Aulani and Ohau must dos

We just left NOTHING in the car anywhere we went, even in the garage at Aulani. The day we went for our surf lessons on the North Shore our surf school place also said not to leave anything in the car. They said to bring everything with us to their tent on the beach and they would watch it. We just brought a backpack to keep everything in and carried it with us every time we got out of the car.

ReeRee - that's a great list! And I'm happy to report most of what you listed is already on our list! Our trip will be considered pretty short by Hawaiian vacation standards so while I'm eager to get a lot done, we only have two true plans made - Pearl Harbor (already secured our tickets) and the ATV half day tour at Kualoa Ranch - the rest of our time will be doing some of the driving tours and enjoying Aulani.

I do wonder though, with all the talk of thefts, how does a couple enjoy swimming at a beach and still manage to keep their personal items secure? What do you do with your phone, keys, camera, etc??

T-62 days and counting!

gina

My brother said Electric Beach had the best snorkeling on his trip. They didn't have any problems. Will we really have to be afraid of people breaking into our rental car there?

Can someone describe exactly where electric beach is? I thought we hit pretty much all the beaches on our last trip, but I haven't heard of this one. Thanks!

I do wonder though, with all the talk of thefts, how does a couple enjoy swimming at a beach and still manage to keep their personal items secure? What do you do with your phone, keys, camera, etc??
gina

We plan to have an underwater camera, and zipped pockets or a waterproof plastic container to carry keys. If you have cash, you can put it in a tiny ziploc first. We'd leave the phones in the hotel room safe. Will just have to hoof it barefoot to the water so as not to have to leave our slippahs on the beach, unless we figure a way to hook them to ourselves in the water, lol :)

carissa1970 said:
Can someone describe exactly where electric beach is? I thought we hit pretty much all the beaches on our last trip, but I haven't heard of this one. Thanks!

If you look north along the coast from Aulani you will see the stacks from the plant. The beach has the warm water outputs from the plant and attract all sorts of wildlife.
As far as theft, we don't bring anything but a key, license, CC and underwater camera and DH stashes it in his pocket in a waterproof bag. Generally is you don't have bags sitting out in your car you will be okay. I've seen so many people get stuff swiped on the beach. We either take turns or leave nothing we can't live without.

In the Ohau tour book I have, the writer (a Hawaiian resident) says that residents leave their cars unlocked, so windows don't get smashed if someone wants to break into the car.

Would it be a good idea, to maybe look into getting the Entrainment Book for Oahu? :coffee:
Would it cost worthy? :thumbsup2

Just thinking ahead....

Robin & Angel "D". :thumbsup2

Robin"D";52187282 said:
Would it be a good idea, to maybe look into getting the Entrainment Book for Oahu? :coffee: Would it cost worthy? :thumbsup2 Just thinking ahead.... Robin & Angel "D". :thumbsup2

We have done it twice, and easily saved more than the cost of the book. I would suggest it. Then we leave it with someone else at the resort since it will expire before we get back again. If you watch the Entertainment Book website, you can sometimes get the books for $5 or $15.

We have done it twice, and easily saved more than the cost of the book. I would suggest it. Then we leave it with someone else at the resort since it will expire before we get back again. If you watch the Entertainment Book website, you can sometimes get the books for $5 or $15.

Thank you the quick response....we use the book every time we travel and as you, we pay it forward by leaving it with another

Thx again

Robin & Angel "D". :thumbsup2

We just returned from an amazing 10 days at Aulani, followed by a week on the Big Island. My absolute number one thing to do is to go to Haleiwa and eat at Opal Thai!!!!

AZMermaid said:
Do you think we need to remove carseats? Specifically in north shore?

We recently spent a week on the North Shore and only removed valuables, I would never think of removing a car seat and don't think it would be at all necessary. We always felt perfectly safe and I would just use common sense as you would anywhere, don't leave any valuable electronics ( cameras, iPads etc ) in the car or in plain sight and you should be fine.

I spent 2 weeks at Aulani this past summer. The thread helped me so much!
I thought I would share my post
www.mommy-dreaming.blogspot.com/2014/08/aulani-hawaii-family-vacation.html?m=1

Thank you so much for this!

Great idea to put the fruit on the table like a fruit bowl. Seems so simple but I never would have thought of that. It looks so inviting that way!

I also appreciate the "lived in" pics. I like to see how other utilized the space. Your "lived in" is WAY cleaner than mine will be! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter