• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aug. 21, 2004 Eastern Magic check in list

Hmm... I think we have everything in there now. *Sits on suitcases to close them* Hopefully so.... :cool:

Nah, not as bad as I thought actually. Just a few last essentials in the morning before we head off for a 5AM car pickup. Hopefully the Friday morning rush won't be terrible, nor will our bags be selected for thorough search.

Safe travels for all! See you all soon!

Alan

Alan if we don't cross paths in the rainforest we will certainly see you at the Promenade Deck Lounge

Have a safe trip.

Gayle (who still has not packed yet)

Ok. It's 1:30 this morning and I think we're finally packed and ready to go. Just have to change the voice mail at work and we're all set. We'll leave for the airport @7am.

See everyone down there!

Linda

PS: These were the kids today - :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I can't beleive the day it today. Well to travel. Im so excited. Just a few last things to pack and we are ready. The dreadful thing is making sure the fridge is cleaned out and all garbage is gone. Oh well at least I dont' have to clean up for a week. That will be a nice break.

Happy and safe travels to everyone. See ya after the drill

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:

:thewave:

My family and I will be at the Radisson tonight (Friday) afterall. For those who we don't meet at the Radisson, we will be looking for you at the terminal or on the ship!!!

Well we just got home about 45 minutes ago. WOW....what a trip! It was awesome. I hope everyone makes it home safely. Talk to everyone tomorrow, I've got to get some sleep.

Jennifer

We just got back tonight. Now we have souvenirs and luggage strewn all about the living room.... the sign of a good trip! We had a blast, and I hope everyone else did too. My sentiments exactly Jennifer, WOW!

It was so nice meeting everyone, the Monday brunch group, Linda, Jennifer [(jweiss) and the ultra cute baby to boot], Andy and Hazel and Angelina. There are others I met too, but I can't think right now. It feels like 1:30 AM because we're still on FL time.

Had a rum cake for dessert, and it made me want to go right back to the airport and head on another cruise!

More tomorrow!

Alan

Ok, now that I have gotton some sleep and unpacked most of our suitcases, I want to tell everyone what a wonderful trip that was. I really enjoyed meeting everyone....Andy & Hazel, Denise & Rex, Mike & Vicki and everyone else. Andy, I want to thank you for setting up the meet at the Radisson, and the brunch at Palo. You are so great!
I have to say that St. Thomas was my favorite (besides Castaway Cay). It was such a beautiful island...beyond words.
We had wonderful tablemates. Carl, Dawn, and thier girls Sophie, and Kirsten. They were from England. I can't say enough good things about them. Our servers were Subhash from India...he was great and Baiyok...she was not. Actually, halfway through the cruise, they removed her, and a different guy took her place. Not sure what his name was. He was SO much better than her.
Well, that's it for now. My kids want to go to the pool.

Jennifer

We just walked in the door about 45 minutes ago. We woke up this morning in Santee, SC with Tropical Storm Gaston knocking on our motel room door. The parking lot at our motel was nearly completely under water. We jumped in the car and headed north. We ran into some heavy rain bands and strong winds, but we made it home safe and sound!!!!!

Now, it's time to unpack the suitcases, and get back to reality.

We had a MAGICal time, and it was "GREAT" meeting "EVERYONE," I even met a fellow DIS'er in the DCL Terminal as we were gathering our suitcases to leave.

Let's see, this time last Sunday, my family was having our Formal Night dinner in Animator's Palate. Oh, the memories!!!!!

Wow, at least you only hit the bad weather in your transit to/from Florida, Andy For the cruise though, we had smooth and silky seas.

And yes, at this time, Shelby and I were enjoying dinner in Parrot Cay in our formal attire.

Good meeting Angelina, Hazel, and you Andy.

Alan

Same here Alan, it was fun meeting and bumping into you and Shelby in the hallway!!!

It was sad leaving the ship, but it sure is nice to be home again!!!

:wave2:

Andy I am so glad you made it home in one piece. It was fun meeting everyone.

The cruise was awesome - I am now trying to figure out how to swing another one in the near future.

It is hard to get back to the real world - no one was putting my napkin on my lap and serving me today lol

St. Thomas was my favorite - St. John was beautiful as well.

We sat with a very nice family from Long Island and our servers were Liam and Nos and they were wonderful.

Gayle

We got home last night around 9:30. It was a nice trip. It was nice meeting all of you. Thanks Gayle for setting up the brunch at Palo's Mike and enjoyed it.

Dinner at Palo's was great. Our best dinner. We feel that the dinners were the best and the buffet was not very good. The pizza and hamburgers were good. So was room service. The kids had a blast. I am glad that they had the lab for them.

We loved the St. Thomas stop. We are going to vacation there next. Puerto Rico stop wasn't to great for us. Castaway Cay was the best snorkeling that we every saw. We were very pleased with Serenity Bay. The family beach wasn't that great. We didn't appreciate the life guards yelling at us (Me and DH) to put a life vest on when we snorkeled on that beach. We could swim without the vest. Didn't make sence to us. Because of the storm we didn't have very much time there. As soon as we got off the boat we took the kids to the club and then we went to Serenity Bay. We snorkeled so long that I missed Cookies bbq. :rolleyes: oh well the snorkeling was well worth it. That is one of the highlight of our trip. We didn't like that the pools closed@ 12. We also didn't like all the kids running around after 12. Would have been nice if there was a curfew for the kids. Other than that we had a great time. The weather was great. :bounce: :bounce:

Hope all of you had a great trip

Sarah is the one to thank for setting up the brunch. I had nothing to do with setting it up.

We enjoyed our dinner at Palo's also, the chocolate souffle was to die for. I wasn't crazy about the buffet and we never ate dinner there only lunch a few times.

We didn't get to snorkle because of the storm but Disney refunded our equipment rental money so we will have to save that activity for another trip. That is too bad that you missed out on the BBQ - it was delicious.

I agree with you about Puerto Rico - I don't need to go there again. I would love to try out a resort on St. Thomas, though.

I noticed those kids running around at all hours also, I agree there should be better supervision of them late at night.

Gayle

San Juan was nice, but it wasn't as tourist friendly as Charlotte Amalie in St. Thomas. It looked as metropolitan as any other U.S. city. On the plus side though, the rainforest was beautilful (albeit with chilly water in the falls) and good prices on rum. :drinking1:

Palo brunch was probably the best meal we had the whole trip, but not far behind was Palo dinner, captain's gala, and the pirate menu.

Sarah thank you for making the reservations for the brunch. It was great. :D

Was looking at the pictures last night. I want to go back. We took over a thousand pictures. Lots to go thru for the scrapbook. I am starting on that today.

Have a great day, and welcome home.:wave2:

Just wanted to say that it was really great to meet fellow DISers on board! We had a fabulous brunch on Sunday (Thanks Andy!!). It was nice to walk around the ship and see people that you know!

We are planning on going again in 2006 probably the same week. ANybody else??

I hope everyone had a safe journey home and you are all getting back into routine....since school is starting soon.......:earseek:

More like started already Denise, lol. Another year, another set of classes to conquer. Now I just need to get those darn books!

I miss having gourmet meals... pizza hut just doesn't cut it, hehe.

Alan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter