Avatar experience coming to Disneyland

If DCA, I vote for Hollywood backlot. There is so little over there. Plus, the tall structure would draw attention to the park.

I know Carousel of Progress/America Sings is used for storage and a DVC lounge. Any word on a new attraction in that area?
No idea about where Avatar will land, but i know there are rumors of big things in the works for Tomorrowland.

Rocket Rods?????! :rotfl2:
Well,I always wanted to but never got to since every time I visited, they would go down. It seemed literally like every half hour. Long before cell phones…you’d just ask a CM or check tip board and by the time you got over to Tomorrow,and, they’d be down again. hey, at least PeopleMover was dependable!

If DCA, I vote for Hollywood backlot. There is so little over there. Plus, the tall structure would draw attention to the park.

I know Carousel of Progress/America Sings is used for storage and a DVC lounge. Any word on a new attraction in that area?
I asked our tour guide about that. He told me that area isn’t as big as it looks and the carousel of progress backs up almost to Harbor. He did think they’ll eventually do something in that area (so enjoy the lounge while it lasts) but didn’t think it would be Avatar.

I’ve heard people mover rumors as well, that it might be back in some form, but it won’t be the complete original track as so much is in disrepair. It was also included in the Disneyland Forward documentation as a method to move people between the parks.

Last edited:
My hypothesis: they will not spend a dime in Tomorrowland unless they have new IP they think they can monetize. They’d rather copy attractions they’ve built in other parts of the world in Disney Forward.

I agree with this. I could see them trying to put the Tron ride in.
All I know is...if they get rid of Autopia I would be seriously upset. My son likes to end each day on that ride.

My hypothesis: they will not spend a dime in Tomorrowland unless they have new IP they think they can monetize. They’d rather copy attractions they’ve built in other parts of the world in Disney Forward.
There was just a blurb (I think in OC register) that the President of DLR was overseas looking at frozen land. My guess is they’ll do both, copy some popular overseas stuff and so some stuff that is unique only to Disneyland.

It might be because they don’t work as well. Hong Kong had electric cars and they got rid of them.
Hong Kong got rid of it in favor of an Avengers ride, not because the electric cars were unreliable. If anything, electric cars are far more reliable as there is less maintenance needed and less moving parts.

Short of my daughter demanding to ride it, there is nothing that will get me back in that ride until they move away from gas. The fumes in that area are awful.

I think the issue with Autopia is it's too intertwined with the Monorail track to get a full teardown. I doubt they want a monorail running through Pandora. Would be pretty unstable. I also think this is going to be something fairly small and in the vein of the Journey of Water in Epcot. Not a full blown ride but more of a walk-through experience.

We should hopefully have DAS so our wait will be spent elsewhere, at least. I'm not sure if I'll do FOP. We plan to just stick to rides our son will do along with a few priority rides that my husband and I will take turns on. And honestly, FOP isn't high on my list.
DAS FOP. Absolutely. Time your 2 preselects to be done while DAS FOP. We typically enter park, DAS FOP and make our way up to Safari and Lion King show and FOP before/after break then DAS everest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter