August 2012: Precious Memories...

Becky, so sorry for your loss.

I will target 40 pages this month. I really need to get moving here and get the last few 2011 pages done and another Disney trip scrapped!

I just started a Shimelle Laine class called "the perfect collection" where she gives you an outline to cut up 12 different patterned papers (from a collection) and then you layer the squares and strips into different patterns to serve as "starting points" on your pages. Add pics and embellishments and they come out really great. I started with a bunch of Disney papers and hopefully will have about 15 pages completed fairly quickly.

8 more for me. Brings my total up to 16.

Not sure if I will hit my goal this month, my little guy is teething and doesn't want me to let him down.

I'll set my goal for 25 this month. Lot's of potentially time consuming stuff this month though so I hope I can meet it.

I have 3 pages done so far.

lynner said:
Becky, so sorry for your loss.

I will target 40 pages this month. I really need to get moving here and get the last few 2011 pages done and another Disney trip scrapped!

I just started a Shimelle Laine class called "the perfect collection" where she gives you an outline to cut up 12 different patterned papers (from a collection) and then you layer the squares and strips into different patterns to serve as "starting points" on your pages. Add pics and embellishments and they come out really great. I started with a bunch of Disney papers and hopefully will have about 15 pages completed fairly quickly.

I signed up for that one also. I watched the video but I have to go back and get the cutting instructions. I'm a big Shimelle fan.

I signed up for that one also. I watched the video but I have to go back and get the cutting instructions. I'm a big Shimelle fan.

I'll be interested to see how that works for you gals, and the pages you turn out. (I signed up for an on line stamping in your scrapbooks class and keep forgetting to go)

I would like to get something done this month. That's as specific as I'm getting, I'll be happy to have anything accomplished.

Sorry for the photos - they're a jog to my memory how far I posted.

August 4, continued
2012august005.jpg

6 x 6 album of leftovers from the box - 8 sides, 2 inside covers & 2 outside covers.

August 5

2012august006.jpg

MORE leftovers, plus some 'never gonna use it' bright hard surface card stock
8 sides, 2 inside covers, 2 outside covers

August 6
I was stressing (dentist) and the scraps were getting smaller, so this one doesn't count.

2012august009.jpg

4x4, some little kid will love it. I'm thinking about putting character stickers or something inside - what do you think?

That's it to here.

These three albums were really nice chipboad - I'd never seen any bound that way - the pages were thin thin material but pasted back to back with a spacer between the two sides at the spine, making room to put stuff on the pages without making the book bulge. I *will* be stealing THAT idea.

Sorry for the photos - they're a jog to my memory how far I posted.

August 4, continued
2012august005.jpg

6 x 6 album of leftovers from the box - 8 sides, 2 inside covers & 2 outside covers.

August 5

2012august006.jpg

MORE leftovers, plus some 'never gonna use it' bright hard surface card stock
8 sides, 2 inside covers, 2 outside covers

August 6
I was stressing (dentist) and the scraps were getting smaller, so this one doesn't count.

2012august009.jpg

4x4, some little kid will love it. I'm thinking about putting character stickers or something inside - what do you think?

That's it to here.

These three albums were really nice chipboad - I'd never seen any bound that way - the pages were thin thin material but pasted back to back with a spacer between the two sides at the spine, making room to put stuff on the pages without making the book bulge. I *will* be stealing THAT idea.

That 4x4 album would be super cute for characters...Some thing cute for a mom or grandma to keep in their bag for a car ride or trip to the store when they really don't want to shop but you do!
I totalled everything up and the 4x4 album I counted 2 pages together making them 8x4's so we could add them to your total..
12+12+5 = 29

I'm updated to here!

I been forgeting to post here - that isn't good
I got another 18 done since the last time I posted
other soccor Mickey pages, MK train & TL (3 sets of doulbe pages)

I been forgeting to post here - that isn't good
I got another 18 done since the last time I posted
other soccor Mickey pages, MK train & TL (3 sets of doulbe pages)

Oh PLEASE remember to post!!! Can we please see the train page?

This 6 inch round Creative imaginations kit took two days and i'm not really happy with it. 16 sides , one including moveable ears, and templates for cutting the photos to size. The transparent page doesn't show up and i'm not sure the recipient will know what to do with it - I didn't.

20120808005.jpg

Fronts
20120808006.jpg

Backs

Oh, that's adorable, Linda! I volunteer to take it off your hands so I can see if I can figure out what to do with the transparent page :rolleyes1

ok train page
sb001-11.jpg

I spent today arranging files so maybe I can find stuff

I love the Mickey railroad signs! What a great idea.

I recently organized my scrap room and although it took a while it has made scraping so much easier and faster.

I finished 7 pages. My total is now 10 pages.

The bad ones still count right? I have two pages that I redid twice and still don't like. I have no problem with simple pages, most of mine are simple. These are just downright ugly though.

ok train page
sb001-11.jpg

I spent today arranging files so maybe I can find stuff

Oh man oh man I LOVE That! I would take just the diecuts alone and make a "picture" to hang on the wall of our den. (we like trains)

Morgan'smom - if you would like that album, pm me your snail addy, and I will send it to you. I *Think* the transparent page requires 2 photos of the same size and shape, back to back, one on each side. But I had a hard time getting stuff to stick to the transparencies.

I'm off the mark with 15 pages - and I've finished my "leaving the old job" scrapbook :faint:

I'm off the mark with 15 pages - and I've finished my "leaving the old job" scrapbook :faint:

Good Job, Mazda! I've been retired since 2008 and STILL haven't scrapped that!

The bad ones still count right? I have two pages that I redid twice and still don't like. I have no problem with simple pages, most of mine are simple. These are just downright ugly though

We are our own toughest critics. Even the ones that don't please us are pages complete! Of course they count:thumbsup2

OK 3 sets of 3 double page LOs done - Pooh (they are posted in the sticky where you post your LOs - my mind went blank on what it is called :rolleyes1)

so that 18 pages total today

Nan - please put me down for 30 pages this month.

Ladies - thank you all for your kind words and support during this difficult time, I appreciate them so much!

Becky

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter