Art the greeter at the Beach Club

CowboyJeff

DVC member
I was able to finally meet Art during our Beach Club stay last month. He is one of the kindest, most gentle souls you'll ever meet. God bless you, Art!!!

I always smile when I think of him. Ten years ago, when my children were small, they were upset that we had to split or stay between the Poly and Beach Club. They did not want to stay at the Beach Club. His warm smile and kind soul won them over.

I am so glad you posted this. Last I heard he was quite ill and I have searched the thread and was unable to find how he was doing. We will be at Beach Club in 8 days and I can't wait to talk to Art again. He always brings such Magic to our family.

He is a real gem for Disney! DH and I met him July 07. He went out of his way to go get us an anniversary pin that is no longer available. We were very sad that he was out sick last December on our trip and this past October. We are keeping our fingers crossed that he will be there in April! our DDs are really excited to meet him. DH and I bought a special frame that lights up and our fave picture is in that frame. It's the picture of us with Art. Our girls had seen him on the Samantha Brown special and our oldest wanted us to ask if he still had the pin he traded with her. He was just so darn excited that she asked. He can make anyone's day special!

thanks Art!

We have the picture of our family with Art from our trip in May 2006 hanging in a frame in our kitchen- look at him everyday. Really was dissapointed when the DVC website changed- he used to be in the intro video for the beach club villas resort! I was very excited to meet him, and he couldnt have been nicer!

Our trip is missing a little something if my dd doesn't get to say hi to Art!! Even if we aren't staying at BC or BW, we have to make the trek over to say hi. I did get to talk with Art in Sept...he said he was so thankful and blesses by all the well-wishers here, on the DIS boards. He said that his doctors were amazed at how well he recuperated..he said that he told them it was the prayers of his WDW friends that got him through.
I know Art won't be standing there, in the BC lobby forever, but as far as my dd and I are concerned, we will always 'see' him there, greeting everyone with that famous smile and salute!!! He is truly a Disney treasure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter