Aulani Villas & Views -- REVISED 07/22/2017

I think the dedicated two-bedrooms that are in the long wing of the Ewa Building -- xx75, xx81, and xx87 -- will all have some partial views of the ocean. The higher the floor, the better your chances of seeing the ocean. The lower floors may have some views obstructed by the landscaping, but I think once you are above the 4th floor you'll be OK.

These villas will have the added benefit of giving you views of the Starlit Hui show that is performed on the lawn next to the Ewa Building.

The dedicated two-bedroom villas in the Ewa Building Phase 1 (xx51) will only let you see the island, not the ocean. However, if you are high enough you should be able to see Diamondhead in the distance.

Perfect, thank you!!

We stayed in 881 and loved it! I think my pics are posted in message 199 of this thread. I called and made a room request before we arrived, and was pretty specific about the room numbers I wanted.

Have fun!

Yes, yours are the photos I was impressed with! Do you remember specifically what you asked for? High floor? Long wing of Ewa tower? Or did you actually say room ending in xx75, xx81, xx87?

Aulani, a Disney Resort and Spa, is the 11th resort in the Disney Vacation Club system. The first phase of the resort opened on August 29, 2011, and the second phase opened on November 15, 2011. The third and final phase is scheduled to open Winter 2013.

Aulani has 460 DVC Vacation Homes, including 21 three-bedroom Grand Villas and 439 two-bedroom villas. In addition, 246 of the two-bedroom villas will be configured as 'lock off' 'villas, meaning they can be booked as two-bedroom villas, studios, or one-bedroom villas.

Aulani has four different view categories. Standard View includes either a view of the conference center, parking lot, or parking garage from the room or balcony. Island View includes at least a partial view of the mountains, spa, or landscaping from the room or balcony. Pool View includes at least a partial view of the pool, courtyards, water features, or landscaping from the room or balcony. Ocean View includes at least a partial view of the ocean from the room or balcony.

The following chart shows the number and type of villas in each phase by view category.

The following diagram shows the location of Aulani's three phases.

Phase 1 is in the Ewa Building and is adjacent to Aulani's lobby. The even numbered villas face Aulani's pool and the ocean. The odd numbered villas face the convention center, the street, and the island. There are 73 Vacation Homes in Phase 1 of the Ewa Building, but no Grand Villas

Phase 2 is in the Waianae Building and is on the left side of the resort when looking from the ocean. The even numbered villas face Aulani's pool and the ocean. The odd numbered villas face outward and the upper floors have ocean views. Phase 2 has 11 Grand Villas which are on the end cap of the Waianae Building and face the ocean.

Phase 3, which started to be used in early October 2012, is the largest of Aulani's three phases. It is an L-shaped building that is on the right side of the resort when looking from the ocean. The short wing, which is closer to the lobby, has even numbered villas that face the island or the ocean, and odd numbered villas that face other structures or the island. The Phase 3 long wing has even numbered villas that face Aulani's pool and ocean, and odd numbered villas that face the island. There are also a few odd numbered villas on the higher floors that face the ocean. Phase 3 has 10 Grand Villas which are on the end cap of the Phase 3 Building.

The following diagrams show the View category for each villa. Column headers indicate the type of accommodation, such a Grand Villa, dedicated two-bedroom, or lock off two-bedroom. When known, the diagrams also show which part of the lock off two-bedroom is the studio and which part is the one-bedroom villa.

There is symmetry in the layout of most of the villas at Aulani, resulting in the same type of accommodation stacked on top of each other. For example, in the Waianae Building, the villas with room numbers ending in '02' are all dedicated two-bedroom villas. The exception is with villas 164 and 264 in the Phase 3 Building. They are dedicated two-bedroom villas, while the other villas numbered xx64 on the floors above are lock off two bedroom villas.

When looking at the diagrams, note that the Waianae Building and the long wing of the Phase 3 Building are tapered. The parts closest to the lobby extend to the 16th floor, but the buildings taper down to the 14th floor and the 11th floor as they approach the ocean.

The information for these diagrams is derived from Aulani's Master Declaration dated June 7, 2010.

Here is another resort map that shows the location of some of the features and services around Aulani:

When you visit Aulani, it would be helpful if you post photos of the view from your villa to this thread.

If you have any questions, or if you notice any discrepancies or errors in these diagrams, please let me know.

Quick Links to Specific Posts (Click on Villa Number to Jump to Post):

(Note: Some of these posts are on the Disboards DVC Resorts board and some are on the DVCNews Forum board.)

Villa 110: Pool View Studio with photos
Villa 170/172: Pool View Lock-off two Bedroom with Photos
Villa 204: Pool View Studio with photos
Villa 278: Pool View Studio with photos
Villa 304: Pool View Studio with photos
Villa 310: Pool View Studio with photos
Villa 312: Pool View One-Bedroom with photos
Villa 356: Pool View Studio with photos
Villa 363: Standard View One-Bedroom with photos
Villa 406: Pool View One-Bedroom with photos
Villa 452: Pool View One-Bedroom with photos
Villa 453: Standard View One-Bedroom with photos
Villa 456: Pool View Studio with photos. Note: Handicapped Accessible
Villa 457: Standard View Studio with photos
Villa 458: Pool View One-Bedroom with photos
Villa 482: Pool View One-Bedroom with photos
Villa 504: Pool View Studio with photos. More photos here.
Villa 505/507: Island View Two-Bedroom Lock-off (505 Studio/507 1BR) with photos
Villa 508: Pool View Dedicated Two-Bedroom with photos
Villa 551: Standard View Two-Bedroom Dedicated with photos
Villa 552: Pool View One-Bedroom with photos. More photos.
Villa 570: Pool View One-Bedroom with photos
Villa 576/578: Pool View Two-Bedroom Lock-off (576 1BR/578 Studio) with photos
Villa 612: Ocean View One-Bedroom with photo
Villa 651: Standard View Dedicated Two-Bedroom with photos
Villa 657: Standard View Studio with photos
Villa 670/670: Ocean View Two-Bedroom Lockoff with photo
Villa 676: Ocean View One-Bedroom Lockoff with photos
Villa 752: Ocean View One-Bedroom with photos
Villa 758: Ocean View One-Bedroom with photos
Villa 759: Standard View One-Bedroom with photos.
Villa 787: Ocean View Dedicated Two-Bedroom with Photos
Villa 804: Ocean View Studio with photo
Villa 808: Ocean View Dedicated Two-Bedroom with photo Note: Handicap Accessible Villa
Villa 813: Ocean View One-Bedroom with photo
Villa 851: Island View Dedicated Two-Bedroom with photos
Villa 857: Island View Studio with photos
Villa 876: Ocean View One Bedroom with photo
Villa 881: Island View Dedicated Two-Bedroom with photos
Villa 910: Ocean View Studio with photos
Villa 913: Ocean View One-Bedroom with photos
Villa 964: Ocean View Studio with photo
Villa 982: Ocean View One-Bedroom with photos
Villa 1001: Ocean View Three-Bedroom Grand Villa with photos
Villa 1003: Ocean View Dedicated Two-Bedroom with photos
Villa 1006: Ocean View One-Bedroom with photo
Villa 1007: Ocean View One-Bedroom with photo
Villa 1008: Ocean View Dedicated Two-Bedroom with photos
Villa 1051: Island View Dedicated Two-Bedroom with photos
Villa 1054: Ocean View Studio with photo
Villa 1060: Ocean View Dedicated Two-Bedroom with photos, including extended balcony
Villa 1070: Ocean View One-Bedroom with photos
Villa 1077: Island View One-Bedroom with photo
Villa 1084: Ocean View Studio with photos
Villa 1106: Ocean View One-Bedroom with photo
Villa 1152: Ocean View One-Bedroom with photo
Villa 1154: Ocean View Studio with Photos
Villa 1174: Ocean View Dedicated Two-Bedroom with photo
Villa 1180: Ocean View Dedicated Two-Bedroom with photo
Villa 1189: Ocean View Grand Villa with photos
Villa 1204: Ocean View Studio with photos
Villa 1252: Ocean View One-Bedroom with photos
Villa 1258: Ocean View One-Bedroom with photo
Villa 1406: Ocean View One-Bedroom with photos
Villa 1410: Ocean View Studio with photos
Villa 1456/1458: Ocean View Lockoff Two-Bedroom with photos
Villa 1474: Ocean View Dedicated Two-Bedroom with photos
Villa 1478: Ocean View Studio with photo
Villa 1485: Ocean View Studio with photos
Villa 1550: Ocean View Dedicated Two-Bedroom with photos
Villa 1568: Ocean View One-Bedroom with photos; additional photo
Villa 1576: Ocean View One-Bedroom with photos
Villa 1577: Island View One-Bedroom with photo
Villa 1612: Ocean View One-Bedroom with Photo; more photos of Villa #1612
Villa 1655: Island View Studio with photos
Villa 1673: Island View Studio with photo
Villa 1680: Ocean View Dedicated Two-Bedroom with photos

List of Handicapped Accessible Villas

Villa #301 - Ocean View Grand Villa; Accessible Tub
Villa #456 - Pool View Studio; Roll in Shower
Villa #512 - Pool View One-Bedroom; Roll in Shower
Villa #558 - Pool View One-Bedroom; Roll in Shower
Villa #559 - Standard View One-Bedroom; Roll in Shower
Villa #757 - Standard View Studio; Accessible Tub
Villa #772 - Ocean View Studio; Accessible Tub
Villa #808 - Ocean View Dedicated Two-Bedroom; Accessible Tub
Villa #809 - Ocean View Dedicated Two-Bedroom; Accessible Tub
Villa #859 - Island View One-Bedroom; Accessible Tub
Villa #870 - Ocean View One-Bedroom; Accessible Tub
Villa #875 - Island View Dedicated Two-Bedroom; Accessible Tub
Villa #1057 - Island View Studio; Accessible Tub
Villa #1072 - Ocean View Studio; Accessible Tub
Villa #1073 - Island View Studio; Roll in Shower
Villa #1108 - Ocean View Dedicated Two-Bedroom; Accessible Tub
Villa #1109 - Ocean View Dedicated Two-Bedroom; Accessible Tub
Villa #1112 - Ocean View One-Bedroom; Roll in Shower
Villa #1158 - Ocean View One-Bedroom; Accessible Tub
Villa #1159 - Island View One-Bedroom; Accessible Tub
Villa #1175 - Island View Dedicated Two-Bedroom; Accessible Tub

Aulani Hotel Views (non-DVC villas):

Hotel 1530: Ocean View

NEW: Click HERE for Map showing location of Aulani's cabanas as of November 2012. Please remember that Aulani's construction projects may have an impact on some of these cabana locations.

Pictures are great I would love to stay in any room just to be there, one day.

We are here now. Did some quick research on this thread before we left. We have an Island view 1 bedroom. Based on this thread we requested room 1577 or 1677. We got 1577 and love it. South facing with a partial view of the ocean and diamond head in the distance. This thread is brilliant!

We are here now. Did some quick research on this thread before we left. We have an Island view 1 bedroom. Based on this thread we requested room 1577 or 1677. We got 1577 and love it. South facing with a partial view of the ocean and diamond head in the distance. This thread is brilliant!

I didn't realize you could see Diamond Head from that side of the Ewa Building. I learn something new every day. Hope you can post some photos of your view!

Diamond head is tiny but it is there! I brought my DSLR but not my computer. Will post some photos when we get home. :)

I'm pretty sure we are going with a island view studio. From reading this thread, the best chance at getting a partial ocean view would be a villa in the long wing of Ewa building on a high floor. Should that be my request? Or should I specify rooms that end in 73, 79, or 85, high floor? Also when and where do I make requests? Is that one online or do I need to call member services? TIA.

I'm pretty sure we are going with a island view studio. From reading this thread, the best chance at getting a partial ocean view would be a villa in the long wing of Ewa building on a high floor. Should that be my request? Or should I specify rooms that end in 73, 79, or 85, high floor? Also when and where do I make requests? Is that one online or do I need to call member services? TIA.

In my opinion, its best to contact Member Services directly with your request. The online options aren't very specific and may not let you clearly indicate the location you prefer.

Given your preferences, its probably best to ask for a villa ending in room numbers xx73, xx79, or xx85 on a high floor. The term "long wing" is a term I made up for this thread. I don't think the Aulani CMs use that term for that part of the Ewa Building.

Good luck in getting what you want!

In my opinion, its best to contact Member Services directly with your request. The online options aren't very specific and may not let you clearly indicate the location you prefer.

Given your preferences, its probably best to ask for a villa ending in room numbers xx73, xx79, or xx85 on a high floor. The term "long wing" is a term I made up for this thread. I don't think the Aulani CMs use that term for that part of the Ewa Building.

Good luck in getting what you want!

I didn't realize you made that up! I am glad I asked. I would love to have one of the awesome "Ocean view from an island view" that I have seen posted here but I wont get my hopes up. I am sure lots of people request those rooms. I will just be happy to be there.

The DVCNews has a link to an article about the completion of the construction of the new features at Aulani. See http://www.dvcnews.com/index.php/co...at-resort-expansion-to-be-complete-october-19. Apparently, the new Ka Maka Pool, Keike Cove Splash Area, and the new cafe will be completed by October 19.

Say it ain't so !!!! We arrive Oct 2 and leave Oct 11 !!! Was soooooo looking forward to all the new enhancements. I believed it when they said "completed by the end of September".

Maybe if construction wasn't being done on "island time", it would have been completed before I got there.
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2::rotfl2: :rotfl2::rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Say it ain't so !!!! We arrive Oct 2 and leave Oct 11 !!! Was soooooo looking forward to all the new enhancements. I believed it when they said "completed by the end of September".

Maybe if construction wasn't being done on "island time", it would have been completed before I got there.
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2::rotfl2: :rotfl2::rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Oops, I stand corrected, the timing is not great, I'm sorry!

Perhaps Aulani will have soft openings of some of the features during your stay. Maybe you can volunteer to be test subjects for the new Grotto Pool or restaurant.

Good luck, and please take some photos!

Perhaps Aulani will have soft openings of some of the features during your stay. Maybe you can volunteer to be test subjects for the new Grotto Pool or restaurant.

Good luck, and please take some photos!

Test subjects for the new restaurant. :thumbsup2. My guys would love that!!!
I can only hope. pixiedust:pixiedust:

Oh me too sad. I only have two days there after a cruise October 5 and 6. Soo looking forward to adult pool etc :(

Hopefully. I know the original projected date was early September but they're behind. Luckily the adult pool isn't attached to the new pool play area that's near the beach so hopefully it'll be finished sooner. :) there's also a new quick service food area being built in the area :) I hope you enjoy your stay!

UPDATE!! My work schedule had me go near the pool today so I had a look at the construction... They are making GREAT progress! I even saw water in the pool today so hopefully that means its almost done :) I didn't get a really good look at it but I know the kiddie area is pretty much done :)

UPDATE!! My work schedule had me go near the pool today so I had a look at the construction... They are making GREAT progress! I even saw water in the pool today so hopefully that means its almost done :) I didn't get a really good look at it but I know the kiddie area is pretty much done :)

YAY that is fantastic news. Fingers crossed for it being ready for first week october. Thank you for all your advice.
I was actually just looking at resturant bookings. I notice you can book the Makahiki restaurant for breakfast and dinner. But can you book for lunch or do you just show up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter