Are you an Introvert or an Extrovert

Are you an Introvert or Extrovert?

• Total voters
I'm definitely an introvert. I teach and I'm an academic advisor, both of which I love, but they are both things that I "perform" and find very draining. Once I get home, I don't talk much, but my husband is an introvert, too, so that's ok. :)

Totally agree. Sometimes I manage to make it a mission to do a specific thing that is more social, but I have to really make it a goal/task. Not to say that I don't enjoy it, but it's work of a sort.

I agree about the small talk. I've sort of learned to start some small talk with my students because "it's my job", but in other situations I don't really care if I seem standoffish. Your comment about saying things you regret reminds me of The Bloggess. Do you read her blog? She does the same thing. She's also a humorist, so she writes about her incidents in a funny way, too.
I have not heard of her. I will check her out!

I am an introvert who has to play the role of an extrovert at work. So I can do small talk, lead meetings, facilitate trainings, etc. But the whole time I am thinking about my solo run after work!

My wife is a huge extrovert and what has always made our difference clear to me is how we act after going to a social event - I am quiet and pretty drained and she is energized. She is always ready to talk about the party, who said what, what happened and I am always ready to sit down and read a book or take the dog for a walk.

I am an introvert who has to play the role of an extrovert at work. So I can do small talk, lead meetings, facilitate trainings, etc. But the whole time I am thinking about my solo run after work!
SAME!!! My job requires an outgoing personality of bubbles and positivity (sigh....so exhausting at times) and really, all I want to do is go for a run. 🤣

DH is an extrovert who *LOVES* people and being around others. He is a long distance runner and lives for the long "group runs" and sometimes, they just make me tired. 🤣

Great question @Scootin'By 👌 It's fun to see this side of our DIS friends.

Like many of you, I'm an introvert, but I play an extrovert at work. I don't really like small talk, but I've kind of figured out how to do it for about 60 seconds until that awkward pause when the weather just isn't interesting anymore .... But I'm really in my zone when at work talking to people about my passion, that really fills my tank. But after a day of talking to people, I just need to come home and sit. Which is hard, because my youngest daughter is definitely an extrovert and she just talks non-stop. Woof!

I love the “outgoing introvert” response. When I have been on calls all day at work, I find myself wanting to spend some solitary time working on something in the garage just because I am tired of listening to myself and others talk and want some quiet.
Making small talk? I’m usually horrible at it. Get me onto a technical subject or something that I am passionate about? I can babble on for quite some time. Put me in a new group? I tend to be quiet until I get comfortable, and then I open up after a bit. And I mentioned about having to force myself to be social sometimes and that comment was met with surprise. So how we perceive ourselves and how other people perceive us can be two different things sometimes.

This thread has given me more food for thought than I expected. IMHO, my DW would snort at the idea that I consider myself introverted. And part of it is that I want to participate in everything, because life is not a dress rehearsal. So, interacting with the street performers in the Disney parks, especially when they used to be in Hollywood Studios? Absolutely volunteered to be one of the people from the audience in one of the shows? Absolutely.
And after watching Survivor for the past few years with DW, I decided to quit yelling at the TV and get off the couch and applied. Do I necessarily want the spotlight of TV on me? Not so much, but I really love the idea of getting out there and competing in the various challenges and seeing how I can do. So I may not necessarily be an extrovert (not in the very outgoing manner of one of the daughters) but I do want to participate, and not just spectate.

And after watching Survivor for the past few years with DW, I decided to quit yelling at the TV and get off the couch and applied.
AWESOME! Best of luck getting cast!

Wow. Good for you. I still think the scariest thing I ever did in my life was apply/audition/go on Jeopardy, so I can sort of relate.
That's very cool! On a whim, I tried out for The Weakest Link years ago and ended up on the show. It was such a fun experience! Not nearly as nerve-wracking or hard as Jeopardy, I have to assume.

I'd love to do The Amazing Race but need to find a wiling race partner that I won't kill and/or divorce when it's over. 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter