Are people not fans of the Tim Tracker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sound like a mean hearted person - if you can't say something nice, just keep moving on - they have earned where they are today - maybe start your own vlog and maybe get to that point someday - or maybe you DO or DID have one and lost all your subscribers?
Yikes...so do you. I don't understand why it's ok for you to say something ugly to someone because you don't agree with them? That makes you wrong as well. YOU didn't just say something nice and move on. It goes both ways but everyone forgets that.

I'm not sure if it is their target audience, but the kids seem to really like the vlogs. My son has followed them for some time, and on the live vlogs where they read the viewer posts, it seems most of them are from kids.
Personally, I find them entertaining and informative.
I've found that it seems to be the new form of entertainment and not just for people looking for information anymore. It's super strange to me that my 5 year old niece could spend 24 hours a day watching OTHER kids open up toys on youtube. Now when I was a kid, that was called torture and I would be hopping around the living room begging for whatever it was on tv....then getting a spanking. lol In fact, she would rather watch other people living their lives than to go outside and live her own. I certainly don't see the draw but there you have it. What I can't stand is that everyone and their goat are now trying to be vloggers. I have a former co-worker that thinks she needs to take to the camera to share random things with people and she is neither informative nor funny but in the world of social media we've convinced ourselves that everyone wants to know what we think or what we're doing constantly. Strange stuff IMO.

Great point about integrity.

Their “devoted fans” also take every criticism of them so personally. They need something to do. I can’t imagine having such little sense of self and being so out of touch with reality that I get upset when “famous” people I don’t know are criticized :rotfl2:
YES! I thought this exact thing today. I watch Mountain Men and live near the NC mountains and thought it would be fun to follow Eustace Conway on facebook to keep up with what he is up to and MY GOD the fans are strangely protective. They want to start Go Fund Me pages and they worry to death over him as if it's a family member. Last time I checked, he was on a tv show that he gets paid for, and is actually VERY well off. People believe anything and that freaks me out a bit. They were on there threatening to kick people off the page if they spread a false rumor etc...and I'm sitting here thinking good Lord, he's just some dude on a docuseries that doesn't even read this page! There's always someone that claims to be very close to the person that does all of their bidding lol. Boy do those folks take things seriously.

Does anyone really care which youtube channels have bigger fans than others? I watch all kinds of vlogs about the Orlando area, some are more informative, some are more fun and some are more speculative.

I enjoy most of them.

Oddly, it's seems that the people that don't like the TT are the ones most vocal - well excuse us, the people who like/don't mind their channel and vlogs if we then support them.

Negativity breeds negativity - if you don't like something then don't watch, it really is as simple as that.

I don't know these people from Adam but do people not realize that social media is how companies advertise these days? It is no different than the actors and athletes who are the paid spokespersons for whatever product they are promoting in 30 second tv spots. So, why does it bother people so much? They seem more interested in the Trackers than the people who are fans.
I think it's because back then we didn't know everything there was to know about a celebrity and we certainly couldn't contact them and speak with them or watch their daily life on a video. There was a mystique that is completely missing today. We simply know too much about people now and feel strangely invested in them. We think they are our friends.

I don't believe they claim to be these things, so how can it be a conflict? Frankly, if they didn't do the sponsored videos, it would be a bad career and financial move for them. If this is their career that they are relying on to support their growing family, why would they want to decline these offers? I agree with you that they will promote any place that's willing to pay, but I guess I don't see what's wrong with that. They are still showcasing things about the destination people wouldn't have otherwise known, and the content can still be used by a person to determine if its the right vacation destination for them.

This topic reminds me of hipsters who fret when their favorite band is played on mainstream radio because it's "selling out". Like, isn't that the end goal? To make money and receive attention? If not, then why do it at all :confused3
AMEN! You said it all. The whole point of starting something is hoping that it will take off someday. No one goes into anything with the hopes that it will flounder so they can "keep it real" lol. There isn't a soul on here that wouldn't love to have his job and every single one of us would give a paid review and accept the perks. Let's not kid ourselves here. It's a dream job and we all know it.

Does it even matter? We've all had celebs that we couldn't stand or that irked us. It's allowed. Personal preference.

The trouble is that being bitter or jealous is an irrational, and more importantly, a wasted emotion. Anyone that carries these around with them is just making their own lives more miserable. Let It Go!

The trouble is that being bitter or jealous is an irrational, and more importantly, a wasted emotion. Anyone that carries these around with them is just making their own lives more miserable. Let It Go!
What's funny is when their wasted emotion irks someone else enough to point it out. Everyone tries to silence the other side. It's just conversation, it's healthy and normal but for some reason here lately it's become a crime to speak about not liking something because you're "being negative" then all of the people that think you shouldn't say anything unless it's nice, have a field day jumping on that one negative person. lol It's so friggin' backwards and mind boggling. I miss the days where people were allowed to just be jerks hahaha! Just let people be who they are. We all change from day to day anyway.

What's funny is when their wasted emotion irks someone else enough to point it out. Everyone tries to silence the other side. It's just conversation, it's healthy and normal but for some reason here lately it's become a crime to speak about not liking something because you're "being negative" then all of the people that think you shouldn't say anything unless it's nice, have a field day jumping on that one negative person. lol It's so friggin' backwards and mind boggling. I miss the days where people were allowed to just be jerks hahaha! Just let people be who they are. We all change from day to day anyway.
Everyone to entitled to an opinion, but it doesn't mean they have an obligation to express it. There are some posts in this thread from people who do and don't like the TT - for whatever reason. However, there are also some posts here that are using their own thoughts and facts to defend their opinion to the negative.
I'm a firm believer that if you don't like something then don't do it, watch it, eat it or drink it - not everyone needs to hear negative comments that (many times) have no basis.
Live and let live - by all means discuss positives and negatives, but no need for insults and made up fairy tales just to bolster your point.

I have no idea what hot takes are, but find it ironic you say no one cares about their opinion, while ragging on someone for not liking an opinion. :confused3
You just described the way of the world we live in today.

Yeah, I don’t get the point of dredging it up. Tim Allen went to prison for selling drugs. That’s not his whole story. People change. Plus, out of context stuff is...out of context.
Wait, this entire thread was because someone asked why there are so many people that don't like the Trackers. This person gave an example of one possibility. Seems on topic to me.

It seems they started out well but I think it’s become about money now and I find that gross. It seems they now put out content just together paid, it pushed me over the edge when he bought a $3300.00 sweater (in Florida) new house then since Covid it’s just been terrible content just to support the new lifestyle. That’s not what it’s about for me, sharing useful information about the place we all love isn’t supposed to be driven by greed.
The difference between now and “before” is that the channel isn’t something they do for fun anymore. It’s now their full time job and primary source of income. Inherently, that means there are times the content will feel forced rather than done out of fun or enjoyment. It also means they have to make decisions that will yield them the most financially because this is how they are now supporting their lifestyle and family. Personally, I don’t think it’s good or bad but rather just a fact. There are still bloggers who do it just for fun, and there are others like Dis Unplugged who have multiple streams of income tied into a business that take a different approach with their content.

No, we really don't - they are vloggers - and not just the TT. Anyone who gets personally involved needs to step away from social media.
I'm in agreement with you here. There's no denying though that people feel invested and even protective of some of the people they follow because let's face it, celebrities are far more accessible than they have ever been. I've had little back and forths with some of my favorites and that can make you feel a little more connected but you have to remember that 99.9% of these folks are just out there promoting themselves, they're not our friends but you can't tell that to some people. We've seen the protective aspect even in this thread. You would think that some fans are related to these people by the way they react. It's weird to watch. I get liking celebs and such, but some people seem to think it's their job to defend and protect them. We certainly do live in a different world from when we were kids. Who would have thought? I remember asking a question to one of my childhood idols and getting a snarky response back and it kinda ruined my vision of him that I had made in my teen years. Sometimes it's better to just like people from a distance and keep some mystery left in there. I bet we wouldn't actually like half of the people we grew up idolizing if we really knew them in real life...then again there are others that we probably couldn't stand that we would think the world of if we knew them better.

Wait, this entire thread was because someone asked why there are so many people that don't like the Trackers. This person gave an example of one possibility. Seems on topic to me.
You revived a zombie thread based on a comment about someone reviving a zombie thread. I was replying a person that replied to a post almost 5 months old, hence "dredging."

Mods, can you lock this thread? It's time to let it rest.

AMEN! You said it all. The whole point of starting something is hoping that it will take off someday. No one goes into anything with the hopes that it will flounder so they can "keep it real" lol. There isn't a soul on here that wouldn't love to have his job and every single one of us would give a paid review and accept the perks. Let's not kid ourselves here. It's a dream job and we all know it.

I wouldn’t love it. When I go to the parks I like to enjoy the parks. I wouldn’t want to be filming constantly. Have you seen them out in the parks? They have people who constantly interrupt them to talk to them
and follow them until they turn off the camera to say hi. People think they know them. It’s actually pretty creepy. Tim & Jenn have to be nice to their followers because they are their bread and butter. I’m sure they don’t actually want to talk to all these strangers all the time. If they’re still doing this in a few years as Jackson gets older, I’ll feel so bad for him if strangers are constantly approaching when they’re out at the parks.

More than once, a line has actually formed of people waiting to talk to them. How annoying.

I also would not want to rely on YouTube content as my sole source of income. As we’ve seen, when the parks closed, views for all the theme park vloggers dropped dramatically. It’s pretty risky to put all your eggs in the YouTube basket. Long term, it’s pretty unreliable.

I also wouldn’t want so much personal information out there about myself and my family. I wouldn’t want to deal with the trolls, the “fans” who think they know the vlogger, the comments and and and ...

I would definitely not want to be a Disney vlogger.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter