• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

At DHS EMH [Sunday 8/4] & won’t get a single ride in...

Madame

DIS Veteran
Normally we only ride a few rides and are done for the day & are satisfied. Got to DHS EMH & it’s ridiculous.

Slinky was already 105 when we finally got in, so got in TSMM posted at 60.... and barely moved. Now 105 with only one track running.

FP will start slowing us down in 15 mins and we are not even inside. ToT is 75 with one tower running & my boys don’t do ToT or RnR.

I rarely visit GS, but geez. WWYD keeping in mind that we understand that stuff breaks down? It’s so disheartening, but I hate complaining & know the CMs are going to have a difficult morning.

I wouldn't complain to the CMs working the attractions. However, if you're disappointed, I don't think there's anything wrong with calmly expressing your disappointment at guest services.
Yes no one is complaining to the attraction CMs.

EMH includes so many hotels (non-Disney) now I don’t even think it makes much of a difference at this point. That really stinks.
Yes, at least I finally understand to avoid EMH lol. It’s been getting worse, but this is my breaking point. Apparently the EMM event at MK, 7D was down....

What time did you arrive?
Not as early as we should have - cleared bag check at 7:55. Boats didn’t start until 7:30 from BWV - got to the launch at 6:55 as I could have sworn they started at 6:30 for EMH before. Just a comedy of errors this AM.

As I said I don’t expect a lot, is one ride too much to ask between 8:00 & 9:00? I don’t think so but YMMV. Still not on the ride at 9:06.

Yes, at least I finally understand to avoid EMH lol. It’s been getting worse, but this is my breaking point. Apparently the EMM event at MK, 7D was down....
I don’t even bother with the morning hours. It’s the start of the day for everyone so it’s just going to get worse and worse (and it’s only an hour). Night time isn’t bad and lines keep getting better as time goes on.

I hope your day gets better. I plan to hit the EMH at HS next month. they are 6am - 9 am and so i will be walking from BCV around 5:15/5:30. I think with 3 hrs of EMH that we may have a shot at SWGE and maybe a ride on SDD. Love SDD but we did a EMM in April so we sort of got our fix then.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day. Pixie dust wishes.

Also wanted to add that I think the boats do start earlier than that. Last month, I stayed in one of the deluxe rooms at Dolphin. Those big green round balconies have horrible soundproofing and the blaring boat horn woke me up ungodly early.

Similar opening start for me at EP one morning when test track broke down.

Had I planned to ride Soarin' first I might not even had known. But by the time I'm at TT the line for Soarin' was an hour & growing quickly as groups opted to head that way. Mission Space wasn't open yet. I rode Spaceship earth during EMH (ouch), then Mission Space when it opened. Then TT as it opened (luck of the draw to be there as they open the line). That day was just a bust, the rest were not.

If things go south during am EMH, I would try to line up for headliners that aren't open yet (easier at MK & EP I know).

Another option, if you have it, is to park hop & be at another for RD. This usually requires a decision be made at the point of transportation at resort to change parks. I did this when a bus wasn't coming for the emh park, as time wore on we just gave up & took a bus to a different park & bought ourselves another hour to make it to RD. This is harder now that Disney has us overcommitting to dining plans & pre-made FP's. But with our daily successes for same day FP's & a call to Disney dining, I'd probably still opt to switch parks. Another reason to stay QS flexible & not make visits so food centric.

If by EMM at MK you mean the special ticketed event - we did that once and 7DMT was down. They ended up giving us unlimited FP entry for something like 2 hours once it was back up. Seems like it was back up around 9am and we were able to ride it until we were sick of it - haha! At first it was disappointing but then we realized we had more time to eat breakfast and do other stuff so it turned out better in the end. I'm sorry your early morning hour has been a disappointment - I don't blame you for the frustration. I haven't been to DHS for about a year (going soon) and from watching people's videos of it on YT it just seems like a mess there in many ways.

We only RD the MK now. I have plans to do AM EMH at AK in November, though. The only time we did it we had a great morning.

I just think HS is an absolute mess at RD these days.

Similar opening start for me at EP one morning when test track broke down.

Had I planned to ride Soarin' first I might not even had known. But by the time I'm at TT the line for Soarin' was an hour & growing quickly as groups opted to head that way. Mission Space wasn't open yet. I rode Spaceship earth during EMH (ouch), then Mission Space when it opened. Then TT as it opened (luck of the draw to be there as they open the line). That day was just a bust, the rest were not.

If things go south during am EMH, I would try to line up for headliners that aren't open yet (easier at MK & EP I know).

Another option, if you have it, is to park hop & be at another for RD. This usually requires a decision be made at the point of transportation at resort to change parks. I did this when a bus wasn't coming for the emh park, as time wore on we just gave up & took a bus to a different park & bought ourselves another hour to make it to RD. This is harder now that Disney has us overcommitting to dining plans & pre-made FP's. But with our daily successes for same day FP's & a call to Disney dining, I'd probably still opt to switch parks. Another reason to stay QS flexible & not make visits so food centric.
Yes! All of this! I thought about going over to EP, but we were really stuck in the TSMM line, never would have made RD at EP anyway & dining reservations:/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter