****August, 2012!!!****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for a great deal for Disney (as we all are), but I am not sure where exactly to find them.
I have heard that getting the dining plan for free is a great deal and that the promo (for Aug. 2012) will come out some time in April. Does anyone know whether this is correct or not? Is the free dining plan the best deal to go with?
How do I get access to these promos? Some people have mentioned pin numbers.... however, I have no idea where to find them. What deals should I be looking for and where can I find them!?

In the time that I have researched Disney (so far), I am leaning toward staying at Art of Animation, but I am also considering POP and All-Star Movies.

(mom2clr, I tried to click on your link, but I was unable to get access to your info! Would love to see what you are thinking about re: your Disney trip!)

OK, try clicking on it now. I am not computer savvy so I am learning as I go. :laughing:

Pin numbers are sent in emails sent by Disney but are random and not everyone gets one (I happened to get one back in '09 which is why I booked our first mother-daughter trip).

Once deals are announced you can go right to the Disney site and click on the deal to book. I don't know when deals are announced, but I'm sure someone else can help us with that.

I am by no means an expert in this planning but have used these boards religiously for all my trips. A lot of great advice. I keep a notebook nearby and when something catches my attention I just jot it down or bookmark the page.

We have a year to plan and bounce ideas off of each other. :banana:

OK, I have updated our list! :cool1: I will put it in chronological order tomorrow. So glad to see others finding this thread! :grouphug:

Looks like we're going in August 2012 :) Originally we were going to bridge August and September, but school starts earlier next year so my tentative dates are August 19-29 so we get back before school starts. We're driving down (yes 1200 miles) and will likely be staying at the Coronado (the one my husband liked best).

The only sure things for restaurants is that I plan on doing the fantasmic mama melrose's package, Ohana and Boma.

We are going August 20-30 2012! It will be our first Disney vacation and I am super excited to get started planning!!!

Officially booked our DCL cruise for August 1-5, 2012 today!! WHAT? this is not the forum for DCL trips?? Oh, well did I neglect to mention that afterwards we are heading over to WDW?!?!?!?!?!

Probably booking a week or so at WDW from Aug. 5-12. Shooting for BWV, but since we're DVC and it's not our home resort, we have to wait a few more months to book it and make it official!!

anyway, just wanted to say "hi" to all the other August 2012 peeps!

It's there to throw off my kids if they ever look over my shoulder! They don't know that their Dad and I are planning to go back for 12 days! Originally it was going to be 10 in November, but our school system stinks and Family Vacations (even those to DISNEY:eek:) are an un-excused absence! So we pushed up our idea's a few months early. We will be staying from the 15-27th at the Wilderness Lodge Club Level with Deluxe dining plan...using tickets purchased at our Local MWR. Still deciding if we will do something simliar to this year (all 6 Military Salute tickets for DH, myself and ODD and then an 8 day park hopper for our middle DD, youngest was free) or if we will outright buy 10 day park hoppers and then 2 additional days with park hoppers, then again we might be going to either Sea World or Universal on one of those days. Things are still in the works! Happy to be joining ya'll in this hot month!

It's there to throw off my kids if they ever look over my shoulder! They don't know that their Dad and I are planning to go back for 12 days! Originally it was going to be 10 in November, but our school system stinks and Family Vacations (even those to DISNEY:eek:) are an un-excused absence! So we pushed up our idea's a few months early. We will be staying from the 15-27th at the Wilderness Lodge Club Level with Deluxe dining plan...using tickets purchased at our Local MWR. Still deciding if we will do something simliar to this year (all 6 Military Salute tickets for DH, myself and ODD and then an 8 day park hopper for our middle DD, youngest was free) or if we will outright buy 10 day park hoppers and then 2 additional days with park hoppers, then again we might be going to either Sea World or Universal on one of those days. Things are still in the works! Happy to be joining ya'll in this hot month!

I'm sure when I ask the school on Monday (we are already going in for school related things....switched schools for our kids this year) I will get the same response.....I would rather go in November.

I'm sure when I ask the school on Monday (we are already going in for school related things....switched schools for our kids this year) I will get the same response.....I would rather go in November.

I would :love: to go in November! This way though we don't have to deny anything and we will have time to drive down and save money on air fare and baggage check fees.

yeah I don't know how much I can justify a moderate in August.....we may have to stay value. (If I sacrificed 3 days we could stay moderate, but I want my 10 days.....and I want to do the keys to the kingdom tour)

yeah I don't know how much I can justify a moderate in August.....we may have to stay value. (If I sacrificed 3 days we could stay moderate, but I want my 10 days.....and I want to do the keys to the kingdom tour)

We only get to stay Deluxe because of the military discount, it's still within the 40% off time frame :banana:

what is "the keys to the kingdom tour"?

Its a 4-5 hour tour in Magic Kingdom that costs about $80 a person. It is for ages 16+ (My parents are going to Disney too and will watch my kids for me some days)

My kids went camping this week for the first time and loved it!.....we are considering Fort Wilderness as an option now. Just need to buy a second tent :D

Hello new DISers to the thread! I will add you to our list as soon as my daughter is off the computer. :) Is anyone thinking of ADRs yet?

Hello new DISers to the thread! I will add you to our list as soon as my daughter is off the computer. :) Is anyone thinking of ADRs yet?

My DD and I did Tusker House on our last trip so I would like to it again. Not sure what else though. I have to have sit down discussion with my sister and niece and see what they "must" do so I can incorporate it into our schedule. I'm used to planning for a toddler. This teenage phase is all new to me. :rotfl:

The only absolute is that I'd like to go to Biergarten and Boma at one point during the trip.

My DS5 insists we eat in the castle with Cinderella, and with Mickey, thinking Ohana since he loves Stitch...this is our first trip so not sure where else is good with 4 kids, any suggestions?

:banana:

Hahaha.... okay.... what are ADRs??

I am also planning this trip around a toddler ( 15 months old) and a 4 year old. Which attractions are must sees and which ones should be avoided!???

My Mom, brother and i will be going august 21st! :) staying at POP :D wahoo free dining!

Narrowed down to 6 Character meals, one Signature and Hoop Dee Doo has made our list this year!
Characters are Akershus, Tusker House, Cape May Cafe, Crystal Palace, Garden Grill, and 1900 Park Fare.
Signature is Artists Point.
Hahaha.... okay.... what are ADRs??

I am also planning this trip around a toddler ( 15 months old) and a 4 year old. Which attractions are must sees and which ones should be avoided!???

Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan's Flight, Small World, Tea Cups, Speedway, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Tiki Room...there's ton's more but those are just off the top of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter