ASMU vs Dolphin/CSR = talk me out of switching!

Pig Pen

To all who have come to this happy place...welcome
I just learned via Mousesavers that Disney is offering deep discounts at ASMU ($59) on dates I will be at WDW in Sept.

I am paying an AP rate of $104 at CSR and the gov't rate of $129 at Dolphin. I will purchase the APs when we arrive and plan at least one more WDW trip during the next year to make good use of them.

Should I try to save some $$ and switch my ressies to ASMU?

DH says it doesn't matter to him. I would love to stay at mod/deluxes at least once in my lifetime and this may be my only opportunity.

DH and I are traveling alone and we are seeking some relaxation.

Coronado looks like a beautiful resort. Dolphin is convenient to Epcot and MGM and is perfect for my plan to return to the hotel for a midday rest and swim.

ASMU is probably full of Disney magic, bustle, and kids.

Are the big savings worth giving up some quiet and relaxation? Or should I rationalize the expense by using my AP later on and staying "cheap" then?

Jeez. I still need to make some decisions on my PS's too! Off to the restaurant boards.

I've never stayed at All Stars. My friend always made fun of me for spending the money at the moderates. She enjoyed it and went on her last trip before she started chemo and had a good time. She always went with her daughters and last time sister and cousin. She didn't mention lots of kids, etc, but said her daughters (in their twenties) enjoyed the pool.

DH and I upgraded to a moderate for our anniversary in June staying at WL. Doing it again I would have saved money and went with CSR which is a beautiful resort. Having seen the Dolphin from the water it looks beautiful as well. I don't think for a romantic trip for he and I, that I would choose All Stars. The way my kids describe it is that they look "cheesy". The money from All Stars to a moderate, to me, is worth it. I don't think its worth the money from a moderate to a deluxe unless you have a great deal.

Csr is beautiful, relaxing and to me romantic esp at night. Walking around the grounds is great.

No matter what you decide I'm sure you will have a good time.

We stayed at ASMO in Dec 2001. There were 6 of us and it felt very hectic (I wasn't certain if it was because of the resort atmosphere or if I was just stressed out from playing tour guide for my group)!

DH just called me from work and said, you know we could do alot of special things with the money we would save by switching....

He also seems to think that because we are going in September that there won't be alot of kids at WDW!

What planet is he living on?

You only live once, splurge for the mod/or deluxe!

We are Dolphin/Swan lovers, and I think it would be a perfect resort for the two of you! You can easily walk to Epcot and MGM, or take a nice cruise on one of the Friendship boats.

We enjoyed CSR when we stayed there in August of 99, but we enjoy the Dolphin and Swan even more!

Stay at the Swan/Dolphin!!! I just got back last week from a trip with my husband and we stayed at the Swan. It's great for a walk around the Boardwalk, late nite entertainment all about you and who can pass up the ease of walking to Epcot or MGM without boarding a bus? I have stayed with my daughters at the All Stars and it doesn't compare to a deluxe. I personally like the Swan as it is smaller and easier to navigate, close car parking, and a beautiful surroundings. We had a room on the 9th floor and could see fireworks at nite from the MK, even had a balcony! I am an RN so we stayed there with the nurses rate, a great deal and I will be back.

I love the AS, but since you have good rates at the others, I wouldn't switch my ressies.

You will have the convenience of the Epcot resorts, the boardwalk, Epcot, MGM. I would concentrate on these while you are there. When you move to CSR do the MK and AK and spend time relaxing at that resort. AS is fun, but not much to do/see.

You can plan a more commando style trip later and do the AS. You never know, though. You may get some great codes then, too.

We decided to go a day earlier and stay at ASMU! We are driving down and were going to take our time. Instead, we will leave earlier, drive longer stretches and stay onsite one additional night.

Can you believe it?

I made the ressie this a.m. so we will be at ASMU the night of Sept 19 (SURVIVOR premiere is that night too), move to CSR on the 20 & 21, then to the Dolphin till Sept 28!

This will really give us a wide range of experiences at the value, moderates, and deluxes.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I really hated to give up the convenience of the Dolphin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter