AUGUST 2017 Car rental watch

I just confirmed a pre-paid full-size rental for Aug 19 to Sep 2 from Dollar through Expedia for $435 CAD which works out to about $332 USD. No codes or anything. I had booked a car in January for $565 CAD so I'm happy with the drop in price.

Alamo codes

Coupon Codes
AD2823JAZ - 25.00 off
AU2291VYT - Save Up To 25% and Receive a 1-Car Class Upgrade For Costco members on a Compact, Midsize, Standard vehicle Valid through 12/30/17.
AD3868JST - $25 off specialty, but it seems to work for many of the common classes

Contract ID
7015309 - Costco Members
7014627 - Costco Members 2009
7015135 - Alamo Insiders 5%

Alamo codes

Coupon Codes
AD2823JAZ - 25.00 off
AU2291VYT - Save Up To 25% and Receive a 1-Car Class Upgrade For Costco members on a Compact, Midsize, Standard vehicle Valid through 12/30/17.
AD3868JST - $25 off specialty, but it seems to work for many of the common classes

Contract ID
7015309 - Costco Members

Thank you! I've been searching for a reasonable rate for a rental out of Tampa. Your combination of Costco member code & the second coupon code gave me a quote $100USD less than the Costco website! :thumbsup2:confused3

I'm using Alamo as well.
Dates: Aug 10-19 for $276.60 (hopefully it goes down over time)
Coupon Code: AU2291VYT (free car class upgrade)
Corporate ID: 7014627 (Costco)
I booked a midsize with free upgrade to standard which will actually be a full size at MCO

Alamo codes

Coupon Codes
AD2823JAZ - 25.00 off

Contract ID
7015309 - Costco Members
Just to let people know, I have been asked to show my Costco card when picking up a car using the Costco code. It was at a "local" location but I don't think I would be 100% comfortable using the code if I was not a member of Costco.

Just to let people know, I have been asked to show my Costco card when picking up a car using the Costco code. It was at a "local" location but I don't think I would be 100% comfortable using the code if I was not a member of Costco.

If you go to the counter there's always that possibility. To avoid that when your ready to commit to the reservation click on the on-line check in link, complete it and the next screen will offer to skip the counter. Complete that screen including Credit Card info and it sends you a confirmation saying:

Skip the counter. Skip the kiosk. Go directly to your vehicle. Your check-in is complete! You can now Skip the Counter and go directly to your vehicle.

The gate where you drive out of the garage is not where they check if you're using a legitimate code. I've never had them ask me for my Costco card or anything else other than my drivers license and the CC you reserved with.

No kidding, so they don't actually have standard at MCO? They give you a full size?

Last edited:
If you go to the counter there's always that possibility. To avoid that when your ready to commit to the reservation click on the on-line check in link, complete it and the next screen will offer to skip the counter. Complete that screen including Credit Card info and it sends you a confirmation saying:

Skip the counter. Skip the kiosk. Go directly to your vehicle. Your check-in is complete! You can now Skip the Counter and go directly to your vehicle.

The gate where you drive out of the garage is not where they check if you're using a legitimate code. I've never had them ask me for my Costco card or anything else other than my drivers license and the CC you reserved with.
I have also had my proof of membership checked at the gate.

I have also had my proof of membership checked at the gate.

Hmmm interesting. I actually have an expired Costco card, but if I didn't I would just tell them it's in my luggage and see if they want me to tie up their exit lane while I dig it out of my suit case.

Last edited:
i'll try these codes out.
the rate for 8 seaters in august is through the roof!!!!!

Last edited:
Keeping tabs on August rates - currently at $249.00 for 9 days with Alamo w/ Costco & $25 off codes. 25% off code returned a $30 higher rate somehow...

Keeping tabs on August rates - currently at $249.00 for 9 days with Alamo w/ Costco & $25 off codes. 25% off code returned a $30 higher rate somehow...

Same here. The costco codes somehow yielded a higher cost.

I am getting $388 for a Standard SUV for 1 week in CA. I think that's still a little too high, and will keep checking for a better rates.

Do we have any coupons for the other car rentals (Enterprise, Hertz, etc.)

Also, does anyone know what cars Alamo has in their Luxury lineup besides the Cadillac XTS?

Picking up the same car at LAX costs $150 more for a week....WHY?

Aren't you supposed to have more choices with LAX, more cars, etc.?

Picking up the same car at LAX costs $150 more for a week....WHY?

Aren't you supposed to have more choices with LAX, more cars, etc.?

California is pricey all the way around. I'll be feeling that pain in late August when I head out to SoCal for a trip to DLR and USH. Earlier this month, I briefly saw a Budget listed at 220ish all-inclusive for 7 days via Undercover Tourist, but was put off by the requirement to enter payment info. Now that deal's gone.....d'oh.

I heard that you should always pick standard instead of Full size if picking picking up from Alamo from Orlando airport cause they don't have a standard isle, so they let you pick from the FS. Anyone know if this is true?

I heard that you should always pick standard instead of Full size if picking picking up from Alamo from Orlando airport cause they don't have a standard isle, so they let you pick from the FS. Anyone know if this is true?
Yes, at least it was last August, and several previous trips before that. I'm sure if something changed we'd hear about it.

I've been checking Costco and carrentalsavers dot com pretty regularly and this morning, carrentalsavers is telling me my rental days are too far forward to book. Anybody else in August getting this?

I've been checking Costco and carrentalsavers dot com pretty regularly and this morning, carrentalsavers is telling me my rental days are too far forward to book. Anybody else in August getting this?
Try Alamos sight directly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter