APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do I start? Where are you all checking for discounts at? This will be our first time at Universal...we have no idea how to find discounts. We need to stay some time between June and August. This being so, it sounds like EP is the way to go? So we would have to stay on property? Where do I begin?

Where do I start? Where are you all checking for discounts at? This will be our first time at Universal...we have no idea how to find discounts. We need to stay some time between June and August. This being so, it sounds like EP is the way to go? So we would have to stay on property? Where do I begin?

Look at Post #1 of this thread.

Have you stayed club level before? Do you mind me asking where you are staying? Just trying to consider what the break even point is per person based on the offerings each day.
To do club level @ PB for my fam of 5 its an extra 627 for our 8 nights, roughly $16 a day per person. Just wondering if that is worth it to those who have done it before.

I think it is worth it-breakfast alone is probably worth that much if you are going to buy breakfast at the hotel or park. You also get booze/appetizers around dinner time, dessert at night, water bottles to bring to the park, snacks in the afternoon, coffee and pop all day long, and an extra room to hang out in if your room feels crowded.

If I get one more HHN email I’m going to scream! Every time I see universal has a surprise for you -I get excited. But then ......... just haunted nights. Not a surprise

Have you stayed club level before? Do you mind me asking where you are staying? Just trying to consider what the break even point is per person based on the offerings each day.
To do club level @ PB for my fam of 5 its an extra 627 for our 8 nights, roughly $16 a day per person. Just wondering if that is worth it to those who have done it before.
I would consider it worth it for our family at that price (we have a family of 5 also). We always do breakfast in the club and almost always hit dinner, drinks, & desserts. Plus, the kids always get drinks and snacks throughout the day.

It looks like there are some lower rates loaded for RPH and HRH for June - I'm looking at June 7-9 and seeing lower rates than before - these hotels are actually lower than RP right now.

FYI - if you have an existing reservation and switch to a new hotel, they can't transfer it, you'll have to cancel and rebook. I had booked RPH in a standard 2 Q room, now I have a bay view 2 Q room at RP and saved $151 for 2 nights!

I checked for my dates..... The annual pass holder rate was not any better for Hard Rock for my stay of June 17-24. I had a better deal with the SMSM . Are there differed APH rates released at different times? Is it worth it to keep checking or be happy with what I have....I am always looking for a better deal..lol

So I am really thinking that we may do split stay PB and HRH due to good AP rate at PB and good SMSM rate at HRH
any advice from guests who have done split stays before at UO?

Can anyone verify when the new cutoff date is for AP rates? Are they open all the way through August? I'll update the first post.

Not sure what the date range is, but I'm very excited to have cancelled my existing reservation and rebooked at Portofino!

My old reservation was 6/7 - 6/13 at Cabana Bay for $1,409.52 (family suite SMSM)
New reservation is 6/8 - 6/13 at Portofino Bay for $1,737.08 (Deluxe King room)
We arrive at midnight on the 7th/8th, so we will either crash at the airport Hyatt or the Doubletree right outside Universal for the first night.

Can anyone verify when the new cutoff date is for AP rates? Are they open all the way through August? I'll update the first post.
It appears the cutoff is the 12th of August. My trip is the 19th of august, so that's a bummer, but at least I know I can stop watching for a while now.

It appears the cutoff is the 12th of August. My trip is the 19th of august, so that's a bummer, but at least I know I can stop watching for a while now.
Thank you for doing the legwork! I'll update the first post now.

How do you find the cutoff? Do you just have to manually check each day until you get the message that the promo isn’t available?

Original booking at RPR for Standard Q - 6/17 (regular rate), 6/18-6/22 SMSM for total of $2,037
New booking at PBH for Bayview Q - 6/17-6/22 APH rate for a total of $1,909
WHOOT!

So I am really thinking that we may do split stay PB and HRH due to good AP rate at PB and good SMSM rate at HRH
any advice from guests who have done split stays before at UO?

** So we ended up booking split stay **
PBH @ Club Level AP rate of 414 for 5 nights
HRH @ Garden View 2Queen AP rate of 335 for 3 nights

Very happy!!

I have done club level at the hard rock before and that is where I am booked for this June. For me the club level is about the breakfast and drinks throughout the day if we are back from the parks. The first time I stayed on club level I had all boys (we were a group of 5) and it was worth it for me. They could eat enough for breakfast and we could get an early start to the parks. This time is still a group of 5 but not big breakfast people but it will allow me to get the them up and moving out of the room earlier than if we had to eat in the room or go over to City walk. So for me it is a no brainer. Plus with the annual pass club level rate it was only 20.00 more than the seasonal rate I had already paid for. They did have a pool view with annual passholder rate but I had already budgeted the seasonal rate in my spending in case a passholder rate didn't come out so I can quickly justify 20.00 more a night. (seasonal rate - standard was 454.00 - APH rate club level - 474.00)

Sometimes the higher end/expensive rooms are released first, then the regular rooms are released later, possibly much later. I would keep looking.
THANK YOU for this tip- I would never have known this! I was also very disappointed to see that RPR had only suites for the last week of June and we really want to stay there...I will definitely keep checking back now that I know there is a chance they might release the regular rooms too :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter