Attention AWM and Nemomom

Spoke w/ Buffy about an hour ago..during her 20 minute layover..they were in a rush to get to another gate.... she should be home in an hour or so I would hope (well, at least to the airport)..

She sent me a photo of princess.... she looks like she is holding her own and is being a tough little cookie.....

She does appreciate and thank all of you for the pixie dust and prayers!!!

sending pixiedust:and lots of :hug: to you both.
I'm sure she is happy her mommy is coming home :love:
take care!:flower3:

Buffy texted about 4pm she was headed to her house from the airport... she said she was exhausted...as I'm sure she is..... so hopefully she'll give us a little update tomorrow.. if not, I'll let you know what I find out as we have plans to chit-chat tomorrow....

Make sure she knows not to stress about my swap. If she would rather keep what she made than deal with post office stuff right now, I can make her pages from scratch here. Just let me know which way she would rather go with this.

Family always comes first! :hug::hug:

Oh, so sorry to hear about this - both for DD's arm and for the stress of having to fly home from vacation early. I hope the little princess heals well and quickly. :wizard:

just saw this! Buffy, I'm so sorry! Sending pixie dust and prayers to you and DD!!! :hug:

Thanks for keeping everyone updated Nan!

Today we had our first visit to the ortho at Childrens Hospital. I have nothing but praise for this group!!!! They rock!

Got a little more info as well. DD has what's called a green branch break. Both bones in the forearm are broken but usually one breaks higher up closer to the elbow. Thankfully DD's didn't do that, they both broke in the same spot.
With the green branch break it basically breaks like a fresh twig would on a tree. The top part breaks but the bottom bows. DH said her forearm was the shape of a V when he got to her. I'm kinda glad I didn't see that our I would have killed the kid that did it to her.

We have to go back for weekly xrays but if in 3 weeks nothing has shifted we get to go to a lower arm cast so she can move her elbow. If things do shift we are probably looking at surgery. We won't know for sure for 3 more weeks though.

She's doing ok, she gets tired quickly because carrying the cast is not easy but she refuses a sling. Mom was going to make one for her out of silky pink material it was a no go. She also refuses to take her pain meds, only willing to take motrin. LOL Nan is right, she is one tough cookie.

I also found out she woke up while they were setting and casting even though she had morphine and cetamine (spelling). She is apparently just like mom and DH when it comes to meds. She needs a boat load to knock her out.
They absolutely loved her at Children's. She even talked them into a pink cast which is beyond rare to get in the ER.

We are going to pre-K orientation Friday but I think we will wait til the cast comes off to start school. Poor thing can't even pull her pants down to potty and they won't help her do that or wipe.

thanks for the well wishes!! She loves her DIS Aunties and says thanks for the lovin's.

Pixie Dust that it heals up nicely for our tough little Princess.

I didn't know someone did it to her. I'm not sure what I would have done either.

yep, she was sitting in the bed of dad's truck (not moving, in the yard). DS14 told her and the boys to get out. Well, while she was climbing over the tailgate (something she's done a thousand times) this brat kid came over and flipped the latch of the tailgate and walked away. Apparently he is the kid of my Dad's doctor. DH asked me if I'd ever seen a kid who just looked evil and I had said yes, this was one of those kids.

He had been looking to do something bad all day, and this was his opportunity.

Tell her that Mom will make the sling out of a pink feathery boa!!!! Tell her Auntie Nan would wear a pink one...and PJ said she'd wear a purple one!!! She is so much like me... I don't take pain meds either... I don't like to take meds period..... :hug: to my girl!!!

What a brat!!! Tell Princess that next time she sees that boy to give him the evil eye!!!! PJ can teach her!!!!

Buffy!! I just saw this!! I hope DD is healing well. So sorry you had to come home early!

Pixie Dust from CA!

Sending more PD to your princess...the evil boy needs a good talkin to!
Good choice on the pink cast, its what every princess would getprincess:
hope she heals up quick! :hug: from my princess: to your princess:

I really wish there was a such thing as Karma. But I've seen too many bad people get away with things, like that boy, without repercussions. :sad1:

I think a furry lime green sling would look stunning with a pink cast. :cutie:

Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Give her some loving from rhode island. :lovestruc

So sorry to hear about your daughter -- mine broke her arm at the beginning of second grade and it's not fun.

Some tips/advice that worked for us:

1) For bathing wrap the arm in Press-and-Seal (you know the wrap with all the little polka dots in it) It was wonderful and pretty much airtight. Seran Wrap just wants to undo itsel -- or get into a tight wad.

2) We got my daughter a micro-bead pillow which sat on her desk. It was perfect because it didn't slip around and the cast just molded itself in the pillow. You used to be able to find them for about $5 at Walgreens. The doctor wanted her arm elevated.

3) We did "embellish" her sling -- she was required by the doc to wear one. Can you say lots of ribbon and bling?

4) Recess -- she was not allowed out there. Her arm broke in two places and the swelling was so bad they had a temp cast put on for three weeks and then the "real" one. I felt bad for her sitting in the library every lunch so I would go over and we would sit outside the front door on a bench so she could get fresh air.

5) Get her a sharpie with a clip on it so her friends can sign the cast and she won't loose the pen. We clipped our's to the sling that your daughter doesn't want.

Good luck to you and your family!

I am glad the doctors you are working with are very good. I hope she get comfortable with things soon.

Rebecca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter