Are you a Canadian DVC'er?

Canadian Tom

DIS Veteran
Hello: I was wondering how many people here are DVC'ers and where do you stay and when do you go to WDW? Thanks

Used to be, but we sold a couple of years ago. I am starting to miss it a bit....may have to reconsider.

MikeJ is also a DVC'er who is actually in Disneyworld right now!

:cool:

We're Canadian DVCers and love it
We stay at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. It is very peaceful there. We use the kitchen for breakfasts & light suppers and save lots of money.

Next trip we're also going to Vero Beach

Brenda
from MB
:Pinkbounc

Have any of you ever rented your DVC points?? I have heard that you can get rent points for less than what you would pay for a regular resort--not sure if they were referring thought to a mod or deluxe. Just curious--perhaps this may be a way for me to get a cool BWV for a cool price for our wedding! We are getting married at the swan so the location would be great.
Grover in Winnipeg
:)

We sold because we were Disney'd out! Our dd's (both teens) weren't all that interested in going any more and we felt that with the dollar being so high, that we could spend our money better else where. We did however sell for more than we made which was great. Dh and I still would like to visit, and perhaps even our kids, just not as often as we would with DVC. The other thing that bothered us was that although we love the BW, we do like staying at other properties, like th CR and Poly, but as you know points don't go very far there. The other thing was having to book at the 11 month window in order to get the view we wanted. Since I am a TA, and dh is self employed, we often either find great deals at the last minute or can't make plans that far in advance.

Wer are DVCers and we go in Dec and have stayed at Boardwalk Villas Villas at Wilderness Lodge and this year we are at Old Key West our home resort is Hilton Head Island.

We're DVC members with Old Key West as home resort.

We usually go once per year, but it will be a year and a half between visits this time so that we can accumulate enough points for a Grand Villa.

We may get more into the mode of going every 2-3 years now. The last couple of visits we haven't really done the parks, but have gone for the golfing.

We bought in 2000 and our home resort is BWV. We go down every year and we love it! I am a teacher and we go down during my March break or Xmas depending on when the value season is. We maximize our points as best we can often staying in a studio standard view and going in low seasons.

So far we have stayed at Wilderness Lodge, OKW, Hilton Head, Vero Beach and Disneyland Paris. I love my DVC and think it was one of the best investments we've made!

Louise:)

Bon jour Louise: I am also a teacher(not french or english as you can tell from my spelling) and going this March break and staying at BCV. Maybe I see you there. If you had to rank the resorts you've stayed at what would they be? Thanks

We are also DVC members since 93 and think it is the best investment we ever made. Our home resort is Old Key West but we have traded our points for cruises,Caribbean Beach Resort ,All Star Sports and Disneyland Paris. Again, it is the best investment we ever made.
Debbie

We have been members since 1999 when we bought a resale at BWV. We have 150 points and we go every January. We buy annual passes so we only have to buy them every second year and we usually get free flights with Aeroplan miles every second year. Cheap way to vacation.

We bought BWV in 1999 and have stayed at OKW a few times and cruised once. I have also rented out my points (rather easy to do and at $10 US/point-it paid for my dues that year and some extra for us).

Presently I have a trip to BCV and OKW for Feb. booked and waiting for Southwest to extend their reservation date past jan 16/04.

Jacqui

My Home will be SSR and as of yet not planned any trips Home.

But as DD is getting older and harder to take out of school, will also be travelling during High Season and felt this was the only way to go.

Scratch
:smooth:

Hi Canadian Tom,

It would be impossible to rank the resorts- they are all so beautiful. I loved OKW for its spaciousness and rolling golf course. I loved Wilderness Lodge because I found it so relaxing. Hilton Head was beautiful and I really want to return there for a long stay with a good book. All the hotels are up to Disney standards. The place I like the least was Vero Beach- but my husband loved it and wants to return.

We love BWV for its proximity to Epcot and MGM!

Wish I could be of more help- but I love 'em all!

Louise

My personal favourite so far is BWV we love the atmosphere there it is always hopping and noisy so to speak there is always something to do. Wilderness lodge and OKW are my least favourites I just find them way to quiet and my family and I are into the action we love the way All Star Resorts are always lots of peope and something going on no matter what time it is. Will let you know what we think of BCV after our stay there I am sure it will be as good as BWV due to it's location to the boardwalk and MGM and Epcot. No matter what your taste though there is a DVC resort to suit your needs and wants they are all really great it is just that everyone likes different resorts for different reasons and that is really what it is all about anyhow isn't it.

Our home resort is OKW (we've stayed there twice), but we've also stayed at BWV over Christmas as well as exchanged out to the cruise. Personally, we prefer OKW. The resort is laid-back, generally quiet, and you feel more like you're on vacation than at BWV. Both BWV and BCV have location in their favour if you want quick access to the parks and the action around the BW, but it's always so busy around the lake we never get a sense that we've "gotten away" when we're there.

One of the big advantages to owning at DVC has been touched on previously - the ability to stay at peak times (Christmas and spring break) without having to fork over several extremities and your first-born. When we stayed 5 days from Dec 23-28 in a 2BR last year (my parents met us down there from Regina, so we had 6 in the room), the rack rate on that room for that time of year was roughly US$5000 - now I know almost no one pays rack rate, but there's no way we could have ever afforded to stay in a 2BR over Christmas without DVC.

- Mike

Just bought into DVC at the Beach Club, although yet to actually go there. Spent a couple of days with my daughter at All Star Movies in January and though staying on site was the cat's meow. Figured I would start taking the whole family, but needed more room, so bought 175 points, enough for a 2 bedroom week during March Break every second year.

You were practising your "no, thank you" mantra before you left!! WHAT happened???.....;)

AAHHH, yes, my DH reminded me...it happened to us too...160 points at BCV....

Adding on? "No thank you, no thank you, no thank you...."

....but 50 pts at SSR would be mighty nice!;)

Check out our signature!!:Pinkbounc :bounce:

I was gonna be strong and was until the bitter end!LOL

It was DD who broke down! Hey I have to blame it on someone!

I got my paperwork today! Boy that's a big package! I guess I have alot of reading to do tonight! They want it back in 7 days!

I am envious that you have your first trip "Home" already booked. With the cruise coming up will have to wait just a little bit longer!

It's been a good day all around! Paperwork, Print and "Disney Artist Plates" all showed up today! My boss is definately suspecting that I did not go to no "Lodge" in Ontario!LOL

mbb, enjoy planning your first trip "HOME"!

Scratch
:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter