• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aug. 21, 2004 Eastern Magic check in list

I am thinking about the summer of 06 as well but was thinking of doing a week in July to avoid stressing over hurricane season.

It seems like such a long time to wait lol

Getting ready to return to work next Tuesday and just dropped $60 at the teacher's store today. The summer vacation is just never long enough.

Gayle

I am thinking about the summer of 06 as well but was thinking of doing a week in July to avoid stressing over hurricane season.

That's why DW and I decided that the two of us will take a cruise sometime next Spring.

We would love to do 2005 but with just buying the house I don't know that we can swing it...I was seriously contemplating doing a 4 day however...a nice long weekend.....

Glad everyone is getting home and back to "real life". We also are back at school and sports.:teeth: I am sorry that we missed the meet but did get to see Cheer Mom and Verandah Man! I would have liked to get to know everyone. We also are looking at 2006 summer, but maybe June as I found it hard to be ready for school with going in Aug. We all had a wonderful time and can not wait to return!:teeth:

We are also looking at doing another cruise in August of 06. DH is trying to talk his brother & his family to come with us. However, his brother doesn't like Disney:earseek: :earseek:
But his wife really wants to go. We'll see.

Jennifer

Reading the "Amazing Rescues at sea" thread somehow reminded me of this...

Does anyone know what the deal was with the person who had be flown back to the mainland for medical reasons? Or for that matter, if they made it okay.

Alan

Originally posted by goingbacksoon
Reading the "Amazing Rescues at sea" thread somehow reminded me of this...

Does anyone know what the deal was with the person who had be flown back to the mainland for medical reasons? Or for that matter, if they made it okay.

Alan

Our tablemates told us that it was a woman that might have been suffering through an etopic(sp) pregnancy. That was the latest that I heard.

My DH seams to think that the person was dead because the person was covered with a tarp and no one was tending to the person. I don't know I wasn't there to see. I would like to know what did happen.

We also are waiting to book for either late June, early July 2006. My kids start school tomorrow and we don't like coming off vacation mode right into school mode. This is the first time we have ever taken a late vacation during the summer. We like to go away as soon as the kids finish with school. It gives us all a break! Hope to see some of you again.

I also heard it was pregnancy related. I saw her get into the life boat. She was sitting in a wheelchair with an IV hooked up to her. She looked good to me. Her husband and small son got in the lifeboat with her.

Jennifer

Well everyone, it certainly looks like we got out just in time to avoid facing Frances' wrath. While I'm sure they are enjoying their cruise, it must be tough to be waiting out the storm in Galveston knowing the impending damage it will cause to the Florida coast. I had joked to Shelby before that maybe being stuck out at sea wouldn't be so bad, but when you think of the circumstances that cause you to potentially stay out at sea, it doesn't seem so rosy.

Andy, how's your mother holding up?

Prayers to her, and to everyone in Frances' path.

Alan

Originally posted by goingbacksoon
Well everyone, it certainly looks like we got out just in time to avoid facing Frances' wrath. While I'm sure they are enjoying their cruise, it must be tough to be waiting out the storm in Galveston knowing the impending damage it will cause to the Florida coast. I had joked to Shelby before that maybe being stuck out at sea wouldn't be so bad, but when you think of the circumstances that cause you to potentially stay out at sea, it doesn't seem so rosy.

Andy, how's your mother holding up?

Prayers to her, and to everyone in Frances' path.

Alan

I just this minute got off the phone with my mom. My mom will be heading to her friend's house about 11 miles away to the city of Deland on Friday afternoon. My mom lives in a mobile home, so it will be safer for her to go in town. My mom has been in Florida, all of six weeks, and is getting ready to go through her second hurricane. I told my mom to call us once Frances passes her area so that we know she is safe and sound. I know she, and all those in the path of Frances, appreciate your prayers!!!

Andy

Andy I am glad your mom is going some place safe. A mobile home is not a good place to ride out a storm.

Gayle

Our prayers also go out to Andy and his mom. Please let us know when you hear from her.....

Hi guys! Just got home today, after a wonderful week at WDW. We had so much fun on the cruise. and enjoyed meeting all of you. I would like to add my thanks to Andy for setting up the brunch.
Andy, hope all is well with your mom.
Kristin had a great time meeting so many new friends and hopes to keep in touch with them.
Back to reality on Tues.
Thanks again to everyone.

We just called my mom at her friend's house which is about a 45 minute drive north of Orlando. They are getting lots of rain and strong winds. The way Frances is moving so slow, it could be a few days before my mom is allowed back to her home.

We've been so swamped since we got home last Sunday night I haven't had a chance to post, but just wanted to say our family had one our best vacations EVER!

Even after 6 cruises, they just keep getting better.

Emily & Alex had a blast and loved meeting so many new friends. I'm sure you'll be hearing from them soon.

Ironically, as our beloved Castaway Cay was being pounded by Frances, we were out today getting a new car to replace the one we had totaled by Hurricane Alex last month.

It's back to school, soccer, and life on the proverbial hamster wheel come Tuesday.

Everyone enjoy the weekend!

Linda:wave2:

I was just talking with my mom. The house that she is staying in is about 25-30 miles west of New Smyrna Beach, FL.

My mom said that they lost their electric about 7am this morning and are getting hit with 60-70 mph winds and very heavy rains. I'm just hoping that when my mom gets back to her mobile home community her home is still standing.

Please continue to pray for all those effected by Frances.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter