Avengers Campus Superthread – Opening June 4, 2021!

I really disliked the Virtual Queue for ROTR at WDW a couple of weeks ago. It's more trouble than it's worth. I hate seeing it continue with WEB Slingers.
While its not the best, I do agree. I hope they go back to a FastPass+ based system. I like to know/pick what time I'm going to go on the rides ahead of time, not the day of and then the time the VQ says is still a guess, if the ride breaks down the groups stop. With FP+ based system if the ride breaks down your comped for that time but could still go on another FP ride at that time or wait for the ride to come back up.

While its not the best, I do agree. I hope they go back to a FastPass+ based system. I like to know/pick what time I'm going to go on the rides ahead of time, not the day of and then the time the VQ says is still a guess, if the ride breaks down the groups stop. With FP+ based system if the ride breaks down your comped for that time but could still go on another FP ride at that time or wait for the ride to come back up.
Well the FP system might be dead but not sure why they built rides (like Ratatouille) with FP return times if they plan on using the VQ system.... Bob Chapek at the JP Conference today stated Virtual Queues (and park reservations) are here to stay.🤦‍♂️ And them removing the FP machines from Mission Breakout isn't a good sign.

Last edited:
Im not so sure. I get the impression that Disney is leaning toward implenting more virtual ques. They started before covid even and it just makes even more sense to use them more now that covid is here. Spidey will be the 3rd one and it wont suprise me at all to see them using more and more virtual ques for more rides as we move foraward.
Yeah, after seeing Bobs statement, I've reversed my thinking on this. It's possible after limitations are lifted, they use it more like the Indy VQ, but now I doubt they even do that.

DL never had FastPass+ to begin with. They had MaxPass, which was a different (better, IMHO) thing. I would love it if MP came back. VQs make me nervous.

Well the FP system might be dead but not sure why they built rides (like Ratatouille) with FP return times if they plan on using the VQ system.... Bob Chapek at the JP Conference today stated Virtual Queues (and park reservations) are here to stay.🤦‍♂️ And them removing the FP machines from Mission Breakout isn't a good sign.
Ugh! I could handle the virtual queue, I guess, although I'll really miss fastpass. But I don't want park reservations to stay forever!

Yeah, after seeing Bobs statement, I've reversed my thinking on this. It's possible after limitations are lifted, they use it more like the Indy VQ, but now I doubt they even do that.
Ya, and the Indy VQ like RoTR is if you dont get in, your done for the day. At least with Indy you could wait in line (or get a pass) and most likely get on it.. My cousins-in-law went last week and couldn't ride Indy for the day they were there since the VQ was full. This is not good. I would bet the Avengers ride will have a VQ as well, and them taking out Mission breakout FP machines, may mean it will get one as well.

If this means you can only ride the headliners once per day, that will DEFINITELY cramp our style. If it means that you can only have a BG for one at a time, same thing.

Ya, and the Indy VQ like RoTR is if you dont get in, your done for the day. At least with Indy you could wait in line (or get a pass) and most likely get on it.. My cousins-in-law went last week and couldn't ride Indy for the day they were there since the VQ was full. This is not good. I would bet the Avengers ride will have a VQ as well, and them taking out Mission breakout FP machines, may mean it will get one as well.
Yeah, Im not a big fan of the Indy VQ since you don't know when you'll need to join. I thought the initial info pointed to them allowing walk ons at the end of the night after all boarding groups had been called, but I haven't seen very many reports on this so don't know if they're really doing that.
If this means you can only ride the headliners once per day, that will DEFINITELY cramp our style. If it means that you can only have a BG for one at a time, same thing.
I hear ya, especially with how fast boarding groups go, there's no way to get a second boarding group.
At least in DL you can have both RotR and Indy Jones at the same time.

Also, if they go with only being able to have boarding groups in one park at a time, that's going to really upset park hoppers.

Ugh, just give us MaxPass back already. I like knowing what time we're going to ride something vs just waiting for the notification to pop up. Especially if you like to take a break in the middle of your day. I would just sit by the pool and stack all our evening FPs. 😭 We didn't realize how good we had it.
I have to say that going without MaxPass (last week) was a completely different experience for us. My wife and I aren't really looking to maximize our ride time but every line seemed to be at least 45 minutes. And Pirates, HM, and Guardians were 60-90 all day. RSR was up to 120 at one point. I really hope some form of it comes back when the announce the new "AP" program.

I thought the initial info pointed to them allowing walk ons at the end of the night after all boarding groups had been called, but I haven't seen very many reports on this so don't know if they're really doing that.
They are doing the walk ons after all the boarding groups are called. I was able to ride Saturday this way. It may not happen every day though if the ride breaks down a lot and all the boarding groups haven't been called.

Ugh, just give us MaxPass back already. I like knowing what time we're going to ride something vs just waiting for the notification to pop up. Especially if you like to take a break in the middle of your day. I would just sit by the pool and stack all our evening FPs. 😭 We didn't realize how good we had it.
I didn't get to ride Indiana Jones until my 4th day, because I was in my hotel room taking a break every time. There was no way to predict when you may really be called back.

Given that there will be a standby queue to enter Avengers Campus after capacity is reached, I wonder if there will also be a time limit once you gain entry as with the early days of Galaxy's Edge?

Also, I see this being a potential nightmare:
Currently, guests may only pick up a food and beverage mobile order if they are already inside Avengers Campus. It’s important to know that simply placing a mobile order at a food and beverage location in Avengers Campus does not grant you access to the land or the park.

So I am going to assume that there will be way more BPs available for Web Slingers than there is for ROTR. I expect WS to be much more reliable.

The odd thing is that you think Disney would want guests to have the option to ride the attraction multiple times in a day to justify the cost of the wrist toy they are trying to sell. I cannot see people buying the toy without experiencing the ride first.

Given that there will be a standby queue to enter Avengers Campus after capacity is reached, I wonder if there will also be a time limit once you gain entry as with the early days of Galaxy's Edge?

Also, I see this being a potential nightmare:

Well, then there better not be return windows hours out.

Gonna be interesting this weekend!

-Got my ticket.
-Got my park reservation.

-Gotta get to Harbor early so I don’t have a long wait to get into the park.
-7am gotta try for Spider-Man virtual queue.

-If I get a Spider-Man virtual queue slot: place a mobile orders for food after that time.

-If I don’t get a Spider-Man virtual queue slot: rope drop rush to the new land and wait on standby line to enter. Guesstimate when I’ll be in and place mobile orders for after that time.

I suspect mobile order slots for the new land will fill up fast, BUT they’ve said having a mobile order does not get you into the new land. So... it seems like it’ll be a bit of a game to order early based on when you think you’ll be in the land. I think if I wait until I’m actually in, it’ll probably be too late.

Gonna be interesting!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter