August 2015!!!

You too!
We had a great flight today! Thanks!
Glad your flight went well. Read a few of your posts from the BC - congrats on the lagoon view upgrade! We are leaving for Buffalo (4-4.5 hr drive) around noon today, then we have the early flight out tomorrow. Don't expect to sleep much either, but totally agree with you about the 'waking up before the alarm'- even my teens will be happy to wake up early lol. We're going to DISNEY:-)

Glad your flight went well. Read a few of your posts from the BC - congrats on the lagoon view upgrade! We are leaving for Buffalo (4-4.5 hr drive) around noon today, then we have the early flight out tomorrow. Don't expect to sleep much either, but totally agree with you about the 'waking up before the alarm'- even my teens will be happy to wake up early lol. We're going to DISNEY:-)

I love my room so much, I don't think I ever want to leave the BC. We are just around the corner from the Marketplace near the lobby.

But my family says the BC is too fancy for them. :confused3
I need a new family. :rotfl:

Ahhh! So close now!!! 2 days from right now we should be in the air from NY on our way to Orlando! Geez, I really need to get rolling on my packing!! lol

We leave in three days. (We are driving the 18 hours!) I'm super excited and nervous at the same time. There was so much planning for this trip, that I hope I got it all in.

I guess I should start to pack!

Last edited:
12 days out! Less than 2 weeks! 4 days at Pop and 4 days at Wilderness Lodge. I'm super excited.

We got home from our trip Sunday night. It was so sad to leave the Disney bubble! We absolutely loved POFQ. The crowds weren't as bad as our past July trips and it was hot and humid but definitely manageable. We had a lot more rain on this trip than past trips -- it poured and poured and poured Saturday afternoon/night -- we were walking through puddles up to our ankles in Epcot! I went back to the resort and my husband and kids went to DHS and rode RNRC and ToT over and over and over again -- short lines because of the rain.

Other than the Tangled bathrooms, the AK bathrooms were the cleanest of all of the parks. I noticed a lot more food booths/kiosks in AK than on past trips -- there's a cute painted "food truck" by EE that was really cute. Construction walls up along the river in AK made the walkway to EE a bit narrow and crowded at times. Epcot felt so empty in terms of attractions -- it really needs more in FutureWorld. My husband and kids did Sum of all Thrills for the first time and that became a new favorite. They loved it, and it was fun to watch them riding in the simulators. I liked SDMT but my girls felt like WDW missed the mark and could have done more with it -- made it longer or something. They were disappointed in it. I wouldn't stand in a long line for it, though!

Using good touring strategies/plans, the longest line we stood in for anything was 30 minutes, and that was only twice (when we veered off plan). Rope drop every morning was critical -- we got so much done every morning in the first couple of hours before the parks got crowded. We also took longer afternoon breaks than usual...and took an afternoon break every day which we haven't done on past trips.

We had four day park hopper tickets and I've decided that, for us, six day park hopper tickets is really the best way to go -- we can take longer afternoon breaks, have a couple of mornings to sleep in, and not feel quite so rushed. Even though this was my 8th or 9th trip, it still felt like we were rushing and there were lots of things on our list of things to do that we just didn't get to. None of them were on our "must do" list so we didn't mind missing them, but still...we want to do them.

We've decided to wait a few years before we go back -- probably 3-5 years, I guess -- in hopes that some of the new stuff will be open. We shall see if we (I) last that long!

Enjoy your trips!

Anyone know if there are posts anywhere about FP+ cancellations for August?
Hoping to grab an A&E meet and greet for the August 26 or 29 and wasn't sure where to look on the Disboards. I was on the day FP+ reservations opened up, but they were already taken and I've checked everyday since. Maybe I can find a cancellation on here somewhere.

By any chance, will anyone be going to Catholic mass from POR on 8/30? I need a lift. I'll pay gas.

We are here! Arrived yesterday around 12:30 to MCO, ME worked fast and flawlessly, room ready text before we even got on the bus, and bags delivered to our room around 4ish. Had a relaxing afternoon at ASMovies, this morning we're chilling at the pool, doing some monorail cruising, and then hitting up Downtown Disney. Tomorrow, park day #1: the MK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter