AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Anyone called for a renewal/extension who had an AP expire after the parks closed (meaning it currently reads “expired” on MDE but was valid 3/16 or later)? Very concerning DP on the budget board of someone whose pass expired in Mar after the closure being told by different CMs they won’t be eligible for an extension unless they renew and they had to fight a lot before a supervisor reluctantly agreed they should get 9 days refunded but the person still doesn’t even know if Disney will do that.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/annual-pass-reimbursement-worth-it.3799551/#post-61806936

Last edited:
Ours expired on March 31st. I see no point in calling until we know when the parks reopen. Who knows, I may be able to use those two weeks instead of getting reimbursed.

i have time to make a decision. Did you have to decide before finding out the amount? I’m probably misreading.

yes, our passes are all due to cancel before the parks open or the same time, April 28, June 3, June 7. We’ve canceled our April trip & June trip. Now we have a mid August trip, if we cancel August we are wanting a refund because the next trip will probably be January 2021, so an extension wouldn’t help us. we all have gold passes. If we get at least $100, we could use it on a new pass which starts with a fresh new date for a year. We have a September cruise/trip, but are planning to cancel the cruise by June.

By chance has anyone who has inquired about getting the refund ask exactly how the refund would be issued? Will it go back to the original form of payment? I am assuming that is how it would work.

I ask because I renewed our APs with gift cards. Im not exactly sure which ones I paid for it with, but I may have them maxed out at $1k from our March trip that was cancelled. I would imagine they could issue me a new gift card given the circumstance. If I end up opting for a refund, it would just be used to renew our next years' APs.

I'm estimating my refund as: (Price I paid for my AP renewal / 365) x Days Park is Closed
That should get us close, but it could possibly be a little more if taxes are figured into it.

By chance has anyone who has inquired about getting the refund ask exactly how the refund would be issued? Will it go back to the original form of payment? I am assuming that is how it would work.

I ask because I renewed our APs with gift cards. Im not exactly sure which ones I paid for it with, but I may have them maxed out at $1k from our March trip that was cancelled. I would imagine they could issue me a new gift card given the circumstance. If I end up opting for a refund, it would just be used to renew our next years' APs.

I'm estimating my refund as: (Price I paid for my AP renewal / 365) x Days Park is Closed
That should get us close, but it could possibly be a little more if taxes are figured into it.
I found my original email for my AP purchase and replied (Ticket.Inquiries@disneyworld.com) asking if they could confirm the payment that I used and the last digits of the GC numbers so I could check my pile of $0 cards. The response was "
Should a refund be processed, we will likely provide the funds on a new Disney Gift Card. Should you have questions regarding your Annual Passes, please contact the V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. "

Not definitive by any means but a new GC would be ideal rather than searching old gift cards.

Does anyone know if there is a timeframe/deadline on when we need to decide between the refund or the extension?

My pass expires next week. If the parks remain closed or closed to out-of-staters for months then I may consider the extension, but if they are opening sooner rather than later, then I wouldn’t be able to take advantage of the extension. Everything is so uncertain! I’m losing my mind!

I found my original email for my AP purchase and replied (Ticket.Inquiries@disneyworld.com) asking if they could confirm the payment that I used and the last digits of the GC numbers so I could check my pile of $0 cards. The response was "
Should a refund be processed, we will likely provide the funds on a new Disney Gift Card. Should you have questions regarding your Annual Passes, please contact the V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. "

Not definitive by any means but a new GC would be ideal rather than searching old gift cards.
We bought our AP's using gift cards too and there were LOTS of them. We definitely combined them before purchasing and then when we confirmed they were $0 balance, we tossed them. If getting a refund, it would be easier to get a new gift card.

Last edited:
We bought our AP's using gift cards too and there were LOTS of them. We definitely combined them before purchasing and then when we confirmed they were $0 balance, we tossed them. If getting a refund, it would be more easier to get a new gift card.
Agreed. Time will tell.

I doubt Disney would tell anyone what the amount for the refund is until they know when they open. Easiest way for them to calculate it what another poster stated above.

Cost of AP divided by 366 days = daily rate. Daily rate multiplied by number of days the AP is valid for (if it expires before the park re-opens) or daily rate multiplied by number of days of closure (if AP is still valid when park re-opens). Although, at one point, it would likely be the monthly payment rate that is refunded?

I just don't think they can really answer specifics until they know when, and to what extent, they are open. As long as they remain completely closed I don't think they can give us some of the answers. Like they can say that they will extend AP's for how ever many days they were closed but there are so many scenarios that it would be hard to address them until they actually do reopen in some form.

I called again and was told (again) that there is no time-frame as to when monthly payments to be put back on accounts.

they won't know anything until the parks reopen

Maybe I worded it wrong. What I meant was Disney is suppose to refund money they took out of accounts for people on the monthly payment plan for March and April and cease any future payments until they reopen. They told me that there is no time-frame as to when monthly payments to be refunded back on accounts. When they reopen is irrelevant to determine when refunds should happen.

Maybe I worded it wrong. What I meant was Disney is suppose to refund money they took out of people's accounts and they told me that there is no time-frame as to when monthly payments to be refunded back on accounts. When they reopen is irrelevant to determine when refunds should happen
A couple of things
They might be waiting to see when they'll open to refund ther right amount
They might not have sufficient cm in that department to proceed refunds

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter