APRIL 2022 W.I.S.H. - Springing into healthy living

1. Something I love: Summertime, July in particular. Below is my glamorous Mother and me in the background loving summer on the beach.
260C5A9C-8BBA-48FC-9B5D-58372FD1F107.jpeg
2. Dream destination: Hawaii is number one on my bucket list.

2A8B95BD-913B-425C-8666-03FFA2909555.jpeg
3. Something on my wish list: A new kitchen. We have many plans, just need the right time and all of the necessary funds. It helps that we aren’t going to WDW anytime soon.
3AC1B643-91F1-463C-9BEC-869E4FA1A44A.jpeg
4. Something that gives me joy: Nature, beautiful flowers, adorable animals, beaches, sunsets…
C40FE7D3-8118-4AAD-A5E5-1CE27B411D8A.jpeg
5. My favorite way to relax: A spa day, whether it’s a facial, massage, or mani pedi, I’m all in.
A69F21FE-B035-409D-846E-85B75B02D489.jpeg
6. My favorite hobby: All of the Arts, specifically, creating art…making something beautiful.

8984724F-27B3-4F8E-9D04-85FF5A1F8CF4.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s time to start scheduling May’s hosts. Please sign up for the week that works for you.

5/2 - 5/8:
5/9 - 5/15:
5/16 - 5/22: Summer
5/23 - 5/29:
5/30 - 6/5: PollyannaMom

Last edited:
What’s one thing you could do this week to close the month out on a positive note?
I have a really busy week as far as my "supporting roles" as wife and mom go - which means I'm helping with projects I have very little control over (read: not my comfort zone). So the thing I can do is take advantage of unexpected gaps in my "schedule" to walk on the treadmill and keep getting exercise anyway.

Everything went beautifully smoothly yesterday, at least until 2 hours before my flight when Alaska texted saying “Gee we’re sorry but we just canceled your flight and put you on a new one to an airport an hour drive away from where you want to be.” Gee thanks Alaska. The hour after that was a stressful mess but everything worked out OK. My seat on the new flight was up in business class, which was a nice treat.

My one thing I can do this week? Being on site I will get a lot of steps in. And being around co-workers will be a nice change.

Happy Monday Friends!!!

It’s the last Monday of April!

What’s one thing you could do this week to close the month out on a positive note?

I hope everyone has a great Monday!
View attachment 664767
I didn’t do as well during spring break as I hoped. I got back on track after Easter for a couple of days, but towards the end of the week, I got off track. So, it’s time to get back on track. I was good today. Now I need to get my momentum back.

Vaca meant A LOT of steps and having our room on the second floor with no elevator meant A LOT of floors. Nice offset to the ben and Jerry's factory trip. But instead of going overboard we split 2 small ice creams between 5 people so no where near an entire serving. My fit bit recorded 30 flights of stairs in one day and boy could my legs feel that day!
Today....not so much. But I had a salad for lunch and packed soup for tomorrow. I also bought some salad fixings for later in the week so going to try to do soup or salad at least 3 more times this week.
Friday is DS6's birthday so there will be pizza and cake. But will work that with portion control. And after the replanting and taking the plants out of the garage at night I am starting to see some lettuce, spinach and carrot growth so hopefully those will keep going strong. Will start another batch of each of those maybe this weekend if the weather holds out. There is something about eating veggies you grew yourself....
20220422_081948.jpg

Things went so well today that we also completed what we were going to do tomorrow. So I get to head home tomorrow night, not Wednesday. That’s an early woohoo, except that I’ll be car-less until midday Thursday. But when I do get the car back she’ll be happy and strong and raring to go.

Topic Tuesday!

Morning! We made it through Monday (deep relaxing breaths) and now onto Tuesday!

I thought it would be fun to talk about your most used kitchen item! Big, small, old, new-what’s the one thing your household could never live without?

Ours would have to be the coffee pot. We actually have 2 full sized from when both the boys lived at home, we needed 2 full pots in the AM between the 4 of us! I would set one for 6am for the first batch of us early shifters and 830am for the second one. Now that the boys are gone we are down to one pot per day, but I set it every evening after dinner for the next day to come on at 6am! I cannot imagine getting up and making that first cup (shutter)

I think our second most used item is the air fryer, I make everything in it. Chicken, veggies, DD makes frozen snack foods, reheating leftovers…definitely our 2nd most used item!

Can’t wait to hear everyone’s else’s can’t live without item!!

8EC55616-B307-4BBF-88F5-D8A7249D9D6B.jpeg

My coffee pot is getting the most use these days. Two would certainly make it easier since I now drink half cafe and DD drinks decaf. I definitely prefer the mornings when I set it up the night before. Last night I was dozing off at 7:00, and by the time DD got home from work followed by dinner with friends, I just wanted to collapse in bed.

The new air fryer is a hit now that I am getting better at cooking with it, but the clean-up is a pain. I would probably use it daily if I could toss the pans in the dishwasher.

For yesterday, The thing I can do this week is to try not to stress. This is such a busy week at work. I really should not have taken PTO last week but it was needed. This is usually a high stress week. We need to select our students for the scholarship (about 300 students) and they all need to be notified on Friday. To top it off work is having a big fundraising event on Thursday.

My kitchen gadget I use the most.........This is a touch one. I would say the potato peeler. I love potatoes. DH uses the air fryer but I haven't figured it out yet. I can do frozen foods but not the main dish.

I technically work three jobs: a full time IT job and then I have two TA positions where I do all the grading for two classes, a total of about 60 students and it's the end of the semester so I am STRESSED and trying not to get overwhelmed! And as a result...we've been eating out a LOT. A LOT! But I have an instagram account where I post baking stuff, so my most used tools in my kitchen are my Always Pan (which is AMAZING) and my Kitchaid mixer. I just recently got a Tidy Board but I have to clean off the counter before I can try to use it--I'm hoping that helps me to actually do meal prep so I can cook more at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter