August?

wdwlover88

Can't seem to get enough!
Is it rediculously hot in California in August? I personally have never been and am a tad bit curious. When we visit Florida in the summer we usually go in August only because we know that by August it isn't as hot and the temperature had cooled a little bit but with no prior knowledge of the weather we are unsure of the conditions of California in August. HELP!!

I used to think DL was hot in August until I went to WDW in August. There was no comparison in my book -- WDW was so much hotter! Mornings and evenings are typically very pleasant in Anaheim. The afternoons are warm; highs can get into the 90s (even break 100, but that's pretty rare), but are more likely to be in the low-mid 80s. You won't have the thunderstorms and humidity in CA. If you can tolerate the heat at WDW in August, you should do fine with the weather at DL in August.

If you can handle Florida heat, then Disneyland will be a walk-in-the-park. We took a cross-country trip from the South to the West in August of 95. By the time we were in California, the weather was downright pleasant. The interesting thing about Southern California is that it gets really cool really fast in the evenings as the air comes in off the ocean. I used to sit on my grandma's back-porch and watch the thermometer drop 10 degrees in no-time in one sitting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter