Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop (half) Century! Where Did It Go???

For those of you who are now thinking Glenda is receiving a commission on all the readers she is gathering for our little ride, be assured she is not! I have absolutely nothing to give. You do remember that I am a teacher, correct? Every dollar I managed to save this year is a Disney Dollar, to be spent later in the summer. The only other thing I would have to offer is a box of leftover #2 pencils and assorted toys that I took up from my students during the year. I'm that mean teacher that takes up things (if they have them out at the wrong time) and doesn't give them back unless your parent comes to claim them. Therefore, on the last day of school, I have a nice little box of tattered YuGio cards, baseball caps, plastic action figures, lipsticks, etc. I'm sure they were very important at some point, but apparently not important enough that mom or dad needed to find out about them being taken up and knowing why they were taken. Anyway, we are glad to have all Glenda's posse along for our adventures, and I just wanted to let you know she is promoting us out of the kindness of her little lime green heart.

Now, having said that, there could be a small compensation for anyone who wanted to call 1-800-UtahMama and get her to come along. She is a Disboard favorite, of course, and Jill is quite a fan of hers. When she found her trip reports 'way back when', there was a period of time when I would call her to see what she was doing and her standard answer was, "Reading UtahMama." I got used to it. I think Jill's enjoyment of her reports was what made us both become Trip Report converts, and we have had many, many laughs and enjoyment of people's pictures ever since. Reading about the fun times and the good food and sharing in all the crazy Disney adventures, both the ups and the downs, has become a very special part of our lives. I personally have come to think that Disers are among some of the very nicest people on earth. I hope you all have a great Saturday!

Ummm, I sent Umama a pm. Ummmm, can I ummmm have the Yugio cards? :dance3: :rolleyes1

Whaaaat??? My ears were burnin' and now I know why!

I LOVE that you are starting your pre-trip a leeetle earlyish like I did.

It's time to make your countdown chart, you know!

It's tri-generational Trip Report! Y'all are raising the bar, even thought the third generation will only contribute her extreme cuteness and adorableness!!!

I totally dig the kid with the headlight hat!!!! UGH! Did I just call a twenty something year old a kid? (Time Marches ON! Next I'll say, "Back in the day"!!!)

Ok, MeMom, 50 is the new 40 doncha know so this will be the very BEST birthday for you!!! You HAVE to wear a birthday button! You'll get wished a Happy Birthday a thousand times! It ROCKS! 40 looks GOOD on you, I'm guessing :cool2:

Brooklynn'sMommy- THIS is a GREAT start! I'm subscribing and can't wait to see how Brooklynn will like the rides and characters!!!! What a lucky baby to be blessed to be born into a Disney FREAK family!!!! :laughing:

Brooklyn- Baby Girl! Lookie how cute you are!!!! Don't scream when you see Mickey Mouse, ok? He is our BEST friend and he is taking a LOT of your family's money....:rolleyes1 Your MeMom will scrapbook for you this trip but I'm sure you'll always remember the joy of Walt Disney World! :hug:

Ok, Times-a- ticken! :hourglass

Lime Green shirts Bought? Bagallini Messenger Bag? CROCS? Lime Green Mickey Head Paint Chips stolen? I have some mugs I can send ya!

Whaaaat??? My ears were burnin' and now I know why!

I LOVE that you are starting your pre-trip a leeetle earlyish like I did.

It's time to make your countdown chart, you know!

It's tri-generational Trip Report! Y'all are raising the bar, even thought the third generation will only contribute her extreme cuteness and adorableness!!!

I totally dig the kid with the headlight hat!!!! UGH! Did I just call a twenty something year old a kid? (Time Marches ON! Next I'll say, "Back in the day"!!!)

Ok, MeMom, 50 is the new 40 doncha know so this will be the very BEST birthday for you!!! You HAVE to wear a birthday button! You'll get wished a Happy Birthday a thousand times! It ROCKS! 40 looks GOOD on you, I'm guessing :cool2:

Brooklynn'sMommy- THIS is a GREAT start! I'm subscribing and can't wait to see how Brooklynn will like the rides and characters!!!! What a lucky baby to be blessed to be born into a Disney FREAK family!!!! :laughing:

Brooklyn- Baby Girl! Lookie how cute you are!!!! Don't scream when you see Mickey Mouse, ok? He is our BEST friend and he is taking a LOT of your family's money....:rolleyes1 Your MeMom will scrapbook for you this trip but I'm sure you'll always remember the joy of Walt Disney World! :hug:

Ok, Times-a- ticken! :hourglass

Lime Green shirts Bought? Bagallini Messenger Bag? CROCS? Lime Green Mickey Head Paint Chips stolen? I have some mugs I can send ya!

My husband was reading this over my shoulder. I got down to your picture and he said "Is that UtahMama?!?!" "She posted on your trip report". Just wanted you to have a little ego boost this morning.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying our report so far. Only 42 days until the official start of this trip! I didn't get a chance to add any more pics this weekend since the in-laws were in. I'll try and work on it this afternoon. The theme has been picked for Thursday nights meal. Typhoon Lagoon/Blizzard Beach. Pictures will be posted on Friday morning. Lots to do before then, got go buy all that food, decorations, and of course goody bags for all!:banana:

John and I hit Kohls this weekend. They were having a sale and I had an extra 15% off (It helps to be an MVC!) I needed another pair of tennis shoes and John needed some shorts. We also bought the world's tiniest Nikes because we anticipate that Brooklynn will want to walk a little bit while we are down there and she can't walk on that black pavement barefooted!

Well I better get to work. I have lots to do over the next few weeks in preparation for my two week absence!:cheer2:

Lime green shirts - I do have one somewhere. Baggallini - nope, but I do have a backpack thingy I got at Target the other day. I hope it will work to hold what I need and keep my hands free to help with Brooklynn. Crocs - how about knockoffs (Croc-offs?) from Payless? Those I have. I wore them at school a lot this year. It's just like putting on houseshoes and walking out the door. Brookie-baby has some tiny little cute ones. As Jill says, she is fairly adorable in them. Jill has been the designated family thief when it comes to the LGMHPC. She also bought a Mickey paper punch, so we ought to be able to decorate the windows and doors nicely. We do have our window decor - Princesses for one and Toy Story for the other. I have now added Crystal Light singles and Off insect towelettes to "the pile". We may go over to Ft. Wilderness for a movie one night, and we will likely go to the Poly Beach for the EWP one night, the towelettes will hopefully help keep us from being dessert for the critters. I got eaten up by sandfleas or no see'ums or something last year after the EWP watching at Poly, and I don't want to have that displeasure again. Stay tuned for further episodes of 'As the Pile Grows'.

I have friends who are in WDW as we speak, and they called yesterday from the line of It's a Small World. I teach with the mom and the dad is one of our longtime local TV figures. So, I hope to have a little extra Disney magic this week from the live phone reports. She said a storm did come in yesterday, but it blew over quickly. I hope to hear from her often this week. They've got a great place at Contemporary, so watching fireworks from their room will be incredible. I can't wait to see their pictures when they get back.

As of right now, we have 42 days, 8 hours, and 8 minutes until take-off!

Ahhhh Man! I miss a few days on the boards, and come back only to find out that I'm NOT getting paid!!!! :scared1: Where's my commission?

Eeyore's Tiara - Thanks for my comparison!:cloud9: After reading the ones in the introduction, I wanted one too! Thanks!

Even though the pay is low, I will be back for more! :wave:

Hey guys! Just wanted to let everybody know I added more pics to posts 1 and 9. Hope you enjoy! Today is water day for Brooklynn at school so I will be posting a picture of her in her swimsuit shortly.

MeMom....I am still not finished reading but incase someone has not already posted it for you here is the toll free 1-800-828-0228.

Ok now I am finished....loved it, loved it, loved it!!! I will make sure I see you at POP.....if you hear someone yell MOWGLI that will be me, don't be scared...LOL!!! I will be looking for your windows if I dont' see you....I will already be there 3 days when you arrive!!!

BTW....What is EWP and is there is a schedule somewhere for the movies at FT. Wilderness????

The EWP is the Electric Water Parade that is on the Seven Seas Lagoon at night. It usually starts about 9:00 or so.

So here she is in her bathing suit ready to go play with her classmates.

DSC05793.jpg

Surely that little Buddha-bellied porkchop is not the same baby that was in the hospital at one time not able to GAIN weight!!! She looks like she is ready for a day of fun in the sun. I hope that all went well and that she has gotten a nap in by now.

5boyz-Thanks for the number. I have been using that one every time I call to make a payment or ask a question, but with whatever I was doing this time, I had to talk to "special" people, and their "special" number didn't start with 1-800 unfortunately. I wasn't thrilled, but I did what I had to do. Anyway, I know better for the future. I'm just glad I finally have the DDE on its way.

I'm watching the Travel Channel right now. There's a day full of Disney fun going on! They're showing Fantasmic. I love Fantasmic!

The Electric Water Parade wasn't spectacular, in my opinion, but I like to sample everything Disney has to offer sooner or later, so I did it and I can mark it off my list. The beach was nice and Poly is beautiful. The EWP was nice enough, but I'd be going back more for the others in my party who haven't seen it rather than for myself. Also, as for the Ft. Wilderness movie, just go to the Camping Board, and at the top of the threads they give the list for the movies for the entire month. That's something I haven't done yet, so maybe I can fit it in this time. I may not stay the whole time, but I'd like to go over for the sing-along and campfire just to experience that. You can't be a Disney expert and speak from experience until you actually do each thing, so I'm ready to try the campgrounds a little this time. I love Wilderness Lodge and all things rustic, so I am looking forward to walking around the campground.

Jill, I'm glad you were able to get the Minnie pictures up. Her watching Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorites. We all so enjoyed that show and look forward to seeing it again!

So today I will be going to the store to buy the supplies for tomorrow night's party. We are having hamburgers, hot dogs, fries, pizza, and a few special Disney surprises. I have to straighten the house tonight, virtually an impossible task with an extremely mobile 9 month old. Every time I get one mess cleaned up another one is made.

For those of you who read Memom's descriptions of us you will appreciate the fact that my precisely precise husband tells me that our daughter is 9.9 months old.:teacher: What a geek?!?!?!:rotfl2:

I hope you all have a spectacularly magical day!

Ahhhh Man! I miss a few days on the boards, and come back only to find out that I'm NOT getting paid!!!! :scared1: Where's my commission?

Eeyore's Tiara - Thanks for my comparison!:cloud9: After reading the ones in the introduction, I wanted one too! Thanks!

Even though the pay is low, I will be back for more! :wave:

Youre welcome! I meant every word and we cant wait to see you again!:goodvibes

And what's up with not getting paid for all your hard work?:confused3 They didnt even send me the roughed up Yugio cards.:sad2: Now Im all bummed out!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm loving the pictures of the Minnie doll on vacation! I wish I had thought of that! :rotfl: :rotfl: :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2
And I remember bathing suits that small, just not any I owned.:rotfl2:

I cant wait to read more of your pretrip installments! :surfweb:

Loving it so far MeMom!! I will keep watching...hope your trip is as magical as mine was!!!
:cloud9:

It is still hope for me as well, Glenda!!:rotfl:

Brooklynn is too cute!!

So last night was our official Disney party! What a blast we had. Here are some pictures:
Lifeguard Mickey was guarding the kisses!
DSC05946.jpg

We found these little beauties at Walmart! Close your eyes and you are transported to the little wagon in Frontierland.
DSC05948.jpg

DSC05956.jpg

Feel like you are at Disney Wold yet?
DSC05954.jpg

THe official spread
DSC05950.jpg

Brooklynn chose pizza
DSC05957.jpg

Instead of the kitchen sink we had the wheelbarrow
DSC05961.jpg

The whole crew
DSC05967.jpg

Nope the camera fell:rotfl2:

Let's try again
DSC05968.jpg

Did you find the Hidden Memom?

More later gotta go orchestrate our Donuts For Dads event!

Memom- I think I see you!!! At least your eyes and elbow are not shy.

Jill- did YOU do all that food? or did Memom? Who ate the kitchen sink? OY!

Brooklyn- love your bikini baby girl!!!! Did they give you a Mickey chocolate thingy?

WOW! What a spread! I gained 5 pounds just looking!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter