aulani cabana rental-questions

I ventured over to the cabanas the other day. These are certainly something I would NOT be spending my money on. They are inches in front of the construction area. All 4 of them are VERY close together. 3 & 4 have the best views of the pool, 1 has the best view of the ocean (to the right if you are in the cabana looking towards the pool). 2 has, well, a great view of a tree.

Thanks! I definitely won't want #1 or #2 with that tree right there. If I understand how this works don't they ask you what your first choice is the day before your rental (based on the order you reserved them?!) Hate to cancel at the last minute but looks like if we can't get #3 or # 4 I may not want to keep it for $250 and no sun!! I don't really know much about how googlemaps works....is this a CURRENT image or is it possibly older? I really would've thought that if they've been working on this area behind the cabanas since November that there would be more construction work DONE by now...this image looks like they JUST STARTED the work.:confused3

I checked Google Maps 2 weeks ago and they were still showing old satellite photos of Aulani before the construction. I checked this past weekend and now they have new photos which show the construction everyone is describing and the construction walls behind the cabanas. So...I'd say the satellite photo is very recent.

I checked Google Maps 2 weeks ago and they were still showing old satellite photos of Aulani before the construction. I checked this past weekend and now they have new photos which show the construction everyone is describing and the construction walls behind the cabanas. So...I'd say the satellite photo is very recent.

Thanks! How sad. This is ridiculous! If this started in November it looks like they excavating with Tonka Toys!! :sad2: At this rate they won't be done for another year!!

Honestly, the 2 cabanas located near Menehune Bridge would seem to be in a better place. Especially if you have little ones that would be in the play structure.

Honestly, the 2 cabanas located near Menehune Bridge would seem to be in a better place. Especially if you have little ones that would be in the play structure.

When we visited in November, we had a cabana by the Menehune Bridge. DS, who was 4 at the time, spent the vast majority of his time on that bridge. He loved it...it was difficult to get him to stop playing long enough to even eat lunch! So the cabana over there was absolutely ideal for us. The adults got to lounge in the cabana, and we could easily keep an eye on DS while he had a blast.

However, you should note that the bridge area is loud. If you don't think you'd like the "white noise" coming from the rushing water, it's not a good spot for you. Oh, and you can hear the kids too. But for us, the rushing water noise was better than construction noise :-) And we needed to keep an eye on our little guy, so it was just perfect for us.

However, you should note that the bridge area is loud. If you don't think you'd like the "white noise" coming from the rushing water, it's not a good spot for you. Oh, and you can hear the kids too. But for us, the rushing water noise was better than construction noise :-) And we needed to keep an eye on our little guy, so it was just perfect for us.

If the water noise is anything like the cabanas by the slides at Disneyland Hotel, I'd avoid it. I wonder if the those Aulani cabanas have full sun during the day?

:headache: Somebody just posted a pic on the views thread that looks like there are now only THREE cabanas by the beach!! I looks like they've removed # 4 and expanded the construction area and put up another wall along the side of # 3 where # 4 USED to be. I am getting really frustrated over this cabana nonsense. The first time we decide we're gonna splurge on one for a couple of days and they make them so unattractive to pay for. I don't have a small child so I don't necessarily want to be over by that children's play area but they sure don't make the remaining ones look appealing. :sad:

I'm at Aulani and sitting in Cabana #1 as I post this. It's beautiful! I have a great view of the beach and the people walking on the ramp or stairs to the beach are not close or a bother at all.

There still are 4 cabanas by the main pool.
I can hear some construction noise, but its not super loud & kinda blends into the background noise of the pool, people's conversation, wind, ocean & ambient music.

We got to the Cabana around 9 this morning & have enjoyed breakfast, lunch & a delicious fruit tray. Our attendants have been by every hour or so to see if we've needed anything.

My 9 mth old baby is happily napping in my arms in the shade while my 3 yr old is playing with some toys on the ground for her pool break.

Just a perfect day. So glad we splurged on the cabana.

I'm at Aulani and sitting in Cabana #1 as I post this. It's beautiful! I have a great view of the beach and the people walking on the ramp or stairs to the beach are not close or a bother at all.

There still are 4 cabanas by the main pool.
I can hear some construction noise, but its not super loud & kinda blends into the background noise of the pool, people's conversation, wind, ocean & ambient music.

We got to the Cabana around 9 this morning & have enjoyed breakfast, lunch & a delicious fruit tray. Our attendants have been by every hour or so to see if we've needed anything.

My 9 mth old baby is happily napping in my arms in the shade while my 3 yr old is playing with some toys on the ground for her pool break.

Just a perfect day. So glad we splurged on the cabana.

How much shade is there from that tree in front of that cabana? I was thinking maybe it would fall in the other direction as the day wears on? I really can only count 3 cabanas in that pic that this person posted on the other thread - glad to hear there are still 4 of them! I have been debating between trying to get # 1 or # 4. Enjoy!! Post some pics when you get a chance!! :goodvibes

:headache: Somebody just posted a pic on the views thread that looks like there are now only THREE cabanas by the beach!! I looks like they've removed # 4 and expanded the construction area and put up another wall along the side of # 3 where # 4 USED to be. I am getting really frustrated over this cabana nonsense. The first time we decide we're gonna splurge on one for a couple of days and they make them so unattractive to pay for. I don't have a small child so I don't necessarily want to be over by that children's play area but they sure don't make the remaining ones look appealing. :sad:

I can relate, it's our first time ever renting a cabana so a nice splurge for us. I'll have my 18yr old step-son so no small children either. Either way I'm hoping the experience will be worth it!

My idea is to rent the cabana for our last day so we have a hang out point after we check out of our room. Our flight isn't until 8pm, so I think it will be worth it. The upside is that we will be there for several days in advance so if I see that they stink, I can always cancel.

My idea is to rent the cabana for our last day so we have a hang out point after we check out of our room. Our flight isn't until 8pm, so I think it will be worth it. The upside is that we will be there for several days in advance so if I see that they stink, I can always cancel.

I think that's a wonderful idea. We've done that at VGC and its been a relaxing way to end a trip.

The cabanas don't "Stink". We really enjoyed having one yesterday & don't have a single regret.

The lounge chairs in front of all 4 cabanas got considerable sun during the entire day. In the afternoon, I had to scoot the loveseat in a bit to avoid the sun coming from the beach side of the cabana. With a 9 month old napping on me, I was trying to stay in the shade, so the cabana was ideal.

I'll post pics as soon as I figure out an easy way to do that from my phone. Wish Disboards had a direct post from phone option like Twitter or Facebook.

How much shade is there from that tree in front of that cabana? I was thinking maybe it would fall in the other direction as the day wears on? I really can only count 3 cabanas in that pic that this person posted on the other thread - glad to hear there are still 4 of them! I have been debating between trying to get # 1 or # 4. Enjoy!! Post some pics when you get a chance!! :goodvibes

I spent two days in Cabana 1 and there was too much shade if you are a true sun worshipper. It was shaded pretty heavily until afternoon and by then the sun was at an angle and it was very difficult to get a rounded out tan. I switched then to two days in Cabana 4 but still didn't care for the traffic flow and much more enjoyed my last two days in 7 and 8 (which are not not there due to construction.

That's a great idea! How many days out can you cancel if needed?

Bump!

Still hoping for some close up pics of the cabanas & the shade / construction / privacy problems.....

Bump!

Still hoping for some close up pics of the cabanas & the shade / construction / privacy problems.....

Annie, when do you arrive? I can post pics this Wed if that's not too late.
We're back in a cabana today, #1, and I know it's going to be a great day.

Take your time! :rotfl: We don't go until August! I'm just anxious about them!! I swear that one picture that was just posted the other day on the views thread makes them look awful.

We'll be there in a couple of weeks so we really appreciate any pics and reports on "shade". The wife is getting so paranoid, I'll probably end up in the cabana by myself with her out by the pool.

By the way, do you end up receiving a fruit basket in the morning and something else in the afternoon? I seem to recall reading about a complementary snack or dessert.

Would you also mind yelling over the construction wall at the workers to hurry it up! They need to finish within the next 3 weeks for us....lol.

We'll be there in a couple of weeks so we really appreciate any pics and reports on "shade". The wife is getting so paranoid, I'll probably end up in the cabana by myself with her out by the pool.

By the way, do you end up receiving a fruit basket in the morning and something else in the afternoon? I seem to recall reading about a complementary snack or dessert.

Would you also mind yelling over the construction wall at the workers to hurry it up! They need to finish within the next 3 weeks for us....lol.

:idea:Maybe she (Iggipolka) could just go chop down this dumb tree for us while the baby's taking a nap!? :lmao: It's her last day - she can play lumberjack & be gone before they catch her!! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter