• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP rate website

Hopefully not long until later in August then. Are they released at random or is it usually a particular day or time?
It varies. I think usually 90 days out. But it’s a hit or miss. I orig booked PBH king garden view AP, but then 2 queens showed up so I nabed it. Now they’re gone. I am doing a split, with SF and got 2 queen lagoon view AP, now that’s gone. Things appear, dissapear.
I keep checking daily, usually while I’m watching tv to see if things change. I’m staying 5 nights SF & 8 nights PB. Highest AP rate I’ve ever paid at PB! Hence the split stay. I keep hoping price will drop!

Still can’t see anything for the second half of August. There seems to be plenty of rooms still available. Maybe my dates won’t have them. Checking everyday. Has anybody else been able to book beyond mid August at the AP rate?

I've only been searching for the last ~2
Still can’t see anything for the second half of August. There seems to be plenty of rooms still available. Maybe my dates won’t have them. Checking everyday. Has anybody else been able to book beyond mid August at the AP rate?
I've only been looking last ~2 weeks for the end of August and nothing so far

It’s now June and I still can’t see anything for my dates in the second half of August. Getting fed up of checking!
It becomes obssessive. I check in the middle of the night, early a.m. and mid-afternoon. And the likelihood of success is becoming smaller and smaller. Less inventory than before.

I've only been searching for the last ~2

I've only been looking last ~2 weeks for the end of August and nothing so far

I've been checking daily as well for the 3rd week and nothing.

It’s now June and I still can’t see anything for my dates in the second half of August. Getting fed up of checking!

Same! Last year I booked for the same time period late August and got AP rates on May 26…

It becomes obssessive. I check in the middle of the night, early a.m. and mid-afternoon. And the likelihood of success is becoming smaller and smaller. Less inventory than before.
Well, not in the middle of the night for me, but morning and evening. Seriously, mid-August has always been a slower time so I am still hopeful but like others getting frustrated. I am booked for 5 nights at CBBR at a savvy traveler rate, but would love to do a split stay at an EP resort if Ap rates ever come out!

Curiosity question for the uninformed. How much lower are AP rates than regular rates?

Curiosity question for the uninformed. How much lower are AP rates than regular rates?
I want to say about 25%. That's what I'm kind of remembering. I'm booked full price at RPR club level. I hope I get an AP rate.

If anyone is able to snag one please post about it. I have my son's HS graduation and prom coming up so I have been preoccupied and am slipping with checking.

If anyone is able to snag one please post about it. I have my son's HS graduation and prom coming up so I have been preoccupied and am slipping with checking.
lol just did all this, and his Eagle Scout Court of Honor. I feel your pain :rolleyes:

So what kind of rate discount with AP do you get with the pass?

You can book with no AP (yet) and buy right before you leave or at the resort?

If you buy now (months before) can you hold off activating until just before you go so you’ll get 11-12 months of use for next years trip?

Reactions: AJA

If you buy now (months before) can you hold off activating until just before you go so you’ll get 11-12 months of use for next years trip?
25-30%. But it does not come automatically just because you have an AP. You have to grab the rate when (and now if) it shows up.

If I buy an Annual Pass now I can’t get it mailed to me? I have to show up in Orlando and pick it up at the Park or maybe somewhere in City Walk?

Sounds stupid. I arrive at a Universal Hotel but can’t check in until after I run to the Park gate, wait in line, get the Pass, and skeedaddle back to The hotel. Yikes!

I bought regular tickets and upgraded mine to an AP when I got there.
If I buy an Annual Pass now I can’t get it mailed to me? I have to show up in Orlando and pick it up at the Park or maybe somewhere in City Walk?

Sounds stupid. I arrive at a Universal Hotel but can’t check in until after I run to the Park gate, wait in line, get the Pass, and skeedaddle back to The hotel. Yikes!
I bought an AP last year. I checked in with the AP rate and then went to the ticket desk in the hotel to get it. No need to go to the park first.

So if I bought a Seasonal AP, does it expire? If Monkey Covid shuts stuff down I can move my trip to 2023 or 2024 and all is good? Or is this only applicable to normal AP versions? Seems like a good chance they redefine APs with blockout dates, what’s included ,and when I can use it.

I bought regular tickets and upgraded mine to an AP when I got there.

I bought an AP last year. I checked in with the AP rate and then went to the ticket desk in the hotel to get it. No need to go to the park first.

Wow! Watched a bunch of eggspert Youtubers last night and they were saying couldn’t get your Universal AP at the hotel and stressed it.

Which UO hotel ticket desk were you able to pick it up? We’re the passes part of a hotel package?

Wow! Watched a bunch of eggspert Youtubers last night and they were saying couldn’t get your Universal AP at the hotel and stressed it.

Which UO hotel ticket desk were you able to pick it up? We’re the passes part of a hotel package?
I bought the tickets separately through a TA promotion. I picked up the tickets at the counter at portofino. They activated it when I went to the park later that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter