• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AUGUST 2017 Car rental watch

i'll try these codes out.
the rate for 8 seaters in august is through the roof!!!!!

8 seater minivans via the Costco Travel site are $318 for the week of 16th-23rd of August.

7 seater minivan is $288

Full size car is $228

Intermediate Car is $200.58

All those prices include taxes and fees.

Last edited:
8 seater minivans via the Costco Travel site are $318 for the week of 16th-23rd of August.

7 seater minivan is $288

Full size car is $228

Intermediate Car is $200.58

All those prices include taxes and fees.
Those prices aren't bad at all.....a minivan for a week for $288 really isnt a bad deal at all. Actually none of those prices are bad. If it were me, I would LOCK in a reservation and if the prices go down that would be GREAT!! If not, those are rates I could live with!!!

(Alamo) I got the best rates without a code but picking up and returning at either dolphin or car care.

Oh my gosh, Alamo went prices went up again! When are they going to start dipping down?

(Alamo) I got the best rates without a code but picking up and returning at either dolphin or car care.
That is amazing! I wish that I could do that. I really only want a car for 5 days, but it is about $200 more for me to pick up from that area for the fewer days. I'd better keep looking!

Well I'm relieved I reserved our minivan. The rates went up from $288 to $497. Hopefully they will go back down!

If anyone is still checking, minivans went up to $541 for the week (via the Costco Travel site, where you need a Costco membership) for about a week, then just went back to $288 for a week. (In August). Maybe prices are heading down?

Ok...I'm jumping in and joining in !!!! Thanks to those that posted the the Costco/Alamo codes !!! :worship:

My dates are Friday 8/18 5pm to Saturday 9/2 5pm. Total is $463.85 for a midsize with Free Upgrade to Standard. It's WAY TOO HIGH right now !! :sad2: But I always like to have something I can afford in case the prices go up instead of down. It's still early in the game of rental car pricing for those of us who are going in August. But it's all part of the FUN of planning. So I am glad to be aboard the bandwagon....looks like I am good company as always. So come on everybody lets have fun and LET THE GAMES BEGIN as the CAR RENTAL SAGA TURNS!!!!! We know we will get cheaper rates but we still like to panic and complain together while we wait for rates to drop!!! It's so much fun !!!! :woohoo:
party:

Well....ran my dates and rates today and it went up to $503 :sad2:

I just checked mine. $527. I did notice that the standard and full size were the same price. o_O

How about when I ran my rates yesterday, there were NO full-size options....just standard!! People have always said they are the same thing, but it's strange that sometimes "FullSize" doesn't even show. Prices are so ridiculous right now anyway..... :rotfl2:

Just used the Costco rate at Alamo for 7 days (Aug 18-25) pickup at airport, returning at the Buena Vista Palace.
$295 all in for a Full Size SUV.
Was going to go with Enterprise for $288 for minivan, but preferred the SUV.

Has anyone ever used AddCar before? Their prices seem to be much below the competition. Wondering if anyone has had any positive or negative experiences with them?

Has anyone ever used AddCar before? Their prices seem to be much below the competition. Wondering if anyone has had any positive or negative experiences with them?
I just googled it.. 10 one star reviews and 1 five star review (en employee maybe??)
I'd stay FAR away

*****COSTCO CODE AND COSTCO MEMBERSHIP******

For those using the Costco code 7014627....please be advised you NOW MUST HAVE A VALID COSTCO MEMBERSHIP!!!! You can no longer MAKE or MODIFY a reservation without it !!!! I just read this on another thread so I tried to make a new reservation and it did ask for my Costco Membership ID # !!!!

I know it's still early but my rate has gone up a few dollars. Hopefully soon it will start going south.

*****COSTCO CODE AND COSTCO MEMBERSHIP******

For those using the Costco code 7014627....please be advised you NOW MUST HAVE A VALID COSTCO MEMBERSHIP!!!! You can no longer MAKE or MODIFY a reservation without it !!!! I just read this on another thread so I tried to make a new reservation and it did ask for my Costco Membership ID # !!!!
Thanks for the update! I'm very pleased with this change. I pay $110 for my Costco Membership and I was peeved that others were able to access my perks without being a member.

Thanks for the update! I'm very pleased with this change. I pay $110 for my Costco Membership and I was peeved that others were able to access my perks without being a member.

Costco will probably get lots of new membership applications soon. :lmao:

I used to use BJ's but when they eliminated the free additional driver last year, I joined Costco for $55 thanks to a Groupon special. It was worth it just to save $10/day for an additional driver. I rent for 14 days so that is a savings well over $140 and that is before tax. So in my eyes, the Costco membership pays for itself just in rental car savings alone. I also have a BJs membership and they have returned the free additional driver benefit. So I will see which one has the best deal as my dates get closer. But for now, I have reservations under both. :laughing:

For those of you who are Southwest Rapid Reward members, you can turn your points in for an Alamo gift certificate. If you fly Southwest, but don't have their credit card you might want to consider getting one. $200 statement credit and 10,000 bonus Rapid Reward points.

So I had a minivan booked on Alamo using the old (now expired zoom zoom code) for around 250 for aug 18-36. My reservation has been updated now reflecting $863. Ugh! Now I'm hoping rates drop again soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter