Are We There Yet????

Thursday June 26, 2008(continued)
We got back to the hotel and went to see Barb’s room. The elevator that we rode in to and from Barb’s room had just been painted. There was a sign taped to the mirror inside the elevator that said “WET PAINT,” so we were all very careful so as not to touch any wet paint. Her suite was really nice! I was such a big dummy and did not take any pics….but, Barb has pics on her thread. After we got a look at her room, we decided to go back to our room. We were on the same floor, but each wing at the PBH is a separate building. They were in the West Wing and we were in the Villa Wing, so we had to go back down the elevator to the first floor, down the piazza a spec and to the wing where we were staying. Anyway, the “Bubba Gang” came up to our room and we talked for a while. Randy had given Tim a beer from their room. He offered me one, but I don’t drink beer. I’m a margarita gal. Ryan and Jacob were fascinated with the window above the bathtub and spent some time crawling in and out of it. Whenever that became boring, they decided to have a pillow fight. I found out later that Zack wanted to join in, but he was afraid he might get too rough and hurt someone, since he is so much older. I really don’t think he would have hurt Ryan (he does Tae-Kwon-Do) and I know Zack plays like that with Jacob all the time. I really hope we can get together again.

DSCN1133.jpg

Tim and I had a really good time with Barb and Randy and Jacob had so much fun with Ryan. Zack liked them too. They ended up staying for about an hour and went back to their room.

Next installment: The last day at US/IOA

Yay ...more trippie!

WE had a great time too...as did Bubba! Good thing we DON'T live closer...we'd NEVER get anything done! :laughing: (we'd always be out in search of that perfect margarita ;) ) :rolleyes1

We had a wonderful time hanging out with you guys...hope we get the chance again :hug: (...oh, and you just HAD to post THAT picture...didn'tcha?? that was our "up at 4:15 this morning, travel and do the parks all day" picture :worried: )
Up next....the BEACH!! :teeth: ...right? ;)

Yay ...more trippie!

WE had a great time too...as did Bubba! Good thing we DON'T live closer...we'd NEVER get anything done! :laughing: (we'd always be out in search of that perfect margarita ;) ) :rolleyes1

We had a wonderful time hanging out with you guys...hope we get the chance again :hug: (...oh, and you just HAD to post THAT picture...didn'tcha?? that was our "up at 4:15 this morning, travel and do the parks all day" picture :worried: )
Up next....the BEACH!! :teeth: ...right? ;)
I'm sorry! I thought you looked pretty darn good for being up at 4:15! I looked like you know what that day.....got rained on and my hair was a mess....even went to Margaritaville like that.....Your hair still looked good.

Next installment will be last day at US/IOA, travel and then day at the beach and going home.

I just realized today that this trippie was never finished!

ETA: Are you taking lessons from Katie????

Friday June 27, 2008
I thought I had plugged my phone in to charge, but noticed that it was actually NOT plugged in! We went ahead and checked out of the PBH as soon as we were all ready and took our luggage to the car.

We set out to IOA to do water rides. We all wore our sandals and clothes for the water rides and we didn’t take our cameras. The only pictures we got that day were with Tim’s cell phone (mine died), so the quality’s not so good. We got there pretty early and rode Hulk first. (Sorry for the crummy pics!)

Here we are waiting in line to ride Hulk:
062708_092500-1.jpg

062708_092501.jpg

Then, we headed to the water rides and to DD. We did multiple rides on all of them and didn’t get any more photos……

We decided around noon that it might be a good idea to leave since we had reservations for that night in Pensacola.
Tim snapped a few pics on the way to the boat:
You can see that Jacob and I had gotten soaked!
062708_130600.jpg

062708_130602.jpg

on the boat ride back to the PBH

062708_131900.jpg

062708_132000.jpg

062708_132300.jpg

and when we got off the boat. Here’s the boys and me saying our last goodbyes to the PBH (gosh I miss that place!):

062708_132603.jpg

When I got to the car, I plugged in my cell phone (which had died), and I had a message from Barb. We had missed her at Bluto’s Bilge Rat Barges. We had talked about riding it together the night before. It would have been SO MUCH FUN! I hated that my phone had died. I wish I would have called her from Tim’s phone when I discovered mine was dead…..

Pretty uneventful from here…..we were on the road headed to Pensacola. We got to Pensacola and checked in our room, and then we went to Barnhill’s Buffet and had dinner.

Next up (if I get around to it): The beach and going home.........

Alison...I can't believe I hadn't seen you TR before now!

So sorry...it's great!

Leaving is always so hard. I find that I have a hard time posting the end of my tr's too when I do them. Our last trip had so many things go wrong I never even posted one. Thanks for posting yours! I would love to see the beach pics if you have time to post them.

Leaving is always so hard.
You are so right. I remember the first time my family came down in 1975 to Disney when I was eight, my sister was six and my brother was five. My sister decided to make friends with the topiaries and really cried her eyes out when we had to leave them. :rotfl:

Well, I suppose I finally "got around to it"......so here we go.....

Saturday June 28, 2008

We got up and checked out of our motel and headed to the beach. We went to Johnson Beach at Perdido Key, FL.

Here are a few pics:

Me:
DSCN1153.jpg

Tim:
DSCN1164.jpg

Zack:
DSCN1168.jpg

Zack & Jacob swimming in the ocean:

DSCN1158.jpg

DSCN1167.jpg

We stayed at the beach for about two hours. The jellyfish were everywhere and Jacob was not having a good time.

Here are a few pics on the drive down the Florida/Alabama Coast:
DSCN1171.jpg

DSCN1218.jpg

DSCN1221.jpg

DSCN1226.jpg

I don’t know why, but I had to snap a pic of this little tattoo joint:
DSCN1252.jpg

DSCN1256.jpg

DSCN1264.jpg

We had stopped at one of the souvenir shops and bought the boys a shark tooth/shell necklace each.

DSCN1265.jpg

DSCN1266.jpg

Tim didn’t get one, but he was fine with that…..
DSCN1267.jpg

Going across Mobile Bay:

DSCN1269.jpg

DSCN1281.jpg

Toward the tunnel:

DSCN1284.jpg

Through the tunnel:

DSCN1285.jpg

DSCN1286.jpg

Getting through Mobile can be quite confusing, so we had the laptop on with the GPS program running.

DSCN1290.jpg

That last part was pretty boring, but it's even more boring after that and there are no more pictures.

It took me long enough to complete this trip report. Maybe it won't take so long to complete the next one.

Thank you to all of you who stopped in and checked out my trippie.

Keep your fingers crossed that we will go back to the dark side for our June vacation! We have Disney planned, but I'm working on a little bonus dark side time.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter