Avengers Campus Superthread – Opening June 4, 2021!

Dr Strange Show: has this been modified for covid/distancing? I’m still not exactly sure what it is. Is it a fancy meet & greet? Is it an actual sit-down-and-watch show? I hope this is surprisingly cool.
I'm hoping it's similar to Jedi Training, where folks can learn the moves from Doctor Strange to fight off Dormammu or something, but other people can watch it happen. I'd be fine if it was just a (relatively short) sit-and-watch show, though -- like the Indy Stunt Show on a much smaller scale.

We saw a Doctor Strange show at Hollywood Studios awhile back. It was a hidden experience, you has to know (from the disboards) where to go and when, and my husband was skeptical but sure enough it was there. Doctor Strange had children from the small crowd come up as volunteers. I don't remember much about it, maybe someone else does? It was enjoyable.

Looks like web slingers will use Virtual Queue when Avengers Campus opens.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...s-campus-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

Oh boy, this is sure to ruffle some feathers:

Guests may only enter a virtual queue once per day for each attraction, and may not hold a boarding group for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance and WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure at the same time.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/at...dventure/?CMP=ILC-DPFY21Q3wo0520210526210006C

Oh boy, this is sure to ruffle some feathers:

Guests may only enter a virtual queue once per day for each attraction, and may not hold a boarding group for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance and WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure at the same time.
I only see this being a relatively small portion of guests, you'd need to have park hoppers and not get a BG for the ride in the park you started in at the 7am window.

I'm more worried about the increased traffic taking a toll on their system at distribution times.

I'm more worried about the increased traffic taking a toll on their system at distribution times.

THIS. Can the Disney IT folks handle this?

I'm bummed you can't do both in one day but if you're going to be there for a few days, most folks do the five day park hoppers on their vacations, then it's fair. They're probably hoping this takes the pressure off Rise. Which actually, wouldn't be the worst thing.

THIS. Can the Disney IT folks handle this?

I'm bummed you can't do both in one day but if you're going to be there for a few days, most folks do the five day park hoppers on their vacations, then it's fair. They're probably hoping this takes the pressure off Rise. Which actually, wouldn't be the worst thing.
I think you can hypothetically get on both rides in the same day. It says you cant have both BG passes at the same time but I would think that means that if I start in DCA with a park hopper and get the Spider man BG in the morning and am able to ride before the noon distribution of ROTR pass then I would be able to get a ROTR pass at noon and hop over after 1.

You would need some luck to get an early enough BG of course.

I think you can hypothetically get on both rides in the same day. It says you cant have both BG passes at the same time but I would think that means that if I start in DCA with a park hopper and get the Spider man BG in the morning and am able to ride before the noon distribution of ROTR pass then I would be able to get a ROTR pass at noon and hop over after 1.

This is how I interpreted it as well and I hope this is how it works in practice cause I was planning to do both when we go for the day at the end of June.

I agree. You can't hold one of each from the same time slot. But you can do one morning and the other in the afternoon.

It’ll also take stress off of the Rise virtual queue once regular park hopping returns, because now you have this shared pool of possible reservations instead of everyone rushing one ride. It’ll make it more likely that you will walk away with a reservation for SOMETHING at the cost of likely not being able to do both things.

(also helps the mouse finagle an extra day at the parks for people who want to do both, but you know that Totally didn’t factor in here.)

And here we thought the BP for ROTR was due to the attraction being unreliable.
I assume the Spider-Man ride is more reliable.

Weird they went this route instead of doing what they have done with Indiana Jones.

And here we thought the BP for ROTR was due to the attraction being unreliable.
I assume the Spider-Man ride is more reliable.

Weird they went this route instead of doing what they have done with Indiana Jones.
I would guess this will be more of a short term option as a way to minimize traffic while dealing with Covid reopening. Personally, I like it for this attraction as I probably won’t do it as a standby.

I would guess this will be more of a short term option as a way to minimize traffic while dealing with Covid reopening. Personally, I like it for this attraction as I probably won’t do it as a standby.
Im not so sure. I get the impression that Disney is leaning toward implenting more virtual ques. They started before covid even and it just makes even more sense to use them more now that covid is here. Spidey will be the 3rd one and it wont suprise me at all to see them using more and more virtual ques for more rides as we move foraward.

I only see this being a relatively small portion of guests, you'd need to have park hoppers and not get a BG for the ride in the park you started in at the 7am window.

I asked the same question in the park hopping thread, but maybe you guys in here know more...
How does the park hopper work with the virtual queue ? If you have a Park Hopper and your starting at Disneyland, can you get the Rise Of The Resistance at 7am in the app or do you have to wait until 12pm ? I ask like you guys stated that Spiderman will also use the VQ system and you cant hold a boarding group for both at the same time which would be an issue if you have to get both at 12pm.

Im not so sure. I get the impression that Disney is leaning toward implenting more virtual ques. They started before covid even and it just makes even more sense to use them more now that covid is here. Spidey will be the 3rd one and it wont suprise me at all to see them using more and more virtual ques for more rides as we move foraward.

Yep. They are going forward in this direction in the future. There is a reason they created a button for Virtual Queues in the app.

I asked the same question in the park hopping thread, but maybe you guys in here know more...
How does the park hopper work with the virtual queue ? If you have a Park Hopper and your starting at Disneyland, can you get the Rise Of The Resistance at 7am in the app or do you have to wait until 12pm ? I ask like you guys stated that Spiderman will also use the VQ system and you cant hold a boarding group for both at the same time which would be an issue if you have to get both at 12pm.
If your first park is Disneyland you can get a BG in the 7:00 distribution and the 12:00 distribution (only one BG per day though). If your first park is DCA you can only get a BG in the 12:00 distribution.

If your first park is Disneyland you can get a BG in the 7:00 distribution and the 12:00 distribution (only one BG per day though). If your first park is DCA you can only get a BG in the 12:00 distribution.
Okay thanks, so I would assume with the park hopper then, since we are starting at Disneyland, try to get the Rise Of The Resistance BG at 7am and then Spiderman at 12pm and if we get ROTR hope its done before 12pm.

Okay thanks, so I would assume with the park hopper then, since we are starting at Disneyland, try to get the Rise Of Resistance BG at 7am and then Spiderman at 12pm and if we get RoR hope its done before 12pm.

Yup. We're going on the 21st of June, with DCA as our starting park. We'll try to get RoTR at 12:00.

EDIT:Spelling

Last edited:
I really disliked the Virtual Queue for ROTR at WDW a couple of weeks ago. It's more trouble than it's worth. I hate seeing it continue with WEB Slingers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter