April Check-In **Official**

We are contemplating going 4/19-4/23. I’ve never been in April so I’m trying to research historical crowds etc. Haunted Mansion is an important ride for me and one of main reasons for doing a trip in the Spring vs Fall. I always see it with the NBC overlay and want to see it without but with no set date for the end of the refurb I’m nervous to actually book. Anyone have any insight on late April crowds?

Prob not the best board to "convince me." As of right now, we are going for 1 full day....the Monday after Easter. I am expecting large crowds. I am playing around with adding on a day and going on Easter, but it would be a later afternoon/evening visit since we will be with family in the general area that morning. I don't want to only get 1 park per day tix b/c then we'd be short changed. So it would be 2 day park hopper tickets and then Maxpass for both days seems enticing. Pros/Cons???? Or something I'm not thinking about?
If you do the 2 day I wouldn't get Maxpass for both days - you mentioned you'd only be able to go in late in the afternoon on Easter. A lot of fastpasses may be gone by then so it may not be worth it unless you use it for pictures. I'd only get Maxpass for your full day.

I think you could get away with 2 day non park hopper. I think you could see a lot of DCA(or do a few big rides) on Easter then spend the entire next day in Disneyland. Disneyland is atleast a 2 day park so I'm not sure you want to spend the time hopping unless you have a favorite ride in DCA you want to ride multiple times.

I'll be there April 18th thru 21st staying at Candy Cane Inn
then again on April 24th & 25th staying at a Marriott Residence in Fullerton
One of the reasons I love vacationing in San Diego is I stop in Anheim both directions to have a little Disney fun.

If you do the 2 day I wouldn't get Maxpass for both days - you mentioned you'd only be able to go in late in the afternoon on Easter. A lot of fastpasses may be gone by then so it may not be worth it unless you use it for pictures. I'd only get Maxpass for your full day.

I think you could get away with 2 day non park hopper. I think you could see a lot of DCA(or do a few big rides) on Easter then spend the entire next day in Disneyland. Disneyland is atleast a 2 day park so I'm not sure you want to spend the time hopping unless you have a favorite ride in DCA you want to ride multiple times.
thanks for sharing some insight. i'm torn b/c my gut says my kids will actually enjoy DCA more! they love thrill rides and will really enjoy RSR, Guardians, Incredicoaster, Soarin. DH and I want to check out F&W and do want to be able to have some drinks while at the parks. i wish you could mix and match ticket types!

thanks for sharing some insight. i'm torn b/c my gut says my kids will actually enjoy DCA more! they love thrill rides and will really enjoy RSR, Guardians, Incredicoaster, Soarin. DH and I want to check out F&W and do want to be able to have some drinks while at the parks. i wish you could mix and match ticket types!
Then I would splurge for the park hopper). If your kids are old enough to stay up late you can get a lot done during fireworks and after. And as a reminder - as long as you are inline for a ride prior to close you can get on. So if DL closes as midnight you can get inline for Space Mountain at 11:59pm and you'll get to get on the ride. I did that few years ago on Haunted Mansion during Halloween time - we were one of the last people off the ride and when we got off the park was empty. It was cool to walk through the park with it so empty.

Yay! Was waiting for an official April thread! Makes the trip closer to reality!

We're staying at GCH because DH got a crazy great deal on rates through his convention.
Park dates will probably be April 7-11. I haven't been to Anaheim since 2017 so I'm excited to see the new rides/areas like Pixar Pier and of course, Galaxy's Edge.

DD1 went with her school orchestra in 2018 so she's seen some of the newer rides eg Guardians and Incredicoaster.

It's the height of spring break so trying to decide park hopper and/or max pass. Since we're staying at GCH, park hoppers would be nice because of the dedicated entrance. And because of the crowds, I'm thinking the max pass will be critical. However, since we may have up to 4 days in the parks, trying to see if there's anywhere where we can lessen the financial outpouring of money that is Disney, lol! With that being said, I do have a bunch of friends that I may try and see in OC, so it may not be 4 full days in the park. Will have a little more clarity on the issue as we get closer. DH gets a small discount on park tickets through the convention.

I don't see the appeal in Paradise Pier. It's no closer than many of the offsite motels, but it far more expensive. Tiny pool. We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel for the nostalgia and pools and while it was very nice, even that was a bit of a walk.

Agreed! I’ve stayed there twice, but it was a long time ago when the prices weren't so crazy. I was not impressed. Why do people spend all that money to stay there? The only perk I see is the EMH for DCA, but I certainly don’t think it’s worth the cost IMO.

Hubby, Myself, Son 14 and Daughter 16 4-6/ 4-10 Right now we are planning on surprising the kids with a stay at Paradise Pier club level (Normally we stay at the Grand Legacy. ) Our last trip was so Not Magical, October 2018 Sons 13th birthday, tickets to the Halloween Party...Son ends up with food poisoning spends the day vomitting no party....bad day....Oh did I tell you my daughter sprained her ankle 2 days before the trip...UGG. This trip is going to be a splurge. We normally go every year but we skipped 2018 to save extra money for Star Wars Galaxy Edge. I feel like I need the trip to be a little extra magical.

Hubby, Myself, Son 14 and Daughter 16 4-6/ 4-10 Right now we are planning on surprising the kids with a stay at Paradise Pier club level (Normally we stay at the Grand Legacy. ) Our last trip was so Not Magical, October 2018 Sons 13th birthday, tickets to the Halloween Party...Son ends up with food poisoning spends the day vomitting no party....bad day....Oh did I tell you my daughter sprained her ankle 2 days before the trip...UGG. This trip is going to be a splurge. We normally go every year but we skipped 2018 to save extra money for Star Wars Galaxy Edge. I feel like I need the trip to be a little extra magical.
✨sprinkling pixie dust your way ✨

We're going for Dapper Day, 2nd year in a row. We're staying at the Grand Californian from April 15th to the 20th. We're in the middle of a mild winter but even still I can't wait to the room and wrap myself in that fancy robe and hit the pool with a strong drink in my hand!

I'll be there April 18th thru 21st staying at Candy Cane Inn
then again on April 24th & 25th staying at a Marriott Residence in Fullerton
One of the reasons I love vacationing in San Diego is I stop in Anheim both directions to have a little Disney fun.

This is what I do too! Though this time around we're specifically driving to the Anaheim area for theme parks before spending the rest of the time in San Diego :)

I’ve decided I won’t be coming April 19th. I just realized Coachella will be going on that weekend and I’m not driving through that mess!

We'll be there April 1st--8th at Anaheim Desert Inn. It will be 6 of us which is myself, DH, DD, DS, SIL and DNephew. It will be 1st time for SIL and DN to any Disney park! My family of four have been to DL before and try to go every 3 yrs. We're planning 4 or 5 days DL/DCA with hoppers and 1 day Universal. A few family members might do 1 day Knotts Berry Farm. Woo Hoo!! Getting very excited!! Thanks for starting this April check-in!!

How busy is Easter Sunday?
We went on Easter last year and it wasn’t as bad as I expected. I think during any holiday weekend if you manage your expectations it will be okay. Try to be at the park at rope drop (or soon after) you can do so much in the first few hours of the day. My DD loved seeing the Easter Bunny in the park and the scavenger egg hunts they have in the parks are fun too while wandering/waiting in lines.

Update: it looks like the Sailing Ship Columbia will be closer for only a short time in February. I’ve removed it from the “Bad News” 😁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter