• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

APRIL 2022 W.I.S.H. - Springing into healthy living

I’ve done many trips to WDW and two trips to DL. I’ve looked at Disney European Adventures several times but with any tour there’s a trade off between having everything taken care of for you and having to keep to a schedule, so I haven’t pulled the trigger yet. If Disney Alaska Cruises left from Seattle I’d probably be on a boat right now, but going up to Canada seems inconvenient. Oddly enough flying to say, Ft Lauderdale for a Caribbean cruise doesn’t seem like a big deal at all.

Last WDW trip was March, next trip I don’t know, but as I’ve mentioned, I don’t want my last trip to be my last trip because it was so meh.

One evening during the trip with my Nephew Travis we got pretzels in Germany and just sat by a fountain for a while. It was literally the first time I had just sat and soaked things up and was such a revelation. I do that every trip now, just sit and absorb.

I used to love sitting on the patio at Spice Road, but couldn’t get the new sign up for the waitlist thing to work for me last trip, probably because I never actually put my name in….

I loved the Wild Trek, sitting in the Boma having lunch was just wonderful. And a giraffe came up close to eat while we were there. Truly magical.

I’ve long had dreams of a romantic trip showing my BF around.

In May, I will be teaching a unit on the ocean, so I just adopted two whales, Coral, a Humpback whale, and Holly, an Orca, through the charity: Whale & Dolphin Conservation USA for my kindergarten class. I think they will love learning about our whales as we dive deeply into our ocean unit.

A bit behind...went to visit my parents and spent the rest of the day cooking.

What types of Disney vacations have you taken... trips to the parks/which ones, cruises, adventures? Which would you like to do?
Just park trips to WDW but did do a behind the magic tour several years ago that I highly recommend.

When was your last Disney trip and when will your next one be?
August 21. We have one booked for this August too.

What are some things you do every trip?
Well I've only been 4 times and each trip has been very different. The only commonality in all of them was spending at least a few hours in each of the main 4 parks?

Favorite Disney restaurant, food, snack or food "experience"?
Before it was a pri-fix (however you spell it) menu dinner at the cali grille timed during the fireworks so we could go out on the observation deck. Now I'd say pizza at via Napoli

Favorite Disney ride, show or experience?
Fireworks cruise. We did one last trip as I didnt want to battle the crowds for fireworks at MK. It was awesome, our captain was so great and the kids loved the experience. Seeing the EWP too was really cool. Since we are staying at Contemporary this time can easily watch the fireworks without the crowd so not sure we'll do it this next trip.

What is something you wish you could do during a Disney trip?
Relax a bit? Spend more time in the pool? My first two trips were for a purpose that had a vaca tacked on (dance competition when I was a pre-teen and a wedding as an adult) and the last trip was the first for the kids so we kind of went ride/park heavy. Next trip I want to try to make more time for resort exploration, pool time, finding restaurants (even cs) that are interesting and not just convenient.

Hope everyone has a great day! Happy Easter to those celebrating! And hope everyone observing Passover or Ramadan are having a blessed celebration!

What types of Disney vacations have you taken... trips to the parks/which ones, cruises, adventures? Which would you like to do?
My mom worked for the airlines so I've been going to Disney World since I was very little. Had no interest in cruising but my husband did so we did one for a belated honeymoon on the Fantasy in 2012 and it was the BEST vacation I've ever had! Been on 3...would have been 5 but the pandemic cancelled two! Definitely my favorite thing to do. I'd LOVE to do an adventure in China or Peru, but the cost is prohibitive.

Last trip was in March, next trip will be in December.

San Angel Inn first day at Epcot, carousel last ride on last day at MK, picture with the lions at the China pavilion--I've done one nearly every Disney trip since I was 17! And pictures on the Pooh bench at Disney Springs--we have four now. One when I was pregnant, one with my toddler and then me pregnant again, one with me and two toddlers, and most recently one with me and two little girls!

Victoria and Alberts! Or tea at the Garden View Tea Room. So fancy!

Thunder mountain!

Relax! I feel like Disney is always GO GO GO, especially with the kids.

Easter: heading over to in-law's in about half an hour. :wave:

Spring: Round one of fighting the Japanese Knotgrass by my shed. (It looks like bamboo and grows..."wicked fast" is an understatement. - I have to pull out the shoots about every week in the spring/summer, and I started this weekend.)

Self-Care Sunday: I polished my nails! 🖌️

Happy Easter, Everyone!!

We've been to WDW several times and we went to DLR for our 25th anniversary--almost 10 years ago!

Last trip was July 2021 and next trip will be December.

When my brother lived in Cocoa Beach I would take a picture of my three fellas in front of the towel rack at Ron Jon's Surf Shop. That was a fun growth chart--well, not of DH!

We go to Boma's for dinner every trip. So yummy! And such fun to wander around outside while we wait for our table.

We love everything!

I'm not sure. We make a list and get there at rope drop and just tackle that list. This next trip I'm not sure how it will work with Genie and all the new fangled stuff. I think it's going to be very much a just sit and watch people kinda trip.

The motivational quote for today is right on point for me. Yesterday was lovely: perfect weather, I got everything done in the house and garden that I planned on doing, I organized food prep well and everything came out tasty, it was great to sit around and chat for several hours. Then afterwards my sister posted the pictures she had taken. Ugh! I look like a big blob of... something, I don't even know what. But after the original shock I thought 'I can change that', 'I can manage that', 'I know what to do'. And I do and I can.

And so it starts... finally! We're half way thru the month and I haven't really worked on any of my goals but this week I really do need to be getting my steps, in because next week I'm going to be on-site and that means on my feet all day and walking around all day. I'm promising myself I will get outside and walk, even in the rain.

Hello Friends!! I do hope everyone had a great weekend and enjoyed their Easter celebrations!!! I am going to try and catch up here!

What types of Disney vacations have you taken... trips to the parks/which ones, cruises, adventures? Which would you like to do? Trips to WDW for us so far! We may try a cruise one day!!

When was your last Disney trip and when will your next one be? March 2021 was our last trip and June 2022 is the next one! Doing 5 days at a Airbnb on the lake (45 mins from the parks) and spending 1-2 days in the parks.

What are some things you do every trip? We do Disney as part of our vacation but never our whole vacation. So what we do varies each trip because we only do 1 or 2 parks per trip. But we always make memories and have fun for sure!!

Favorite Disney restaurant, food, snack or food "experience"? Tusker house (pre covid) was always our absolute favorite table service restaurant.

Favorite Disney ride, show or experience? Small World is my favorite ride because it holds special memories for me as a child and a adult with my own kids.

What is something you wish you could do during a Disney trip? We would love to do a behind the scenes tour one day!!

—————

Easter-hosted dinner at our house, it was lovely! Weather turned out great!! Did a egg hunt with the kids and the sun came out for that which was fantastic! Ate whatever I wanted all day and got back on track today with eating and exercising so I am thankful for that!

Spring-I am hesitant to plant anything just yet, it’s still getting cold here but I am
Looking forward to planting some flowers!

Sunday-my self care was laying on the sofa after everyone left and relaxing!!

Happy Monday everyone!!

Lovely quote to start the day with.

As of yesterday I am officially sick, fortunately not with covid, but what ails me is not just allergies. I'm tired and crabby and just trying to keep up. So I keep repeating to myself "You can do hard things, you can do hard things...". Will report in tomorrow on how well that works.

Last edited:

As of yesterday I am officially sick, fortunately not with covid, but what ails me is not just allergies. I'm tired and crabby and just trying to keep up. So I keep repeating to myself "You can do hard things, you can do hard things...". Will report in tomorrow on how well that works.
Feel better.

I hope you feel better soon

So my biggest WOO HOO is being on spring break!

A close second is, WOO HOO! Our new swimming pool is being installed today! Soon, the pool heater will be installed as well, and we will be able to lengthen our swim season from 2.5 months to hopefully 5-6 months! Swimming is my favorite exercise, and I haven’t been able to do it as much as I would have liked. I’m ready to change that…

F7926248-06CA-4AAA-92F5-222F975C8007.jpeg

Last edited:
So my biggest WOO HOO is being on spring break!

A close second is, WOO HOO! Our new swimming pool is being installed today! Soon, the pool heater will be installed as well, and we will be able to lengthen our swim season from 2.5 months to hopefully 5-6 months! Swimming is my favorite exercise, and I haven’t been able to do it as much as I would have liked. I’m ready to change that…

View attachment 663734
Hope you have a fabulous Spring Break - you deserve it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter