*April 2019 - Check in*

Hopefully they'll start releasing more Fantasmic Blue Bayou reservations! They're open for the first week of April, but I need the second week!

Hello! I was supposed to go to Disneyland in February (this weekend in fact) but had a slight setback in my surgery recovery. Rescheduled for April now, 4th-8th. My spouse and I will be staying at FFI for a delayed anniversary trip. Can’t wait!

We are Disney World veterans from the northeastern coast. This will be our first trip out west. We are visiting family in Arizona for three days then driving to Anaheim.

We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel from April 14-20.

Planning is very different from WDW. I just made dining reservations at Steakhouse 55, Goofy’s Kitchen (both breakfast and dinner), and Naples Ristorante. It was so easy in comparison to WDW reservations. We can’t wait to check out Trader Sam’s and Tangaroa Terrace.

We are very excited about our vacation at Disneyland Resort.

DH & I are flying down to join a massive group for my friend’s joint bachelorette/bachelor party at the parks. We will be staying at the Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel 4/23-4/26. It sounds like there may be around 20 of us in the group! This will be my first time going with such a large group & first time in many years that I won’t be able to use DAS. Just going to try to be as go with the flow as I can & do everything that the bride & groom want as possible but also explain in advance that I may need to bow out of a ride or meal if any of my various health issues flare up. Fingers crossed for a smooth trip.

Gah! They put out more april dates for fantasmic dining, but nothing during the week - right now our only weekend day is Sunday April 7, the first day in the parks. We might be able to do Friday, April 12..but not sure.

April 2019 Check In

AJA55 – 3/30 – 4/6 (GCH)
Meriweather – 3/31 – 4/5 (VGC)
caflygrl - 3/31 - 4/6 (Homewood Suites)
briggscreek – 4/1 – 4/6 (Courtyard Theme Park Entrance)
wallawallakids - 4/2 - 4/7 (Paradise Pier)
MacMama0930 - 4/3 - 4/7 (DLH)
gsrieff - 4/5 - 4/9 (in Fountain Valley)
Speedracer5 – 4/7 – 4/11 (BW Stovalls)
Malroy – 4/7 – 4/13 (FFI)
geekswearlpstk2 - 4/9 - 4/11 (Hojos)
Starlitnight05 – 4/10 – 4/14 (GCH)
AngM0680 - 4/10 - 4/16 (DLH)
kirstie101 - 4/13 - 4/16 (Hojo)
DisneyHusker - 4/13 - 4/17 (GCH)
Greg Lembrich – 4/13 – 4/19 (Anaheim Desert Inn)
Summer2018 - 4/14 - 4/20 (DLH)
wareagle57 - 4/14 -4/22 (GCH and offsite split stay)
graciedad - 4/17 – 4/23 (Homewood Suites)
Shannon006 - 4/19-4/27 (DLH)
MikeRx - 4/19 - 4/22 (VGC)
j9isawesome - 4/23 - 4/26 (Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel)
maryliz – 4/27 – 5/4 (BWPPI)
corrie563 - 4/25 - 4/28 (Park Vue Inn)
nikerbokers - 4/28 - 5/1 (DVC)
Jaina - 4/29 – 5/1 (Best Western Plus Raffles Inn & Suites)
SkRiderMom - 4/29 - 5/4 (Tropicana)
hineshm - 4/2-4/7 (Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort)
I haven't seen a check in for April 2019 yet, so I figured I'd get it started. I'll update this first post with all of the other April folks.

We are going April 10-14 (for Spring Dapper Days) and staying at the GCH. This will be a very special trip for us -- it's been 8 years since I've gone with my Mom and Dad! Last time we went we were celebrating my college graduation, and it was the first time my DH (then boyfriend) had ever been to DLR. Since then we've been going pretty consistently as a couple, but it feels like forever since I've been with both my Mom and Dad.

I'm excited to hear about everyone else's plans and must-dos!

hineshm - going 4/2-4/7 (Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort)

I've booked a trip for myself, my mom and daughter for April 17-23 staying at HOJO! Didn't think we'd be back for another couple years, but excited to squeeze in one more trip before SWGE opens. I know it'll likely be busy at Easter, but managing my expectations and getting a few things booked in. Excited to experience Food & Wine for the first time and waiting anxiously for the Entertainment schedule to be posted for our dates.

Just made my first dining reservation for my solo trip... Napa Rose, I'm finally coming for you! Loved S55, Carthay... Blue Bayou was so so. So ready to try this place out and get my foodie on. Hope to book WoC dessert party and Carnation Cafe as those dates become available. Yay!!!!!

Family of 5 going Apr 2-4, staying two nights at GCH and super excited. We only get to go every other year so we get to splurge on the hotel. First trip without making any dining reservations- fingers crossed I don't regret it!

So excited to be able to book a trip! April 28th-May 2nd at Fairfield Inn!

It is just my DD6 and me! She doesn't know yet and I don't know how to tell her and minimize the disappointment of my other three kids! I hope to take each of them at some point for Mommy and me trips but probably not until each is around a similar age.

I'm seriously considering adding a park day to arrival day just to see Fantasmic! I really wanted to see the new version last year but was voted down by the group to do character dining instead, which was lovely, but this year I would love to make it happen. I'm considering an on-the-go package with the latest pickup possible (8:30) the problem is our flights doesn't land until 5:45. So pretty much any delay and we might not be able to get there in time. Decisions, decisions!

My adult DD and I will be making our first trip to DLR April 3-8! We’ve been to WDW and loved it, so we’re super excited for DL. This is pretty much a last minute trip and we haven’t made hotel reservations. I’d love to stay at the Disneyland Hotel, but I think we’ll go for something more economical. We’ve never been to southern CA and hope to also visit the Getty, CA Science Center to see Endeavor, Levitated Mass (I watched a documentary on it and I’m fascinated), and food trucks.

We are very excited for our first family trip to Disneyland, April 13-17. We are frequent WDW visitors, so this trip to the original Magic Kingdom is exciting. I see that the are events like “Dapper Day” happening, is the a calendar of events somewhere?

We are very excited for our first family trip to Disneyland, April 13-17. We are frequent WDW visitors, so this trip to the original Magic Kingdom is exciting. I see that the are events like “Dapper Day” happening, is the a calendar of events somewhere?
I like using the entertainment schedule on the Disneyland website. You can select different days to see the events for each day of your visit -- currently up to April 15 -- they add one day at a time to the 45 day mark: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendars/day/2019-04-13/

The main thing besides Dapper Days occurring in April is Food & Wine, which will go to April 23rd: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/disney-california-adventure/food-and-wine-festival/

This disboards post also contains some useful info on school breaks and other unofficial events that may impact your stay: https://www.disboards.com/threads/2019-calendar-of-events-school-breaks-and-dlr.3708938/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter