Avengers Campus Superthread – Opening June 4, 2021!

We visited DCA and Avengers Campus yesterday and had one of the best trips I've ever had at Disney. We got boarding group 6 and entered DCA at about 8:15. They had called us and my son wanted to ride first so we went right there. There was one group ahead of us and so the wait was about five minutes and when we loaded there was no one else in any of the cars but us. When we got off there was still no one in line so I asked if we could ride again and they let us! They walked us right over to the departing cars and we rode again! We then went over to GOTG and it was a walk on so we did WS 2 times and GOTG before the park opened!

I mobile ordered a pretzel from PYM's and we walked around the land a bit. While we were sitting eating our pretzel The Avengers Assemble show happened and we had excellent seats to see it, just by chance. Since the shows are in the app now we knew to walk over and wait for the Black Panther show. (I can't remember the name of the warriors.) Then we walked over and watched the spider man show. Guardian's was a walk on again so we did that and then decided to leave. The rest of the day was amazing with no waits very long. We caught RSR right as it was re-opining from a shutdown so only waited about 20 minutes. The rest of the park seemed empty compared to how it was when we were there in May. Since there was no standby line for Avengers we went back in to get the giant chocolate bar and some drinks. We left again to do some other things and then came back to catch the Dr. Strange show at 8:40. It was so cool! I recommend trying to see that on at night. They packed us in though. I had people right up on me in all directions.

We also saw so many characters! My son who is a huge Marvel fan LOVED it.

They are filling all rides. At times it felt very awkward to be so close to people after so long of being distanced. I will echo what others have said and if you don't feel comfortable without social distancing don't come now.

All in all, maybe our best trip ever!

Last edited:
We visited DCA and Avengers Campus yesterday and had one of the best trips I've ever had at Disney. We got boarding group 6 and entered DCA at about 8:15. They had called us and my son wanted to ride first so we went right there. There was one group ahead of us and so the wait was about five minutes and when we loaded there was no one else in any of the cars but us. When we got off there was still no one in line so I asked if we could ride again and they let us! They walked us right over to the departing cars and we rode again! We then went over to GOTG and it was a walk on so we did WS 2 times and GOTG before the park opened!

I mobile ordered a pretzel from PYM's and we walked around the land a bit. While we were sitting eating our pretzel The Avengers Assemble show happened and we had excellent seats to see it, just by chance. Since the shows are in the app now we knew to walk over and wait for the Black Panther show. (I can't remember the name of the warriors.) Then we walked over and watched the spider man show. Guardian's was a walk on again so we did that and then decided to leave. The rest of the day was amazing with no waits very long. We caught RSP right as it was re-opining from a shutdown so only waited about 20 minutes. The rest of the park seemed empty compared to how it was when we were there in May. Since there was no standby line for Avengers we went back in to get the giant chocolate bar and some drinks. We left again to do some other things and then came back to catch the Dr. Strange show at 8:40. It was so cool! I recommend trying to see that on at night. They packed us in though. I had people right up on me in all directions.

They are filling all rides. At times it felt very awkward to be so close to people after so long of being distanced. I will echo what others have said and if you don't feel comfortable without social distancing don't come now.

Good call on asking to go again! Sounds like a great day!

I mobile ordered a pretzel from PYM's and we walked around the land a bit. While we were sitting eating our pretzel The Avengers Assemble show happened and we had excellent seats to see it, just by chance. Since the shows are in the app now we knew to walk over and wait for the Black Panther show. (I can't remember the name of the warriors.) Then we walked over and watched the spider man show. Guardian's was a walk on again so we did that and then decided to leave. The rest of the day was amazing with no waits very long. We caught RSR right as it was re-opining from a shutdown so only waited about 20 minutes. The rest of the park seemed empty compared to how it was when we were there in May. Since there was no standby line for Avengers we went back in to get the giant chocolate bar and some drinks. We left again to do some other things and then came back to catch the Dr. Strange show at 8:40. It was so cool! I recommend trying to see that on at night. They packed us in though. I had people right up on me in all directions.

Sounds completely amazing. I'm hoping tomorrow isn't too crazy, but I know it might be, since it's the first weekend it's open to out-of-state visitors. 😬

If I get a super low group like 2 or something that I know we can’t possibly make, can I cancel the BG so it will open up more places for other people to try to get a BG at noon?
I think there's a Remove Guests option on the BG, but I don't know that it's full Cancel - I don't know if you can remove yourself. (I've never tried.)

Whether you cancel or not - it wouldn't necessarily allow someone else to ride in your place later in the day. For example, having your spots available might not be enough for them to be able to accept another full BG at the end of the night. (I think folks have approximated that a full BG is 100 people.) It couldn't hurt, but, in the end, it's likely that your spots would simply go unused.

But with that - getting a BG at 7am with a 5% chance of actually being able to use it would 100% guarantee that someone else would have a disappointing morning, and they would have to try again at noon.

Admittedly, like you said, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to get one at 7am.

But that's just how I operate - I like keeping good karma. I'd rather let someone else have an amazing morning than try to take a 5% chance on something. (In fairness, like I said before, I might feel differently if it was my only opportunity to get a BG that trip.)

All that's just me - you have every right to feel differently about it and take a shot at it. (And I mean that genuinely, not in a passive-aggressive way.)

I thought I set an alarm for 6:55 to make sure I was ready to try for a boarding pass today, but apparently I set it for this evening… So when I realized it was 6:59 I really had to hustle and I was all shaky when I finished! But I got boarding group 30 for web slingers! So excited! About to walk in the long way through downtown Disney.

I thought I set an alarm for 6:55 to make sure I was ready to try for a boarding pass today, but apparently I set it for this evening… So when I realized it was 6:59 I really had to hustle and I was all shaky when I finished! But I got boarding group 30 for web slingers! So excited! About to walk in the long way through downtown Disney.
You’re lucky you happened to be up at 6:59! Have so much fun!

Whoa, that's cutting it close. Sounds like you used your Spidey senses to lock that one in.

You’re lucky you happened to be up at 6:59! Have so much fun!
Whoa, that's cutting it close. Sounds like you used your Spidey senses to lock that one in.

Ha ha, I was already up for the day and getting ready, I just set an extra alarm so I didn’t lose track of time and missed the window!

Have two reservations for today with Hopper tix starting at DCA today. WS BG process just gave me the “no reservation found” error when trying to grab a BG, but that’s incorrect. Is this the situation Guest Services can help fix? There’s no reason for me to get that error.

One of the bloggers I follow on Instagram posted that he was just able to “walk on” WS in the afternoon/evening. Without a boarding pass. Is this true?? Are they allowing people in a standby line to go on the ride without a boarding pass?

Have two reservations for today with Hopper tix starting at DCA today. WS BG process just gave me the “no reservation found” error when trying to grab a BG, but that’s incorrect. Is this the situation Guest Services can help fix? There’s no reason for me to get that error.
Update, Guest Services confirmed this was a glitch and she added a WS BG to my account. Also the standby line for AC is pretty short right now compared to last week

Did you take a screenshot of the "no reservations found" error. Maybe talk to guess services and show them that screenshot and that you did have proper reservations.

If you don't have a screenshot of the error, I wouldn't even bother, they haven't been making hardly any allowances.

Did you take a screenshot of the "no reservations found" error. Maybe talk to guess services and show them that screenshot and that you did have proper reservations.

If you don't have a screenshot of the error, I wouldn't even bother, they haven't been making hardly any allowances.
Yep had multiple screenshots and she fixed it all and logged an IT issue so (hopefully) nobody else deals with this glitch in the future

One of the bloggers I follow on Instagram posted that he was just able to “walk on” WS in the afternoon/evening. Without a boarding pass. Is this true?? Are they allowing people in a standby line to go on the ride without a boarding pass?

I heard rumors this was happening closer to park closing 8pm/8:30pm however was never there that late at AC to confirm.

I heard rumors this was happening closer to park closing 8pm/8:30pm however was never there that late at AC to confirm.
I was able to do this last Saturday at 8:30 PM. They had gotten through all of the boarding groups that were given out and I politely asked a CM if they were going to be opening for walk on and they let me through the rope. It was not advertised as being open for walk on.

When we were there yesterday there were still quite a few folks in line for WS at 8:20, and they were still scanning entry codes. Also, I think they were up close to BG 200 at that point. I think they may be distributing more BGs now, so the chances of this happening are probably diminishing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter