Are you afraid of elevators?

rickety looking ones.

i was in an elevator that started rising then did a sudden stop. it dropped (not horribly fast) a few feet, stopped again. a couple of minutes later it started again and opened on the floor i had entered. worst part was the 2 co-workers in it with me who began hysterical screaming. i won't get in any elevator that has an abundance of passengers.

I work in a building with an ancient elevator prone to break downs. Whenever possible I use the stairs. Unfortunately I often have to take something downstairs that is to awkward to carry down stairs so I am forced to use the elevator. I also use the elevator when my knee, back or hip is causing me issues like now.

Yep I avoid elevators if I can. I blame it on moving to CA as a young teen right after the Loma Prieta earthquake and how people got stuck in elevators and in some small cases the elevators failed and apparently that got stuck in my head (impressionable age). Then I lived through northridge and that just solidified my elevator fears…perhaps I displaced my earthquake fear into elevators fear lol.

In general I have no fear of enclosed elevators. However, some glass walled elevators are on the outside of tourist attraction towers or some hotels have them that overlook interior courtyards. I’m a bit apprehensive about those.

I think it was the Top of the Rock observatory at Rockefeller Center in NYC that had a glass FLOOR elevator. :scared1::scared1: That was definitely scary.

In general I have no fear of enclosed elevators. However, some glass walled elevators are on the outside of tourist attraction towers or some hotels have them that overlook interior courtyards. I’m a bit apprehensive about those.

I think it was the Top of the Rock observatory at Rockefeller Center in NYC that had a glass FLOOR elevator. :scared1::scared1: That was definitely scary.
No glass elevators and no glass walkways either!

I am far more afraid of driving in a car than I am in an elevator. Tens of thousands of deaths and millions of serious injuries every year.

What does Steven Wright way? “I’m not afraid of heights, I’m afraid of widths.”

I don't like them.
Years ago I did a Hoover Dam tour, with a very long elevator ride down, I honestly don't remember going back up!
I had a nightmare that evening about the elevator falling. I've had scary elevator dreams ever since ( where the doors aren't even and you have to jump to get out)!
We did that tour too at Hoover Dam, and I remember that the trip down and up was very long! They packed us in like tuna, so we couldn't fall over if we wanted to LOL I wasn't scared of that one. I wonder if they still do those tours at Hoover Dam?

This has nothing to do with being stuck in an elevator, but it reminded me of an old elevator I rode in once.
My elderly aunts owned a book store in an old building in downtown. We visited once and they took us up to the 2nd floor to have lunch. The elevator was one of those old ones that had the gate across and you had to pull the door shut. It was sooo big that you could fit a large sofa in it. I really liked it and thought it was cool, but I was only a teenager. I don't think they have those old elevators anymore? It reminded me of those elevators you seen in the movies.

I just remembered an elevator I've been in that was rather memorable. I was probably about 5 or 6 and we went to the Gateway Arch. The elevator up to that one will make you wonder a bit for sure. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter