August Refurbs List

Dumbo begins a refurb on August 21.

Animation Academy August 21.

Sorcerer’s Workshop August 21.
Wait what???? Animation Academy??? Will it be long do you think? Any other info on this? Off to look and see if I can find out more. 😞

We will be there from 15th until 20th Aug.... hopefully we can make it to RSR and Toy story mania. Too bad for Haunted mansion and Monorail.

Uhhh, we weren't planning on go to DCA on teh 17th since we wont' get into the parks until noon, but with RSR going down on the 18th it will be our only chance. So now not sure if we should just start at DCA on the 17th when we arrive or still start at DL and make our way over to DCA to do RSR later? We will do single rider. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Joining the list of folks hoping for a short downtime for RSR, and that it'll be up prior to our visit on 8/24. I'm a bit surprised to see Animation Academy and Sorcerer's Workshop down as well. I'm not concerned with the attractions, but was counting on that building as a break from the heat!

Joining the list of folks hoping for a short downtime for RSR, and that it'll be up prior to our visit on 8/24. I'm a bit surprised to see Animation Academy and Sorcerer's Workshop down as well. I'm not concerned with the attractions, but was counting on that building as a break from the heat!
Yes great AC. I am there in mid August. I will miss Monorail which I love but can leave without and Toy Story Mania which I go on usually once and dont care about it...it is a game attraction.

OMG Disneyland I just cannot with you right now. First Haunted Mansion, then the monorail, and now RSR? I know I'm going to be at DL for a short time as my work schedule doesn't allow me to travel at any time, but this is ridiculous. Someone please tell me my trip will be worth flying across the country for and spending the amount of money I am spending on this trip. So disappointed.

Yeah, we're bummed. We arrive on the 19th and leave on the 24th. And we have to make to LAX around noon on the 24th so no trying for us that day. Hopefully though, it's back up for everyone else.

OMG Disneyland I just cannot with you right now. First Haunted Mansion, then the monorail, and now RSR? I know I'm going to be at DL for a short time as my work schedule doesn't allow me to travel at any time, but this is ridiculous. Someone please tell me my trip will be worth flying across the country for and spending the amount of money I am spending on this trip. So disappointed.
It will be worth it! I understand the disappointment, I have definitely been there with ride closures...but maybe you will discover something new? When was the last time you visited? Oh and think of all the delicious treats, awesome atmosphere (I always love the little noises here and there, smell of popcorn, etc) and other happy faces. It's going to be amazing!

Wait what???? Animation Academy??? Will it be long do you think? Any other info on this? Off to look and see if I can find out more. 😞

My recollection from last year is vague because I don't go to Oogie Boogie. But doesn't the Animation Academy get used for Oogie Boogie? Is there daytime non-party access during Halloween time?

It will be worth it! I understand the disappointment, I have definitely been there with ride closures...but maybe you will discover something new? When was the last time you visited? Oh and think of all the delicious treats, awesome atmosphere (I always love the little noises here and there, smell of popcorn, etc) and other happy faces. It's going to be amazing!
This is my first and probably last time as I live on the east coast. I know there are other things to look forward to but I was really most excited for HM and RSR. Just a bummer. Thank you for the positivity!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter