Aulani and Ohau must dos

kkurashi said:
LOL...sorry Cruiser, I didn't look at the dates of your trip. I hope you had a fun time and maybe in the future you could check out some of my suggestions. Aloha \ooo/

LOL No problem :) We had an amazing time exploring the island!! I wish we could have fit more in!! And I would have written down your suggestions, too, as there are a couple of things there I've never read about and would have done/tried, especially food-related!! We tried to NOT eat at any place we recognized from home, so when a local recommends a place, I listen up!!

looks like lots of fabulous suggestions.. Make sure for anyone coming in the future if you are going town bound (towards honolulu) on the H1 wait until after 8am.. and then going back towards Aulani on the H1 head back before 3 or avoid the times 3-7 otherwise you will hit a lot of traffic :)

my biggest suggestion to stretch your $$$ is to buy your souvenirs at the stadium swap meet! best prices on island!

oh and if you have time when you are at pali hike down the old pali road .. there are some beautiful views! (it is to the right of pali lookout through the gate)

Would people recommend the Sea Life Park and swimming with dolphins and sea lions?

Hey there - not long to go now :) A friend of mine did it and absolutely loved it. I was considering it, after all it is cheaper than Sea World in Australia, but then I had a look on You Tube of people's videos and there seems to be a lot of people in each program, like at least 20. So I might wait and do it at Sea World back home, they have a 5 person limit!

Hey there - not long to go now :) A friend of mine did it and absolutely loved it. I was considering it, after all it is cheaper than Sea World in Australia, but then I had a look on You Tube of people's videos and there seems to be a lot of people in each program, like at least 20. So I might wait and do it at Sea World back home, they have a 5 person limit!

hmm maybe even sea world san diego...

wonder if that would be any cheaper than on the gold coast

We are headed to Aulani April 12 :cool1: Pearl Harbor is on our short list of must-dos. I already reserved tickets for the USS Arizona tour (thru the gov's web site). Now after reading it seems I should also go to the USS Missouri, which is a separate cost and reservation. Am I right? Once we take the boat to the Arizona, how do we get to the Missouri? Do we do a tour of the Missouri and just a general admission? Thanks in advance for the advice!

There is a bus that will take you to the Missouri. I am not sure that you have to make a reservation for the Missouri. The hardest one to get into is the Arizona. On our next trip, I would like to go to the museum there as well. They had several interesting things to see.

We spent 90% of our time at Aulani and were never bored. The resort was so incredible we knew we'd be back and didn't feel the need to spend all day in the car driving all over.

We did the North Shore drive and my DS loved Turtle Bay, it was a highlight for him.

At Aulani we took advantage of everything there was available
-Rainbow Reef
-Starlit Hui
-storytelling around the bonfire
-characters!
-afternoon pool party and games
-the beach!
-evening live music

We spent 90% of our time at Aulani and were never bored. The resort was so incredible we knew we'd be back and didn't feel the need to spend all day in the car driving all over.

We did the North Shore drive and my DS loved Turtle Bay, it was a highlight for him.

At Aulani we took advantage of everything there was available
-Rainbow Reef
-Starlit Hui
-storytelling around the bonfire
-characters!
-afternoon pool party and games
-the beach!
-evening live music

So glad I found this thread . We are arriving March 31 and this is so helpful in organizing and planning . Did you recall if the resort offered any yoga classes? Yoga on the beach on my bucket list ! Thanks

So glad I found this thread . We are arriving March 31 and this is so helpful in organizing and planning . Did you recall if the resort offered any yoga classes? Yoga on the beach on my bucket list ! Thanks
Yes, there is family yoga on the beach in the mornings. Take a look at this thread from April I created that had all the daily iwas in it that I scanned. Should give you a good idea of typical resort offerings:) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3103331

Finally got our plane tickets for Spring Break at Aulani. We're actually flying into Hilo first to experience the volcanoes before going to Aulani (figured once we get there we won't want to leave.

a snorkeling excursion at the marina near the resort, where I got to snorkel with sea turtles and dolphins (my favorite excursion!)

Could you share the details of this excursion? Was it through Aulani or did you book on your own?

Does the Starlit Hui have fire dancers? Or should I go to a real luau? Thanks

Fia Fia Polynesian show down at the Marriott has fire dancers. We watched some of the show when we were waiting for a table at Longboards. I just booked it for our trip next month. Tuesday nights.

Fia Fia Polynesian show down at the Marriott has fire dancers. We watched some of the show when we were waiting for a table at Longboards. I just booked it for our trip next month. Tuesday nights.

Have you heard good things about this luau? Ie how is the food? Thinking of getting a Marriott gift card to use there for our trip in August!

Have you heard good things about this luau? Ie how is the food? Thinking of getting a Marriott gift card to use there for our trip in August!

I've been researching the Marriott luau vs Paradise Cove and Marriott gets better reviews on trip advisor. What I haven't been able to find online is price for Marriott (Paradise Cove runs $100-150 each depending on where you sit). Can anyone share or point me to more info on Marriott luau please?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter