• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aug. 21, 2004 Eastern Magic check in list

Andy I hope your Mom got good news as she went back home! It looks like Frances was just awful.:( Please keep us posted about how she is doing.

Best wishes to all the kids headed back to school this morning. DS started last week and DD goes for her "playtime with the teacher" at Pre-K this morning then really starts tomorrow. I miss summer already!!!!

Is anyone else starting a post cruise diet? I gained 4 pounds!:eek: (It sure was fun though)

My kids are begging for a trip to the world, I think we are all suffering from a big case of vacation let down!::yes::

Mike and family,Glad you made it back safe and sound...was thinking about you trying to get home.

We also had a great time on the cruise. I can't believe that it has only been a week since we got home...have been so busy since we got home that I feel like I never left!!

Looks like it will be August 19, 2006 when we get back on board........Ohhhhhh don't think I can wait that long......

Andy, I hope you Mom is doing Ok and can get back home soon.

My mom was able to get back to her community on Monday afternoon. There was minimal damage done to her mobile home, she also lost a few trees, and her yard was underwater. Her area still doesn't have any power so she went back to her friends house for a few more days. Hopefully, Ivan will stay away from Florida. I think Florida has suffered enough!!!

Post cruise diet started here last Wednesday, LOL, oh those desserts, I just couldn't resist them!!!

Good to hear about your Mom Andy, glad it was only mostly cosmetic damage.
I can't help but wonder what Floridians did to have two (and potentially three) devastating hurricanes within a month of each other.

It does feel like a long time since we got off Denise. Shelby and I should have stowed away. I could have stayed in the Galley after the tour. I can see the dessert chef asking "where did all the creme brulee cheesecake go??" while I snicker in the corner, scraping the plates clean with a fork and savoring the evidence.

It's been baking here - 101 on Sunday and burning up yesterday at DL. Hopefully the weather will be good enough for everyone else too.

Alan

Wow. Home and finally catching up on e-mail. Me and the kids.... Chelsea, Karli, and Emilie.... were to be at WDW after the cruise until 9/3. Being on vacation, I wasn't really paying attentio to the news, and being from CA, I had no experience with hurricanes. So, by the time Wednesday rolled around, it was already too late to get an earlier flight out. We were supposed to leave on Friday. We FINALLY got a flight back home late Tuesday 9/7/04. It was a LONG week-end. Emilie got a cold the last day of the cruise, then chelsea and karli got it. I am still wiped out from trying to hole it all together during those LONG days. Will write more later. ~Jennifer

Glad to hear that you made it back home safe and sound Jennifer. It sure was nice meeting you in the terminal and on the Magic, that Emilie sure is a sweetie!!!

Jennifer,
Sounds like quite and end to your trip. Hope everyone is feeling better.
It was a pleasure running into you and the girls here and there.

Verandah Man......can i have the link to your website.....I can't find it, and now want to look at the pics of the people cruising.... Thanks!!!

Originally posted by jweiss
Verandah Man......can i have the link to your website.....I can't find it, and now want to look at the pics of the people cruising.... Thanks!!!

It's www.verandahman.com if you click on 8-21-04 Cruise List, you we see some of those who we sailed with.

Wow Jennifer!!

Glad you finally made it back! It was a pleasure meeting you on the cruise!

Scott

Hi All,
I got home from work today and found a wonderful postcard from Mickey and the Gang. (Thankyou Andy).

I can't believe we have been home a month already. We had such a fabulous time.

Our top 5:

1 - Snorkeling at Coki Beach in St. Thomas
2 - Seeing Ducky Williams draw
3 - Winning a Pluto drawing (it is now framed and hanging in our living room next to "Pals Playing Pirates at Castaway Cay")
4 - Total relaxation
5 - Meeting Disers - seeing familiar faces throughout the ship.

Sarah - Thankyou for the lightup pens. My boys love them.

Andy - Thankyou for planning the bunch, my husband and I really enjoyed it.

We rebooked while on board :tongue: - (currently a Sept 05 date) - We will switch to an 06 date when they open up. Did anyone else rebook? If so, when are you headed back?

Hope everyone is adjusting well to life in the real world.

Sue

We also rebooked and want to move to 06. I think the new dates will open up this week, maybe Wed.;)

My son won a drawing also (he took the Minnie for DD) but I have not framed it yet. Actually I had sort of forgotten, I need to do that this week! Mr. Williams was so talented, we went to watch both times!

Wow, the Disboards were certainly lucky at the Ducky Williams sessions. We won a Simba drawing which we still need to get framed. We were at the same one you were at Susan, and while I know we didn't meet formally I thought to myself "Hey she looks familiar, she was on Andy's website as Colestat."

By the way Andy-Mickey, it's amazing how with all the worrying you must be doing with your mother that you can still remember to send relative strangers postcards. That's truly remarkable and a testament to your big heart. We got ours this afternoon, and like Susan, it seems like we were just there. Thanks so much, Shelby and I appreciate the thought.

We are on for July 17th '05, although with it being six days and all, we may convince ourselves to take a seven-day from Orlando instead during December '05. Christmas is suuuure nice on board (and that time is less-expensive too), although I don't know if we could bear the Magic being next door and us not on it.

Decisions, decisions... oh well, time to get back to studying microbiology. :rolleyes:

Alan

Hazel and I rebooked while onboard for October 2005 to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary. It will just be the two of us. This past Saturday, we booked ourselves for the special 4 day sailing of the Magic on January 4, 2005. We usually don't book vacations during the winter months, but we said, what the heck, let's go for it. This will be our first vacation, for the two of us by ourselves, since Angelina came into our lives. We met a great DIS'er family, that lives near my mom in Florida this past August, and we will be cruising with them in January.

It was great getting to meet all of you in August.

BTW, my mom is doing well, she did evacuate again for Hurricane Jeanne, and when she arrived back home yesterday, her yard was under water and she didn't have any power. We have started calling my mom "Hurricane Vi." I even told her she should change her e-mail address from "floridamomma318" to "Hurricane_Vi" she didn't think that was very funny though!!!

We have the Ducky Williams painting that I won during the silent auction on our living room wall as well. The litho that we were given on the ship is being framed, and once we pick that up from the store, it will be joining Ducky's other painting on our wall.

Well, it's time to get ready for work.

Andy

Hi all..

I can't believe it has been a month since we disembarked.....what a month it has been.

We got our postcard that we mailed to ourselves from CC in yesterdays mail.

We are also planning on going back in 2006 probably the same week we did this year, it should be the 3rd week of August.

Andy, I am glad you mom is making out OK with her rash of hurricaines.

Hope everyone is doing well and getting back into the "school routine"!!!

Wow, thanks for the postcard! What a nice surprise to remind us of our MAGICal holiday. My girls wish that they could live on the Magic :) and boy do I sure wish that I could say that we'd rebooked, but someday, maybe, who knows......

What a FUN surprise to get another post card from Mickey!!! It will go in the scrapbook with all the others. I hope that Mickey always knows how much these "little" touches mean to the recipients!!!

p.s. Parental rights on Emilie's bio parents were terminated last week.........A huge step in our lives.....

Parental rights on Emilie's bio parents were terminated last week.........A huge step in our lives.....

Congratulations, we know that feeling all too well!!!!!!!!!

Andy :wave2:

I loved the postcard Andy - it really made my day. That is great that you and your wife will get a trip alone. You certainly deserve it.

It is so hard to believe that it was only a month ago that we were on the ship. It doesn't look like we will do another Disney cruise until 2006 and definitely not in August lol

I will, however, get my Mickey fix this Jan with a long weekend trip to WDW and in Feb. we are going to California for a week and will spend part of that time at Disneyland.

Regards.
Gayle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter