AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Since this is a question about tickets/passes, I'm going to move it to the Theme Parks Attractions & Strategies board. :)

Wanting to be sure I figured this out correctly:

We activated our APs on November 1, 2019 so our APs would have currently (pre-Covid) expired on October 31, 2020. Now that the parks have been closed for just about a month or so (don't recall exact day), does that mean we will have 1 month added to our APs -- so our current expiration date of October 31, 2020 is now November 30, 2020 instead? And if closure extends through April then our APs expiration will December 31, 2020 instead, and so on, so on?

Your expiration date will remain the same until they announce a reopening date. Once that date is determined, then they will add days to your original expiration date equal to the number of days the parks were closed. So at this point, even though they've been closed a month, your expiration date technically has not changed. But it will once the parks reopen.

Wanting to be sure I figured this out correctly:

We activated our APs on November 1, 2019 so our APs would have currently (pre-Covid) expired on October 31, 2020. Now that the parks have been closed for just about a month or so (don't recall exact day), does that mean we will have 1 month added to our APs -- so our current expiration date of October 31, 2020 is now November 30, 2020 instead? And if closure extends through April then our APs expiration will December 31, 2020 instead, and so on, so on?
Yes, the parks closed March 15th, so from that day forward they will add the number of days total of closure.

For all of us Floridians who pay on our annual passes monthly, has anyone received the promised refunds from Disney yet for the payments they made March 14th through April 4th?

As of this writing my family has not so I thought I would throw it out there to see if anyone else has.

Nope. I called yesterday and the person told me "they haven't told them anything". I asked for "they's" phone number and she was dumb-founded.

My daughter called this afternoon after another website posted an update to call. The CM said that passholders will be getting an email in a few days with your choice of either a prorated refund or extension of expiration date. She asked if the email would say how much the refund would be, but the CM said she didn’t know, or there might be a phone number to call To check on the amount. My daughter is hoping to just buy new AP with the refund to get another year, vs just a couple of months. we have a trip for August and if that doesn’t happen, she doesn’t know when she’ll be able to go again this year.

My daughter called this afternoon after another website posted an update to call. The CM said that passholders will be getting an email in a few days with your choice of either a prorated refund or extension of expiration date. She asked if the email would say how much the refund would be, but the CM said she didn’t know, or there might be a phone number to call To check on the amount. My daughter is hoping to just buy new AP with the refund to get another year, vs just a couple of months. we have a trip for August and if that doesn’t happen, she doesn’t know when she’ll be able to go again this year.
Just got this email. It doesn't answer the questions.

Important Walt Disney World Passholder Update​
Dear Valued Annual Passholder, This is a truly unprecedented time for all of us, and we want to thank you for your patience as we work through the many details related to the temporary closure of the theme parks. We recognize this may be a challenging time, so we wanted to share how we will assist our Annual Passholders. Active Walt Disney World Resort Annual Passes that have been paid in full will be extended for the number of days the parks are closed. The new expiration date will be reflected on the Annual Passholder’s account prior to the reopening of the theme parks. As an alternative, and in lieu of an extension of their passes, Passholders who have paid in full may choose to receive a partial refund for the theme park closure period. To request this alternative option, we ask that you contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. We do anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate your patience as we answer all inquiries. Our Annual Passholders are some of our most loyal guests, and we stand ready to help during this incredibly uncertain time. If you have any questions, please contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. Walt Disney World Resort​

Just got this email. It doesn't answer the questions.

Important Walt Disney World Passholder Update​
Dear Valued Annual Passholder, This is a truly unprecedented time for all of us, and we want to thank you for your patience as we work through the many details related to the temporary closure of the theme parks. We recognize this may be a challenging time, so we wanted to share how we will assist our Annual Passholders. Active Walt Disney World Resort Annual Passes that have been paid in full will be extended for the number of days the parks are closed. The new expiration date will be reflected on the Annual Passholder’s account prior to the reopening of the theme parks. As an alternative, and in lieu of an extension of their passes, Passholders who have paid in full may choose to receive a partial refund for the theme park closure period. To request this alternative option, we ask that you contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. We do anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate your patience as we answer all inquiries. Our Annual Passholders are some of our most loyal guests, and we stand ready to help during this incredibly uncertain time. If you have any questions, please contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. Walt Disney World Resort​
Yea, I got it too. Guess we have to call. She just called yesterday. How hard would it to be to do a online process.

I posted up thread about having 10 weeks left on my AP (had our 8 night trip cancelled due to park closure).
Was wondering if they would refund based on current AP price, or would they base refund on what I paid for my AP voucher several years ago.
Could someone report back if they opt to call in for the refund?
The earliest we could get down to WDW is Nov so not likely going to renew the AP.
Wondering how much of a refund we might get toward our 8 day.

Ugh, why do they keep making us jump through hoops.
They don't want to issue a refund, so much easier to extend your APs by a few weeks.

Anyway, my APs are set to expire tomorrow.
My week-long April trip would have been last week. I wasn't planning to renew. Just go back to yearly spring break visits.
No matter what, I have no interest in extending our passes by a month, I couldn't get another trip organized that quickly....

They don't want to issue a refund, so much easier to extend your APs by a few weeks.

Anyway, my APs are set to expire tomorrow.
My week-long April trip would have been last week. I wasn't planning to renew. Just go back to yearly spring break visits.
No matter what, I have no interest in extending our passes by a month, I couldn't get another trip organized that quickly....

yea, I’m suppose to be on the road today to Hilton head, then a 7 night cruise tomorrow followed by 2 weeks at Bwv. My daughter and granddaughters passes expire June 7 and we doubt even with an extension they won’t be able to salvage a trip now this summer. She’s going for a 3 month refund to apply To a new pass next summer.

Any thoughts as to what “when parks reopen” actually means?

I wonder if just opening one park counts?

We have the monthly Florida payment passes. That’s why when I can get through I personally am taking the option where my expiration stays the same but we only pay for the month that they reopen. I don’t want to pay for months that they consider open but I don’t consider open, if that makes any sense.

Got the e-mail today as well. I'm currently on hold trying to get through. My pass expires today, or yesterday. I managed to get my pass before the first raise in prices, so when I renew I will be getting that initial raise and this one that just came through. So, if an extension means paying my cheaper price a little longer I would take that. However, if I can just get my one month refunded and get the discounted renewal rate for another year when the parks do reopen, I might just end up doing that instead. We'll see what they say whenever I get connected.

Any thoughts as to what “when parks reopen” actually means?

I wonder if just opening one park counts?

We have the monthly Florida payment passes. That’s why when I can get through I personally am taking the option where my expiration stays the same but we only pay for the month that they reopen. I don’t want to pay for months that they consider open but I don’t consider open, if that makes any sense.
I would expect it would mean opening 1 or all of the 4 parks where you can use the AP. But nothing makes total sense right now.

If a pass expires in April can you wait until the park reopens to renew or do you have to renew now?

Just tried to call to get a refund.
No dice.
"We're sorry all circuits are busy now. Will you please try your call again later. This is a recording."

🤪
I kept getting that but got through after 5 or 6 tries. About 10 minutes to get through to the first person who needed to transfer me. Over another hour to get through to someone who could record my choice for getting a refund. There weren't able to tell me how they were going to calculate the refund, how I would receive it, or when I would receive it.

I kept getting that but got through after 5 or 6 tries. About 10 minutes to get through to the first person who needed to transfer me. Over another hour to get through to someone who could record my choice for getting a refund. There weren't able to tell me how they were going to calculate the refund, how I would receive it, or when I would receive it.

thats is horrible. My daughter wants to call, but said she would wait until they get their act together. Ridiculous

If a pass expires in April can you wait until the park reopens to renew or do you have to renew now?
When i called last week (no wait on the phone btw) i asked and they said if i wanted capabilities to book fp i should renew, if not i could easier until the parks reopened dgo they add the months and then my expiration date would obviously change
My pass expires Mary 14th
I chose to pause the payments and just have them add the days they were closed, i haven't renewed yet but will may 14th just to be ankles to book fp

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter