aulani cabana rental-questions

gwensgoofy

Mouseketeer
What is the price to rent a cabana at Aulani with the DVC discount? For those that have done this, did you consider it to be worth the cost?Do I book it through member services or by calling Aulani? thanks!

I have one reserved for our upcoming trip next week. I called MS to make the reservation. The info. from MouseSavers is as follows: Pool Cabana - Full Day (9:00 am - 6:00 pm) $275, Half Day $150, plus tax and optional gratuity for attendant; furnished and includes 32" TV, wireless Internet, fruit tray, bottled water, ceiling fan, for up to 6 registered guests. DVC members get 10% off.

I believe you can only reserve full cabana days ahead of time. Half days can be reserved when you arrive at the resort.

HTH

I have one rented for every day of our upcoming vacation. I've been to Hawaii many times and I always get a cabana for every day even if I'm by myself. Totally worth it IMO. And the DVC discounted price is less than what I've paid on my last 2 Hawaii vacations at other resorts.

We have rented cabanas for both of our trips to Aulani. We are not DVC members, but the cost was a little shy of $300 with tax per day on our trip that we just got back from today. For us it is definitely worth the cost for one of the four main pool cabanas. I am not as fond of the two quiet pool or two Menehune Bridge locations. We had #2 by the main pool the last two days and loved it. The fruit trays had a lot better variety of tropical fruit this time and my wife and daughter's friend enjoyed the complimentary desert trays as well. What we enjoyed most about it was being able to get out of the sun when desired. It is also nice to have a "home base" for the day. We stayed at the pool/beach every day until around 6:00 P.M. when we had to give up the cabana. The cabanas seem to be assigned according to booking order. If you want the main pool area, you can request that when making your reservation. They call your room to let you know your cabana assignment on the night before.

We just rented one for our trip a couple of weeks ago with the DVC discount. It was exactly $259.15. We would also say it was well worth it. Agree also that the four cabanas closest to the ocean are the best views. However those with smaller children might prefer those closest to the Munehune Bridge.

The fruit and dessert plates although small were a very nice touch and we really like that Disney did them as a complimentary gesture for the guests.

The first cabana will have the best view of the ocean when inside the cabana. We were in cabana 3 and our view while laying outside the cabana we could see the ocean view quite easily.

The cabana also has a "safe drawer" which we really liked so we could keep all our valuables locked up while we were away. The fridge is also very nice. It is smaller size unit, but worked great. Disney provided a few water bottles but we brought our own as well as our own premade bottles of liquor which we in the fridge to keep cold. We asked Disney before hand if that would be okay and they said it was no problem.

Getting premade lunch from the ABC Store across from Aulani is a good idea as well. The food items there are good and nearly half the cost of the pool/cabana menu. Now we did order from the menu through the day. The kids like a the non alcholic drinks and they really liked the fries and the panini. Our server for the day was great and came by often to check and see if we needed anything.

I called Aulani directly to book prior to our arrival. You can make a request then. They did call us the day before to let us know which cabana.

Overall we thought the cabana was well worth the cost and would do it again.

I too rented a cabana on two of my days at Aulani this past month. Definitely worth the price. The "picking order" is based on when you reserved the cabana. The first to reserve gets their first pick and so forth. That being said, we enjoyed the cabanas at the quiet pool (#7 & #8). We were all adults and didn't feel the need to be right near the large pool, though it is only a short walk away. It was just nice to have a place in the shade and not have to worry about getting out early to get a shady spot or leaving and coming back.

Just returned from Aulani and rented a Cabana. It is $250 per day--complete with a fridge and TV (great for those poolside days watching football). Disney Cast Members and DVC Members get 10% off.

The Key is WHICH Cabana you book. The best one is Cabana #1 which sits on a corner over looking the ocean (perfect sunset views) and the pool, #4 is the one we rented which is on the other corner (visualize four cabanas in a row, #1 and #4 are on the corners and 2 and 3 in the middle). The corners are nice so you can gather other lounge chairs around if you have a larger group.

Beware of Cabanas #5 and #6, they are by the Mennehune Trail pool. Now you might think "that's great because it's where the kids will swim" but they sit at the base of water slides -- so you will get no quiet moments at all and you can't see the ocean; plus the 9 kids we were with didnt spend much time at that pool.

If you are paying the money book Cabana #1 and #4. Just call the Aulani Concierge to book them.

PS -- Aulani is so absolutely, positively the best family vacation we have taken and we have stayed at over 10+ Disney Resorts as well as Ritz, Waldorfs--as one Cast Member told me "Aulani will change your life" and it will.

AnotherDrinkAtEpcot said:
Just returned from Aulani and rented a Cabana. It is $250 per day--complete with a fridge and TV (great for those poolside days watching football). Disney Cast Members and DVC Members get 10% off.

The Key is WHICH Cabana you book. The best one is Cabana #1 which sits on a corner over looking the ocean (perfect sunset views) and the pool, #4 is the one we rented which is on the other corner (visualize four cabanas in a row, #1 and #4 are on the corners and 2 and 3 in the middle). The corners are nice so you can gather other lounge chairs around if you have a larger group.

Beware of Cabanas #5 and #6, they are by the Mennehune Trail pool. Now you might think "that's great because it's where the kids will swim" but they sit at the base of water slides -- so you will get no quiet moments at all and you can't see the ocean; plus the 9 kids we were with didnt spend much time at that pool.

If you are paying the money book Cabana #1 and #4. Just call the Aulani Concierge to book them.

PS -- Aulani is so absolutely, positively the best family vacation we have taken and we have stayed at over 10+ Disney Resorts as well as Ritz, Waldorfs--as one Cast Member told me "Aulani will change your life" and it will.

I had first choice for all 6 days and I didn't care for #1for two reasons. The first was the tree in front of it that made it too shady for us sun worshipers. The second was that it felt so public as it sat right on the walkway and there were always people practically sitting on my lounger with me while taking ocean photos.

I did like 4 best at the main pool but I liked the ones at the quiet pool (7 and 8) much better. We had better cabana service at that location also.

We had a cabana for one day on our recent trip. We chose to be near the Menehune Bridge, and while I realize that this is *not* a good choice for most people, I wanted to mention it anyway. Why did we like it? First of all, our 4 year old loved the bridge. He played in it for hours on end. He never seemed to tire of it (which surprised me). It was awesome to be able to relax on a lounge chair while he played...that's something we hardly ever get to do! And he knew exactly where to find us since we had a home base, so to speak. Second, the constant "white noise" from the bridge drowned out the construction noise.

When we were there (first week of November), the construction noise from the Marriott was quite noticeable when we were on the beach. There was also construction going on right behind cabanas #1 - 4, so that can be an issue.

Having said that, the cabanas by the bridge are not a good choice for everyone. The constantly running water can be loud. The kids can be loud. But for us, it was worth it because that's where our son wanted to play (and play, and play, and play, and play!)

Anyone have a map showing the cabana locations? Thanks.

Opinions needed on what cabana to rent for June. Couple with 2 kids 7 and 9. Being close to the kids is more important than peace and quiet.

Anyone have a map showing the cabana locations? Thanks.

Hopefully, this map is legible.

As of September 2012, the cabanas were located in three locations. I've put a red-outlined rectangular box around the three areas.

Four cabanas are located just off the main pool. On the map, they are in the top-most red box nearest the lagoon. I believe these cabanas are numbered 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Two cabanas are located next to the Menehune Bridge and Kids' water play area. On the map, they are in the red box near center part of the map, below the red box that has cabanas 1-4.

The third set of cabanas is located next to the Wailana Leisure Pool, which is on the right side of the map.

Please NOTE: As part of the construction projects at Aulani, the pool deck for the Wailana Pool is being expanded. I believe more cabanas are being added in this area, but I'm not sure exactly where these additional cabanas will be placed. They might be placed next to the current Wailana cabanas, or some might be placed on the opposite side of the Wailana Pool near the Wailana Pool Bar, which is marked as "H" on the map.

AulaniMapCabanas2.jpg

Hope this helps.

Thank you! That is so helpful. I'm trying to decide where to request cabana for our upcoming trip with a 3 year old & infant. I appreciate the map.

Thank you! That is so helpful. I'm trying to decide where to request cabana for our upcoming trip with a 3 year old & infant. I appreciate the map.

If your 3 year old is anything like my 4 year old, you might consider the cabanas by the Menehune Bridge. My 4 year old could have spent all day playing at the bridge. We enjoyed being able to lounge and relax while still watching him play. On the flip side, the rushing water is loud. And on the other flip side, the rushing water sound drowns out some of the screaming kid noise :-)

This photograph shows Cabanas #1 thru #4. They are the four square-roofed structures on the left central part of the photo. Aulani's main pool is just out of the picture frame to the left. The lawn that you see in the center of the photo is where the new infinity pool is being built. The structure in the lower right is the Wailani Pool Bar, which was temporarily closed during the construction and will reopen when construction is completed. The structure in the lower left is the former Sting Ray Encounter. It has been closed and will be replaced with a new kids' water splash zone.

file_zpsbfb2dfbe.jpg

Right now, the landscaping forms a barrier between these cabanas and the new water features that should open no later than June 2013. However, once the new pool and splash zone open, its possible Aulani might put in a direct path from the cabanas to these new features. Also, Disney has indicated that it will install some new cabanas as part of the enhancements. Its quite possible some cabanas may be placed in this area near the new pool and splash zone.

Although we took over a thousand photos while at Aulani, I don't have a good photo of the cabanas near the Menehune Bridge and kids water play area. This photo was taken from our balcony from villa #304. The two cabanas can be seen on the right side of the photo, below the balcony railing. The water play area stretches across the bottom of the photo toward the Menehune Bridge, which is on the left edge of the photo.

file-34.jpg

I also don't have any great photos of the cabanas at the Wailana Leisure Pool. This photo was taken while we were relaxing at the pool. The cabanas are on the opposite side of the pool. In the background is a non-DVC hotel wing; on the right side of the photo is the DVC's Waianae Building. Please note that Aulani's enhancement plans call for the Wailani pool deck to be expanded. It will extend and be closer to the hotel wing. More cabanas may be placed in this area.

file_zpse8391f43.jpg

I had first choice for all 6 days and I didn't care for #1for two reasons. The first was the tree in front of it that made it too shady for us sun worshipers. The second was that it felt so public as it sat right on the walkway and there were always people practically sitting on my lounger with me while taking ocean photos.

I agree with this. I haven't rented a Cabana at Aulani but we walked past it all the time. Walking by, I kept thinking that Cabana #1 was so "public" and hectic. Most people have to walk past it when walking that way. I'd feel annoyed by that, but that's just me.

I also noticed that Cabanas #1-4 were very very close to one another and are by alot of "regular" people lounge chairs. The set up is a little more cramped than what I've seen at other "luxury" resorts in Hawaii (like Four Seasons or the Fairmont).

Just a note to any one who might be expecting a cabana on rolling grass overlooking the ocean with real privacy. At least from what I saw, Cabanas #1-4 aint it.

So unless you have children than this may be the way to go...

"The third set of cabanas is located next to the Wailana Leisure Pool, which is on the right side of the map."

So unless you have children than this may be the way to go...

"The third set of cabanas is located next to the Wailana Leisure Pool, which is on the right side of the map."

With the construction going on right now, I don't know how many, if any, of the cabanas by the Wailana Leisure Pool are available for use.

With the construction going on right now, I don't know how many, if any, of the cabanas by the Wailana Leisure Pool are available for use.

At the moment none are available at the quiet pool. That entire area is walled off for the construction.

I also was less than impressed with the cabana's in comparison to what is offered at other Hawaii resorts. They are simply added to the normal pool deck area and Cabana's 1-4 have many lounge chairs between them and the pool. Nice to guarantee shade but far from private.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter