoy the benefit of the bargain, which is to access any park we desire, at any time, along with a wealth of Disney "benefits" that come with it (photopass, free parking, discount on food and merchandise, etc). Their argument is that the terms and conditions do not guarantee park entry.

There are multiple claims to be made here, and while I don't need to get into all of them, here is where I think they lose. They are treating resort guests differently than annual passholders. For resort guests, it's "up to" 14 days that may be reserved. For annual passholders, it's 3 days. If they were treating everyone the same, Disney would have a stronger argument for the "no guarantee", using COVID-19 and state restrictions as an argument. However, that's not what is happening here. Disney is simply restricting annual passholders of the same benefits and guarantees they are granting resort guests. That, to me, represents a material change of the terms and conditions of the annual pass agreement.

I do sincerely hope Disney Legal (a place I would love to work someday) is advising their client to change course before July 11, and in the least, offer a full prorated refund.

My 2 cents.

I'll defer to your expertise....

However, I maintain my cynical view that the time and effort to push Disney just wont be worth it to many.

Maybe a class action materializes if they decide to just do nothing. That's just a long road and a sad one, at that.

^^3 days is still not enough when you have prepaid in advance for park visits unrestricted. Onsite room or not was NOT a condition listed in my APP rules. Our passes were not supposed to be tied into onsite stays. It was based on the days of park openings. I paid a premium number for an unrestricted pass good for 365 and included park hopping and water parks. Now, none of my premium options are available and I’m still on the hook for it.

^^3 days is still not enough when you have prepaid in advance for park visits unrestricted. Onsite room or not was NOT a condition listed in my APP rules. Our passes were not supposed to be tied into onsite stays. It was based on the days of park openings. I paid a premium number for an unrestricted pass good for 365 and included park hopping and water parks. Now, none of my premium options are available and I’m still on the hook for it.

I know an attorney you can hire.... :D

• Haha
Reactions: cm8
Not only this but I am an out of state AP who can not even book any more reservations during 2020 on site to take 'advantage' of the on-site guest 14 day park reservations. My pass expires in December (Now April?). I am not going to make the trek to Orlando to stay at an offsite hotel just to book 3 park days out of 8 vacation days. This is not why I bought an AP. We go 4-5x a year and stay a week each time.

This is unacceptable regardless of my feelings if the park is 'safe' enough to take my children and not even taking into account limited experiences if I am "getting my money's worth."

Not only this but I am an out of state AP who can not even book any more reservations during 2020 on site to take 'advantage' of the on-site guest 14 day park reservations. My pass expires in December (Now April?). I am not going to make the trek to Orlando to stay at an offsite hotel just to book 3 park days out of 8 vacation days. This is not why I bought an AP. We go 4-5x a year and stay a week each time.

This is unacceptable regardless of my feelings if the park is 'safe' enough to take my children and not even taking into account limited experiences if I am "getting my money's worth."
I'm with you, 100% of your post is my situation. 993 miles from parks. I stay off site. We go 4-5x a year. My passes also expire in December (now April?). How can you sincerely plan a trip with only 3 days guaranteed, notwithstanding the perks taken away? This is all great argument and I would love to be the lead plaintiff of the class action litigation, although that would officially sunset my dream of ever working for Disney Legal.

Should we be documenting the days that park reservations are not available?

Wondering if that will come back to bite us if we don't.

When I say, I couldn't even book these days to use my AP, and they say, "Prove it".

Is the onus on me?

Reactions: cm8
I really like that idea... I believe we can print Disney’s own statement of events to support the facts...

No argument at all. We're in the same boat...we expect at least 2 visits a year to make us feel like we've spent good money on AP's. Clearly, this year we're on the losing end. Hoping against hope that when the dust settles, Disney will make us AP holders whole, in some way.

It does make sense to me. Take the number of days your pass could have been used up until March 16th and deduct it from your expiration date to get a total number of days remaining. I think that's fair.
I didn’t explain myself well. I have 8 months left on my AP after the parks closed in March. I canceled my pass and expected the 8 months to be returned. What I’m questioning is people telling me that since I used the pass for 10 days total before park closing Disney is going to deduct those 10 days from my refund. In turn making the refund almost nothing. If I had used it more days the refund would be nothing because I got “my money’s worth”

I finally got my partial refund!:cheer2::banana::cheer2: It appears on the credit card statement as "EPCOT customer service" and each AP gets refunded as a separate item. I have not yet received the refund on the AP I bought using the gift card, though (I still have it so I was able to check)

I finally got my partial refund!:cheer2::banana::cheer2: It appears on the credit card statement as "EPCOT customer service" and each AP gets refunded as a separate item. I have not yet received the refund on the AP I bought using the gift card, though (I still have it so I was able to check)

Can you share how it was calculated? No need to give $ numbers.

I didn’t explain myself well. I have 8 months left on my AP after the parks closed in March. I canceled my pass and expected the 8 months to be returned. What I’m questioning is people telling me that since I used the pass for 10 days total before park closing Disney is going to deduct those 10 days from my refund. In turn making the refund almost nothing. If I had used it more days the refund would be nothing because I got “my money’s worth”
I appreciate the angle there; but again, I do not believe that would apply. Again, this is not a case where you purchased a one day pass, a 10-day pass. You purchased an annual pass. I mean, "annual" is in the name of the pass. As such, 365 days would apply here. You had the benefit for x amount of 365 days.

Should we be documenting the days that park reservations are not available?

Wondering if that will come back to bite us if we don't.

When I say, I couldn't even book these days to use my AP, and they say, "Prove it".

Is the onus on me?
Speaking to you as someone in the same boat, and not an attorney, yes, I would. Screenshot every day, starting July 11, that you are blocked out from reserving the parks that day. I don't think it would hurt. However, the real snag here isn't day of, it's the 3 days in advance only, which limits your ability to use the pass, and creates unintended risk for the consumer trying to plan a Disney vacation.

That's the problem. If I want to plan a trip to Disney for August 1-10, well, August 1, 2 and 3 might be okay, but August 4? Will I get in a park? Won't I? Is that the type of risk that YOU bargained for when buying the annual pass? A resort guest doesn't have that risk.

So they are saying that there is a $ amount associated for each day for 10 days? And that value is being deducted from the remaining 8 months on your AP? Just looking for edification.

Wow, you are the first person I have seen reporting this. Does your AP on the website reflect your original expiration date?

God I hope they don't refund to the GC used at time of purchase....those disappear after use for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter