• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aulani for a 3 year old?

scrx2

Earning My Ears
Hello! We are considering a trip to Aulani with our 3 year old. He'll be about 3.5 at the time of the trip and LOVES water! Would Aulani be a fantastic option for him (and us) on the island (or other islands?) Or should I look elsewhere? We are avid Kauai travelers and will island hop over there at the end of our trip but want to also do something special that is very kiddo friendly for our little guy. Any advice?

Hello! We are considering a trip to Aulani with our 3 year old. He'll be about 3.5 at the time of the trip and LOVES water! Would Aulani be a fantastic option for him (and us) on the island (or other islands?) Or should I look elsewhere? We are avid Kauai travelers and will island hop over there at the end of our trip but want to also do something special that is very kiddo friendly for our little guy. Any advice?
There isn't a more family friendly resort on Oahu than Aulani. He won't be able to enjoy Aunty's Beach House but there are plenty of pools, splash pad, menehune bridge, and other activities that will keep your child busy.

And he’ll get to meet Mickey and friends!

And spend time on the beach with toys available from for building castles and digging!

I think it can be a great trip. When we took our DD3 on a cruise, the best time was stopping at the private island and playing on the beach. Mix in character sightings, an endless river, and a zero entry pool (with pool parties with Goofy!) and I couldn’t imagine a better time for her. Unfortunately for us, the Pandemic happened, and she didn’t get to go to Aulani until she’s older and a little more jaded about characters…. They grow up too fast!

And spend time on the beach with toys available from for building castles and digging!

I think it can be a great trip. When we took our DD3 on a cruise, the best time was stopping at the private island and playing on the beach. Mix in character sightings, an endless river, and a zero entry pool (with pool parties with Goofy!) and I couldn’t imagine a better time for her. Unfortunately for us, the Pandemic happened, and she didn’t get to go to Aulani until she’s older and a little more jaded about characters…. They grow up too fast!
Thank you for the reassurance! And I hear you, my little guy is a pandemic baby so this is our first major travel expedition with him!

There isn't a more family friendly resort on Oahu than Aulani. He won't be able to enjoy Aunty's Beach House but there are plenty of pools, splash pad, menehune bridge, and other activities that will keep your child busy.
Do they check ages for the Aunt's place? He will almost be 4!

Do they check ages for the Aunt's place? He will almost be 4!
They never asked us. But they will check the guest list on your hotel reservation so if you say he’s 4, then you should be good. He also needs to be potty trained

We recently took our 3 year old and she loved it. She was not old enough for Aunties but there was still lots we could do: Thingamabobs mermaid family activity, Shake a Shaka pool party, family fun animation class, they have a little performance on the lawn with Moana, evening stories by the fire pit, Ukulele class, menehune adventure trail, and DVC member celebration if you are DVC. There is a movie night on the lawn but ours got rained out. The only activity we paid extra for was the make your own Mickey ears. Also we did a 7am character breakfast which was great because the restaurant was not busy yet so the characters came by multiple times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter