August 2010 anyone?

My heart is breaking for you. I know how disappointed you must be. Surely she had a good reason? Could you possibly get someone else to go with you? Keeping my fingers crossed for you that it can be resolved.:grouphgeug:

Yes i am very very disappointed , her first visit and her birthday, no one could go at the last minute, couldnt even give a free trip away!! she told me her grandfather was rushed to the hospital but i dont think that is the case. i have had a hard time getting in touch with her for the past few weeks so i dont know what the issue is. Oh well I am heartbroken had so much planned for our vist but, what can you do. I cant dwell on it and disappoint the rest of my family, :confused:

I am so sorry for what has happened to your vacation...Is there anyway it can be resolved before you go? Can someone else go with you? Maybe a solo trip?
Or just with your granddaughter?
There must be a good reason.
Sending pixie dust your way so that it works out..
Bonnie:grouphug:

thanks for the nice thoughts and pixie dust. they were coming along with me DD and my boyfriend ( DBF?) so I'm not alone. I was just so looking forward to taking her for her first time, and of course the whole thing was paid in full. This was 11:30 yesterday she cancelled and we were leaving at 1AM so no one could drop everything and go. We are here in our hotel room in georgia and will be getting to disney tomorrow. Sad, but i cant let it get me down. its all good, we are going

I have our ponchos - but question - are umbrellas allowed? I'm guessing not..

we're on the plane in about 8 hours!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Yes, we brought our umbrellas on both of our trips to Disney in our backpack that we take into the parks. We also have ponchos. They always check your backpacks and there has never been a problem. Take your smallest umbrellas so that your backpack won't be to heavy. It is much better to have them and not have to use them then need them and not have them. I

I don't know if they are allowed on the planes but they should be on the check in luggage if not in the carry on.

thanks for the nice thoughts and pixie dust. they were coming along with me DD and my boyfriend ( DBF?) so I'm not alone. I was just so looking forward to taking her for her first time, and of course the whole thing was paid in full. This was 11:30 yesterday she cancelled and we were leaving at 1AM so no one could drop everything and go. We are here in our hotel room in georgia and will be getting to disney tomorrow. Sad, but i cant let it get me down. its all good, we are going

So sorry!!! Don't let it ruin your trip, you will still have a GREAT time! How was your drive?? We are leaving tomorrow night (well, Sat am, around 2am), so excited, we will be stopping in Georgia too - getting to Disney on Wednesday, after a stop to see family first for a few days! Have a great time!

We just got back too! It rained on Monday while we were in Epcot but we were able to duck in and out of the countries and then it cleared up. Spent most of the week in the pool during the day! CSR and CR both had awesome pools! My son had fun making new friends and playing the games at pool side! Our last day Sat it rained off and on all day long. I wish we had an umbrella! Tons of laundry to do and soon I'll post a trip report!

We're leaving tomorrow!! I'm beyond excited now! :dance3:

It's supposed to rain all week which has made us all a little worried, but i'm sure we'll manage! We bought a few ponchos from the local dollar store so I think we're good to go! :woohoo:

Just by curiosity, do you find it difficult taking pictures/filming in the rain? I've done it before and it was annoying as heck. Just wondering if anyone had any last minute tips. :goodvibes

TIA! You're all so friendly around here. I love these boards!
:disrocks:

We are also leaving tomorrow for CBR! My family cannot wait. Rain huh? Oh well. We'll make the best of it. It always rains at least once a day in Florida right? Hah! See you all down there!

- manooly

Saturday it rained 3 times and the worst rain came around 5pm and closed down the rides in MK..even the indoor rides like Buzz Lightyear closed. My son said we wasted our fast passes after the storm because there was even a long line for fastpass!

Been here since yesterday, Sunday, and it has been pretty much raining non stop. We are hoping tomorrow is better, but so far the forecast looks the same. What the heck happened to the once a day hour or so rains? This is really frustrating. :(. (We are here for 11 days, so hoping it clears soon) !

So sorry!!! Don't let it ruin your trip, you will still have a GREAT time! How was your drive?? We are leaving tomorrow night (well, Sat am, around 2am), so excited, we will be stopping in Georgia too - getting to Disney on Wednesday, after a stop to see family first for a few days! Have a great time!

so we are back from our wonderful Disney trip, had a great time everyone dispite the cancellation with my granddaughter. The weather wasnt the best but we survived!!! It is always so sad pulling away from the boat dock for the last time but now we can look forward to 2012!!! we are thinking about the conetmporary next time. We always stay at Ft Wilderness in the cabins which my daughter just loves, but she got a taste of the Contemporary when we went to Chef Mickeys and I think she changed her mind!! great trip!!:thumbsup2

...I can remember finding this thread on the last day of August 2009. So long ago, and yet it feels like a blink of an eye.

To read about all our great trips was a blast. But, to read about the hoping, the dreaming, the planning...even the waiting -- well...I have to admit to the strange feeling that it was just about as fun as the trip itself. An extended family, who would, in most cases, never even meet in person; yet still sharing a special bond.

Thanks to everyone who shared and enjoyed. I look forward to the special time when I can rightfully subscribe to my next "going to Disney in..." thread, and share in it all once again.

...I can remember finding this thread on the last day of August 2009. So long ago, and yet it feels like a blink of an eye.

To read about all our great trips was a blast. But, to read about the hoping, the dreaming, the planning...even the waiting -- well...I have to admit to the strange feeling that it was just about as fun as the trip itself. An extended family, who would, in most cases, never even meet in person; yet still sharing a special bond.

Thanks to everyone who shared and enjoyed. I look forward to the special time when I can rightfully subscribe to my next "going to Disney in..." thread, and share in it all once again.

i think you are right, the planning and waiting is just as exciting. cant wait now for 2012!!! Switching or resort next time!! The past 3 times we have stayed in the cabins, I think we are going to try the contemporary next

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter